[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone else annoyed by the rune changes?

chaoscauserchaoscauser
Reactions: 4,740
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2016 in General Chat
So now you have to be in a certain level range of the mobs on the map..... to spawn a rune. Who even thinks of this stuff? Ridiculous change in my view. I've been getting a sudden mission to find rune and now I keep failing them because I can't find one. It's a joke.

I actually thought it was a bug that I wasn't finding any as the patch notes even failed to notify us of this change.

Comments

• SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited October 2016
    Accepting a rune due to level restrictions has been a thing for a while. As far as spawning it could be a bug.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Well whatever happened the issue I have happened with the latest update I can barely find a rune.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    SwordStaker

Accepting a rune due to level restrictions has been a thing for a while. As far as spawning it could be a bug.
    No, you could always - and still can - activate a rune far below your level.
    But now you can't spawn them.
    I agree that's annoying, and I don't see why they felt the need to do it.
    chaoscauserdeadend5193Its2Sharp4ULilyflowerMegaSciencePetalmagicBlazeDash8toMidnight
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    RIP my ranmaru and PB rune usage.
    chaoscauserdeadend5193
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

SwordStaker

They hate us they always change things that ruin the game..... like removing party play LKC/Stronghold ect.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    chaoscauser

AKradian
    AKradian said:

SwordStaker

They hate us they always change things that ruin the game..... like removing party play LKC/Stronghold ect.
    Those areas you mention encouraged toxic behavior and actively encouraged people to not play the game. Just because they made you actually try to pretend to grind to level up now doesn't mean that those changes were bad for the game.

The rune change I can partially understand. They want you in maps your level, which is a noble goal but unrealistic considering the steep exp curve and the not very steep, almost feels linear or worse, curve for mob exp.
    BlazeDash
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

chaoscauser

AKradian
    AKradian said:

SwordStaker

Those areas you mention encouraged toxic behavior and actively encouraged people to not play the game. Just because they made you actually try to pretend to grind to level up now doesn't mean that those changes were bad for the game.

The rune change I can partially understand. They want you in maps your level, which is a noble goal but unrealistic considering the steep exp curve and the not very steep, almost feels linear or worse, curve for mob exp.
    Yes it does mean those changes are bad for the game everyone quit because of it and now it's a ghost town even after all the server merges..... No alternatives till now in terms of party play zones and they are only for the easy levels. It's pretty much just replace R+J PQ but not the latter levels. End game is still solo leveling it's an mmorpg and we should be able to level efficiently together. I play an mmorpg for co-operative play from level 1 to the level cap and it lost that during Unleashed when party play areas removed and majority of the population quit. If I want a solo experience then I would play a single player game.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    chaoscauser

gamechanger

chaoscauser

AKradian
    AKradian said:

SwordStaker

Yes it does mean those changes are bad for the game everyone quit because of it and now it's a ghost town even after all the server merges..... No alternatives till now in terms of party play zones and they are only for the easy levels. It's pretty much just replace R+J PQ but not the latter levels. End game is still solo leveling it's an mmorpg and we should be able to level efficiently together. I play an mmorpg for co-operative play from level 1 to the level cap and it lost that during Unleashed when party play areas removed and majority of the population quit. If I want a solo experience then I would play a single player game.
    Your tinfoil hat's a wee bit tight there, buddy.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

chaoscauser

gamechanger

chaoscauser

AKradian
    AKradian said:

SwordStaker

Your tinfoil hat's a wee bit tight there, buddy.
    What are you on about?
  • Kaneki_KenKaneki_Ken
    Reactions: 720
    edited October 2016
    chaoscauser

gamechanger

chaoscauser

AKradian
    AKradian said:

SwordStaker

Have any proof or evidence to back that statement up? Or are you just talking out of your ass?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Kaneki_Ken

chaoscauser

gamechanger

Have any proof or evidence to back that statement up? Or are you just talking out of your ass?
    Do you really not know the answer to that already?
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    If you played around that time and didn't realise the massive population drop well I just don't know what to say. Majority of my alliance quit the game. When it was just El Nido shortly after merges began. No I don't have proof I don't take screenshots of channel selection screens but I can tell just from playing on a daily basis. I've not really missed many days playing since Big Bang and I know what the population is like.
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I too noticed a decline in Rune appearances. I was in Temple of Time and I was there for 2 hours only find 1 rune on 1 map. Usually I thought they spawned every hour or every hour and a half. But I was just over 2 hours and only 1 spawned.

I think that it was always spawn a rune around your level and you can't activate one if you are too high or low. I think this was the normal.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    @OneLetter @KThxBaiNao
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    chaoscauser

gamechanger

chaoscauser

AKradian
    AKradian said:

SwordStaker

Those changes did cause some people to leave the game, but not nearly as many as you are going on about. Collectively, the following updates are what took away most of the population of GMS. In no particular order

* Potential introduced

* BB

* Unleashed

* NexonNA actually banning people for Bounty Hunter exploit, after letting it go on for ~2 weeks before taking action. Thousands of perma bans issued on otherwise legitimate players, almost all bans later revoked, but the damage was done and people left in droves.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

chaoscauser

gamechanger

chaoscauser

AKradian
    AKradian said:

SwordStaker

Those changes did cause some people to leave the game, but not nearly as many as you are going on about. Collectively, the following updates are what took away most of the population of GMS. In no particular order

* Potential introduced

* BB

* Unleashed

* NexonNA actually banning people for Bounty Hunter exploit, after letting it go on for ~2 weeks before taking action. Thousands of perma bans issued on otherwise legitimate players, almost all bans later revoked, but the damage was done and people left in droves.
    Sorry but no, the population was highest just after Big Bang till Unleashed, Unleashed was the patch that removed party play zones, and killed of the vast majority of the population.

In regards to the bounty hunter exploit the damage was already done long before then.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2016
    chaoscauser

If you played around that time and didn't realise the massive population drop well I just don't know what to say. Majority of my alliance quit the game. When it was just El Nido shortly after merges began. No I don't have proof I don't take screenshots of channel selection screens but I can tell just from playing on a daily basis. I've not really missed many days playing since Big Bang and I know what the population is like.
    chaoscauser

Sorry but no, the population was highest just after Big Bang till Unleashed, Unleashed was the patch that removed party play zones, and killed of the vast majority of the population.

In regards to the bounty hunter exploit the damage was already done long before then.
    That still doesn't prove that Unleashed killed the game. Maybe for you and your alliance, but that doesn't represent the rest of the former players.

Many others would say the pay-to-win aspect that was adopted through potential, the countless bugs that aren't fixed till years later, and the horrendous customer service that is provided.

You and I have no numbers and only one story out of a whole. We can't officially decide what the majority is without actual numbers besides "people quit during the Unleashed patch because of that". They may have quit for an entirely different reason.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

chaoscauser

chaoscauser

That still doesn't prove that Unleashed killed the game. Maybe for you and your alliance, but that doesn't represent the rest of the former players.

Many others would say the pay-to-win aspect that was adopted through potential, the countless bugs that aren't fixed till years later, and the horrendous customer service that is provided.

You and I have no numbers and only one story out of a whole. We can't officially decide what the majority is without actual numbers besides "people quit during the Unleashed patch because of that". They may have quit for an entirely different reason.
    It wasn't just my alliance it was my friend list and just the amount of people in every aspect of popular areas they just became deserted like the free market . Then servers merged it picked up a bit but then it dropped off because of other screw ups post unleashed/merges. Then more merges. Picked up again and now it's tailed off because of more screw ups , Kishin nerf/Frenzy Totem for instance.... Changing things that have been like this for years doesn't make people happy when they are gone, it makes them quit.

Well as I said population post Big Bang was the prime time in terms of games population so don't say potential was an issue. Damage cap raising would be, it wasn't difficult to hit 1m damage, Maybe if they didn't make bosses have ridiculous amount of HP to add difficulty they should of just made the mechanics harder .

Sure bugs make people annoyed but that's not a game breaker , leveling speed is more so, when they made it a total grind fest after it being fast leveling that's the key issue, it turned in to a single player game after removal of party play zones. People play an mmorpg so they can play with other and when that's gone most people don't want to play an mmorpg like that. Many other mmorpgs exist with that and they make the level cap more obtainable MapleStory has a huge amount of classes, what's wrong with letting people reach that cap easily like we had before the 250 cap came in? The fact that they increased cap to 250 while DECREASING the leveling speed up to 200 was a bad move, they never even gave us alternatives and the only real ones are in the V update which is only just coming in

MapleStory has always been a pay to progress faster game I've never spent money on it, + you have many great people who give you gear for nothing at least in GRAZED. People have always been helpful in that server. + They have introduced counter measures with reward points and such. Look at people like MechSoySauce they have never spent money on NX. H

In terms of customer service sure but that's not a small issue and it's improved alot in recent times.

Again with the useless arguments, Games population took a massive hit and everything after Unleashed that was horrible whittled it away to the state it's in now. It was the changes in Unleashed in combination with bugs not being fixed ect

look what Unleashed was

Removal of party play zones>makes it even harder to level to just 200
    level cap increase to 250>no good alternatives to removed party play zones
    Damage cap increase

I'm not saying everyone quit because of Unleashed..... I am saying the vast majority of the population did. Everyone else you mentioned whittled it away further.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    Unleashed was probably the biggest exodus in players that this game has seen, I think that both you and I agree on that.

However, you are trying to simplify the reasons for the exodus to 1 thing that you don't like, while ignoring everything else that was wrong with Unleashed.

The biggest problems that Unleashed had was not taking away our party play areas, they were the fact that Unleashed invalidated months/years that people had put into their characters (and in some cases it invalidated a lot of money they had put in as well). Suddenly level 200 wasn't as special for no reason (honestly no reason, Unleashed didn't give a single reason to level up past 200, no high level gear sets (still no gear for over level 200), no high level mobs, no bosses that required you to be over level 200, nothing). It didn't mean as much. In a single patch, the vast majority of characters got exponentially weaker even though Nexon tried to hide this fact by inflating numbers. A player that could solo Empress before Unleashed would have no chance of doing so after the patch. A player that could hit cap before Unleashed was now 1/50 of the way to the new damage cap. All endgame bosses were put out of the reach of average players, for no reason. Before unleashed, you could work hard, and get to damage cap relatively easily, and bosses were doable at that range. Afterwards, you would need exponentially more resources to get to the same level bossing wise on your characters because of how inflated everything had become.

People quit the game in droves because Unleashed invalidated everything they had done up to that point in Maplestory. Not because it took away their party play areas that were hotzones for botting and macroing
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    No I'm not trying to blame the exodus on one thing, if you actually read what I posted I mentioned the main reason and I also talked about some of the other reasons...... that helped whittle away. I didn't say "Oh this is all the reasons"

Also most of the people in party play zones aren't botters..... you had way more legit players. But what does that matter? now all the botters are more spread out and harder to catch.