[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kritias invasions

SerisentSerisent
Reactions: 715
edited February 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Not sure if this was brought up in the new forums but I thought I'd just drop a few words.
With the change in server time from PST to UTC, invasion times have become extremely inconvenient. For someone who plays in NA invasion times are now:
PST: 12AM - 2PM
EST: 3AM - 5PM

I'm not sure if this applies for the majority of players but I think most of us have work or school during those times.

If possible could the times be changed so it's all day or region specific to their respective prime hours?

Comments

• MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited January 2017
    Agreed. The times schedules for invasions are completely absurd for the typical north american as they stand. As an EST player, I'm lucky in that I can do several a day because I have a strange day-to-day schedule, but the average work day is typically 9 am - 5 pm, completely negating chances of a working stiff doing any invasions, since the invasion times before the time range will probably involve being asleep or getting ready for work for the responsible individual. Students, either younger ones or those in college, likely have similar schedules to follow, maybe they can squeeze in a few extras here and there depending on their location. PST players could probably wait up to do one at midnight or 2AM if they don't mind being tired the next day.

If the items in the Kritias shop weren't priced so expensively, it might not be so bad just getting the one Kritias coin per day from daily quests, maybe the occasional weekend invasion, but they're still priced as though GMS has Hekaton available. 400 days, give or take depending on your schedule, to get the main useful item from the shop (tyrant gloves), is pretty god awful.

There's several solutions available that would make this less of a problem for GMS:
    1. Lower the shop prices. Heck, set tyrant gloves to 60 or even 90 coins. 2-3 months is a far sight better for getting your gloves than over a year of perfect daily attendance.
    2. Give us Hekaton so we can get more anti magic stones (unlikely)
    3. Set the server time back to PST like it ought to have been (also unlikely), alternatively alter the invasion timeframe.
    4. Alter invasion entry such that they run hourly, but you only get a limited number of entries per day, like 5 or so. Treat them like guild flag races or the events like bingo and OX quiz that pop up over our heads at regular intervals.
    5. Change invasions to work more like Sudden Quests or Bounty/Inferno Wolf portals. After some odd number of kills, time, whatever a portal pops to join an invasion event. (I'll probably get dope-slapped for this one, given how many people have trouble getting their portals, just an idea guys!)

Oh well, I've got 100 coins at this point. Probably another half year to go for me if I can maintain my current lifestyle.
    RandomVixen