[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Maple VVorld Record Event Rewards

Comments

  • PharrettPharrett
    Reactions: 910
    Posts: 42
    Member
    edited March 20
    Ayyyy good on ya, someone tell dor
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 14,430
    Posts: 332
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited March 20
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    @Arwoo Doesn't that mean that there were in fact records of "runner ups" if you were able to verify previous record holders? Was this information not accessible for records where cheaters ultimately got disqualified?

    What we have are records of players and the exact moment when they acquired the record.

    However, say a certain record category was being held by an illegitimate player.
    Because the illegitimate player's record could not be surpassed, there would be no record of who placed below them.

    While the player who had previously held the record before the illegitimate player could technically be the runner up, there could have been the possibility of their record having been beat, but not logged. This is due to landing between the previous record holder's record and the illegitimate player's record.

    Thankfully though, this information was enough to allow us to see which players actually held the record before the cutoff date.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,735
    Posts: 337
    Member
    edited March 20
    Arwoo wrote: »
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    @Arwoo Doesn't that mean that there were in fact records of "runner ups" if you were able to verify previous record holders? Was this information not accessible for records where cheaters ultimately got disqualified?

    What we have are records of players and the exact moment when they acquired the record.

    However, say a certain record category was being held by an illegitimate player.
    Because the illegitimate player's record could not be surpassed, there would be no record of who placed below them.

    While the player who had previously held the record before the illegitimate player could technically be the runner up, there could have been the possibility of their record having been beat, but not logged due to landing between the previous record holder's record and the illegitimate player's record.

    Thankfully, this information allowed us to see which players actually held the record before the cutoff date.
    ^

    Can someone explain that to me like I'm 5?
  • PharrettPharrett
    Reactions: 910
    Posts: 42
    Member
    edited March 20
    @forumsareannoying
    So suppose we have PLAYER A - who held the record for most damage taken at 1,000,000 damage taken. (a record that could be easily beaten)
    and we have PLAYER B - who has secretly beaten PLAYER A's record with 999,999,999 damage taken, but is waiting for the last day of the event to claim it.
    and NOW there is HACKER C - who took the record with 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 damage taken on the second day, stopping any other player from beating his record.

    So because of this hacker, PLAYER B was unable to claim the record even though he had easily beaten PLAYER A, this means that PLAYER A is technically the runner up by nexon's records, but really PLAYER B deserves it.

    Nexon has no record of PLAYER B having beaten the record, but they know PLAYER A had it before HACKER C. So they can't give out the reward because they can't be sure PLAYER A really won.

    HOWEVER, lets say PLAYER D held the record of Laziest Traveler after the event ended, and had technically won (had the title over his head and everything)
    but due to Nexon being nexon, PLAYER E was able to keep the UI open after event was supposed to be over, waited until he had beaten PLAYER D's time, then proceeded to steal said record.

    Nexon has time stamped information of when each record was claimed, and can see that PLAYER E took the record after the event was over, and they can also see that PLAYER D held the record when the event technically ended.

    So they can be confident that PLAYER D deserves the reward, and hand it out.

    Make sense?
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 2,720
    Posts: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 20
    TLDR: in the future the event would have to let you register even if it wouldn't put you in first place in order to have full records.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,620
    Posts: 337
    Member
    edited March 20
    Arwoo wrote: »
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    @Arwoo Doesn't that mean that there were in fact records of "runner ups" if you were able to verify previous record holders? Was this information not accessible for records where cheaters ultimately got disqualified?

    What we have are records of players and the exact moment when they acquired the record.

    However, say a certain record category was being held by an illegitimate player.
    Because the illegitimate player's record could not be surpassed, there would be no record of who placed below them.

    While the player who had previously held the record before the illegitimate player could technically be the runner up, there could have been the possibility of their record having been beat, but not logged. This is due to landing between the previous record holder's record and the illegitimate player's record.

    Thankfully though, this information was enough to allow us to see which players actually held the record before the cutoff date.


    @Arwoo Never make such event again, thanks.

    That was so obviously when you added this event that cheaters (hackers/bots/exploiters) gonna get those rewards, so why you guys never took that in consideration on how to prevent them from doing so and how to pass the record to legit players?

    It feels like you guys not aware to the amount of cheaters in this game (which is super huge), high % from every channel population are bots who farming mesos.
    And there is always at first page here in general forum or in other forums discussions about this.. like this one:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11089/how-active-are-your-gms-on-your-server/p1

    In our server, someone who used 600,000+ mount coupons (?!?!?!?) got the rewards.
    Tuba
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 2,720
    Posts: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 20
    Incoming non-answer on the rampant cheating problem.
  • PharrettPharrett
    Reactions: 910
    Posts: 42
    Member
    edited March 20
    July wrote: »


    @Arwoo Never make such event again, thanks.

    That was so obviously when you added this event that cheaters (hackers/bots/exploiters) gonna get those rewards, so why you guys never took that in consideration on how to prevent them from doing so and how to pass the record to legit players?

    It feels like you guys not aware to the amount of cheaters in this game (which is super huge), high % from every channel population are bots who farming mesos.
    And there is always at first page here in general forum or in other forums discussions about this.. like this one:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11089/how-active-are-your-gms-on-your-server/p1

    In our server, someone who used 600,000+ mount coupons (?!?!?!?) got the rewards.

    lol the mounts are legit, anyone and everyone who went for mount record used the capes or eye accessories that gave mounts when you equip them, and take away the mount when you unequip them. So all you did was keep equipping and unequipping the item and your mount record went up. Second place in Broni was 255,771 or something around there. The person who got 666,607 just did it more. They also used 2 equips that gave mounts and just swapped them so they were able to get the count up faster.
  • AK712AK712
    Reactions: 1,130
    Posts: 71
    Member
    edited March 20
    I have a partial solution.

    By my current count, there were at least 10 streamers on Twitch who were streaming the last day of the event (February 7th). Far more would have been streaming during the event itself. Using these streams, we can piece together who won which category, at least in some of the servers. It's not a full solution, but we can find more than enough evidence in these streams to at least get prizes to a few runners-up who got kicked out by hackers.
  • AlexFAlexF
    Reactions: 6,305
    Posts: 1,491
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 20
    AK712 wrote: »
    I have a partial solution.

    By my current count, there were at least 10 streamers on Twitch who were streaming the last day of the event (February 7th). Far more would have been streaming during the event itself. Using these streams, we can piece together who won which category, at least in some of the servers. It's not a full solution, but we can find more than enough evidence in these streams to at least get prizes to a few runners-up who got kicked out by hackers.

    That fact that you think they would do this much leg work... is hilarious.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,550
    Posts: 199
    Member
    edited March 20
    Well people was told they were stupid for thinking we'd a good CM after Hime... Then we got KThnxBaiNao.
    Lets hold out hope
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,735
    Posts: 337
    Member
    edited March 21
    Well, this was a sheety event with sheety results and a sheety explanation as to why things happened the way they did. I hope we NEVER get this event again. It started off wrong and ended wrong. So no point in releasing it in the future. And don't any one dare say that Nexon will have it fixed by next time because that is a dam lie. They still haven't fixed the 2x lag or DRPQ
  • PharrettPharrett
    Reactions: 910
    Posts: 42
    Member
    edited March 21
    @forumsareannoying
    i loved this event and won 300k MP i think it was one of the best events ever, but i agree it should never return, i dont want to see anyone else with this chair lol
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,620
    Posts: 337
    Member
    edited March 21
    Pharrett wrote: »
    July wrote: »


    @Arwoo Never make such event again, thanks.

    That was so obviously when you added this event that cheaters (hackers/bots/exploiters) gonna get those rewards, so why you guys never took that in consideration on how to prevent them from doing so and how to pass the record to legit players?

    It feels like you guys not aware to the amount of cheaters in this game (which is super huge), high % from every channel population are bots who farming mesos.
    And there is always at first page here in general forum or in other forums discussions about this.. like this one:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11089/how-active-are-your-gms-on-your-server/p1

    In our server, someone who used 600,000+ mount coupons (?!?!?!?) got the rewards.

    lol the mounts are legit, anyone and everyone who went for mount record used the capes or eye accessories that gave mounts when you equip them, and take away the mount when you unequip them. So all you did was keep equipping and unequipping the item and your mount record went up. Second place in Broni was 255,771 or something around there. The person who got 666,607 just did it more. They also used 2 equips that gave mounts and just swapped them so they were able to get the count up faster.

    that not what nexon planned when they added this event, i won't consider those items as "Coupons", its taking advantage from a mistake to win.. exploit.

    "The World's record of using the most Mount Coupons"

    if that was mounts without the coupons in the end of the sentence those items would be legit.

    and what about those who used 100,000+ damage skin coupons? i guess another exploit.
  • PharrettPharrett
    Reactions: 910
    Posts: 42
    Member
    edited March 21
    July wrote: »

    "The World's record of using the most Mount Coupons"

    if that was mounts without the coupons in the end of the sentence those items would be legit.

    and what about those who used 100,00+ damage skins? i guess another exploit.

    Sure you can call it an exploit, but it was the only way to win the record, and everyone would have had to do it to win, so you shouldn't be shocked about the numbers or expect punishment for the winners.. For the damage skin there was an old damage skin from Princess No prequest that is permanent, which means you can use it over and over again, just like the permanent pink bean transformation potion. So the person who got 1million damage skins just held the button down with the damage skin on it.

    I wouldn't really consider these like exploit exploits, its not the same as abusing the cube coupon exploits in December where you die before using the coupon and then it doesn't actually get used, so you could get infinite cubes.


    Seems like any smart method people come up with to do better then everyone else gets called an exploit now days.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 4,540
    Posts: 901
    Nexon
    edited March 21
    Pharrett wrote: »
    @forumsareannoying
    i loved this event and won 300k MP i think it was one of the best events ever, but i agree it should never return, i dont want to see anyone else with this chair lol

    i wouldn't mind if they brought it back but with a new chair and new medal, like season 2 versions of it.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 4,330
    Posts: 1,022
    Member
    edited March 21
    Well, this was a sheety event with sheety results and a sheety explanation as to why things happened the way they did. I hope we NEVER get this event again. It started off wrong and ended wrong. So no point in releasing it in the future. And don't any one dare say that Nexon will have it fixed by next time because that is a dam lie. They still haven't fixed the 2x lag or DRPQ
    I do not want to see this event either...it is unfortunately waaaay too geared towards hackers and so far with the results...gotten us screwed outta those 100k maple points :C
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 2,280
    Posts: 253
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 21
    The event could return with refinements based on feedback for this run. A lot of problems, but we know what should be done to make it better. Many records shouldn't exist, others need more protection, and more backup systems need to be in place. The overall event run-time should be shorter as well to prevent stagnation. Etc. The execution had some flaws, but I could see this going better if done "right" with a more limited scope.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,550
    Posts: 199
    Member
    edited March 21
    And some counter triggers like spamming amounts of something for the GMs to be investigate but not autoboot. And make it where the UI autocloses at the end.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,620
    Posts: 337
    Member
    edited March 22
    The event could return with refinements based on feedback for this run. A lot of problems, but we know what should be done to make it better. Many records shouldn't exist, others need more protection, and more backup systems need to be in place. The overall event run-time should be shorter as well to prevent stagnation. Etc. The execution had some flaws, but I could see this going better if done "right" with a more limited scope.

    yea do it again.. give more maple points to cheaters.. they the real mvp

    sad that until you guys do event that reward maple points most of it goes to cheaters (or not distributed).