[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ninja Castle Jump quest pissing me OFF

Drakeos99Drakeos99
Reactions: 1,625
edited February 2017 in Rants and Raves
https://gyazo.com/340f11dee68f15945f0e83051951cd67 THIS GUY ABOVE DAMN LEDGE KEEPS knocking me off and im about to snap my brand new keyboard due to snapping my old one TRYING to do Gollux pre-quest :( please ADD skip option ASAP sick and TIRED and STRESSED OUT :(

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    It's not a bug.
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited February 2017
    Lol..It's the worst JQ ..I could do it once then they changed to the no JQ one. BUt the worst is...u have to do that JQ everytime u wanna fight the Frog. Not like Zakum that u need only do 1X.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    I can't do it either. But no, not a bug.

Arwen wrote: »
    Lol..It's the worst JQ ..I could do it once then they changed to the no JQ one. BUt the worst is...u have to do that JQ everytime u wanna fight the Frog. Not like Zakum that u need only do 1X.

You don't need to do the Zakum JQ at all now.
  • OthidistOthidist
    Reactions: 685
    edited February 2017
    If only the hit boxes for this made more sense I could die happy.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited February 2017
    To get past that part, you need to get knock off the rope by the red ninja onto the small platform and jump past the white ninja while you still have the invincibility from being hit. You will barely barely make it without "+1/2/3 seconds invincibility duration after getting hit" epic/unique/legendary tier potential on a top/overall.
  • OthidistOthidist
    Reactions: 685
    edited February 2017
    I was just going to ask if the extended invincibility duration after being hit potential are deactivated here, and if they have been negatively affected by last summer's mega patch that increased the recovery speed at which players can receive additional damage. Could a lack of oversight created a fatal flaw in the fundamentals of certain old game mechanics for various content that is no longer considered "popular"? A quandary I dare say begs investigating.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited February 2017
    Lol
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited February 2017
    Othidist wrote: »
    I was just going to ask if the extended invincibility duration after being hit potential are deactivated here, and if they have been negatively affected by last summer's mega patch that increased the recovery speed at which players can receive additional damage. Could a lack of oversight created a fatal flaw in the fundamentals of certain old game mechanics for various content that is no longer considered "popular"? A quandary I dare say begs investigating.
    Still works.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited February 2017
    My bigger peeve is the fact that we are still cut-off from Ninja Castle (assuming you don't have a Hyper Teleport Rock or a guildie in the map to guild tp to).
  • ArcheryiArcheryi
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited February 2017
    It's all about timing unfortunately. The best advice I can give is to let the Chunin (redheaded mob) shoot you off the rope, hold Left as you fall to land on the platform, and use the split-second of invincibility to hop forward. When you get to the second dude, wait for him to ready his star and jump off the edge; the extra force of bumping him will throw you into the rope.