[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Suggestions for Royal Hairs/Faces & Perm NX Covers

Comments

• EuphoriiaEuphoriia
    Reactions: 790
    edited August 2017
    OMG!! my suggestions made it into the female royals this update ;w; ahh I'm so happy I've been wanting unibraid for awhile

VenusVSInvulgo
  • BluejeansBluejeans
    Reactions: 2,130
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Totally disappointed as well regarding the lack of suggested styles being put into rotation.

Also, what about the Last Chance sale??????????? None of the items in the current sale have been suggested????? Please don't overlook the perm NX cover suggestions.

And the Stamp Shop? It was stated it was going to be updated more frequently, yet it's been more than a month since it was updated. Please Nexon.
    krsk
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    krsk wrote: »

I am totally stunned by the fact that you actually like the hairs. You are now the first and only person I have heard say such. On my server last night, there were so many people raging about how utterly hideous all the male hairs were (which personally i agree on). My question now is, how many tickets did you purchase to obtain the current styles? The reason i ask this is for context. If you liked these hairs and then purchased tickets enough to get all the ones you deem nice, then I would have to reevaluate my stance and accept that even what most would consider horrifically ugly has a place here. But if you purchased 0 tickets then that would show that these hairs really have no place if no one is purchasing tickets to obtain them.

Right now? Zero. But that's because I'm broke. I plan to get 5 hairstyle coupons later tho. It usually takes me that many.
    I thought this rotation was nice since it had interesting styles, but I understand the rage since these styles aren't really popular or suggestions.
    Though that might be because it was made before they got the suggestion and they couldn't change it in time? I dunno...
    What does a good male rotation look like?

I mostly asked this cuz I thought maybe if the person who updates the rotations was given an idea of what players considered good, then future updates would be better made for everyone. 3_3 Like how I dislike most rotation on both male and female because they don't release new styles in pairs like other regions do.
    Maybe they could try new formats on how they update stuff. Sorry if I made it seem like this rotation is super okay and perfect.
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited August 2017
    WHY IS DAMIEN FACE IN THE FEMALE SECTION?! and stop giving us bad hair!
    VenusVSkrsk
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    Mathematically, the hairstyles are usually indirectly related to the popular styles that are trending.
  • VenusVSVenusVS
    Reactions: 3,725
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017

Euphoriia wrote: »
    OMG!! my suggestions made it into the female royals this update ;w; ahh I'm so happy I've been wanting unibraid for awhile

Yay!!!! I'm so happy too!!!!! I've always wanted unibraid hair style!!! It's sooo CUTE!!!! When I get home time to buy royal hair coupons for 3 of my female characters. Hopefully get the hairstyle I want without spending tooo much. BTW why is Damien Face in female section???? And the Male hairstyles SUCK :-(
    Euphoriiakrsk
  • MattyMatty
    Reactions: 2,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Matty wrote: »
    this male hair rotation is seriously a joke

I didn't think it could get worse than last weeks but you guys blew it out of the water

First I'd say hairs can be divided into 3 categories:

One, the "good" ones. I know this is subjective but I'm going off popular appeal. An example would be last weeks Latte hair.

Two, the Oddballs. These are hairs like the Creampuff (the far right bowlcut-ish one) from this rotation. They're not good enough for most people to be happy with them, but they're so strange / niche you'll have a decent amount of people that regardless really like it.

And lastly, you have the straight up garbage. My vote would be for the green Dragon Layered hair on this rotation. These are ones like that hair with the bald patch you always dreaded to get from the Amoria hair quest.

Anyway, my point is that male hair rotations are nearly always comprised entirely of garbage and oddballs. Good hairs are more often than not left out (for god know's what reason...).

On the flip side, I'd say female rotations are primarily good hairs and oddballs. Basically every rotation I can look at theirs and say I'd be happy getting every single option.
    JettLuvsUVenusVS
  • krskkrsk
    Reactions: 2,980
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    this male hair rotation is seriously a joke

I didn't think it could get worse than last weeks but you guys blew it out of the water

First I'd say hairs can be divided into 3 categories:

One, the "good" ones. I know this is subjective but I'm going off popular appeal. An example would be last weeks Latte hair.

Two, the Oddballs. These are hairs like the Creampuff (the far right bowlcut-ish one) from this rotation. They're not good enough for most people to be happy with them, but they're so strange / niche you'll have a decent amount of people that regardless really like it.

And lastly, you have the straight up garbage. My vote would be for the green Dragon Layered hair on this rotation. These are ones like that hair with the bald patch you always dreaded to get from the Amoria hair quest.

Anyway, my point is that male hair rotations are nearly always comprised entirely of garbage and oddballs. Good hairs are more often than not left out (for god know's what reason...).

On the flip side, I'd say female rotations are primarily good hairs and oddballs. Basically every rotation I can look at theirs and say I'd be happy getting every single option.

I agree with everything you said, except that the female hairs have been good. I would say that there is usually at least 1-2 decent female hairs vs the 0 for males most of the time, but decent =/= good.
    edited August 2017
    The male hairstyles are becoming a bit feminine. No idea why (looks back to older suggestions) oh, thats it, the styles are becoming more gender neutral (still looking at older suggestions) guess things had to change.
    krsk
  • krskkrsk
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    The male hairstyles are becoming a bit feminine. No idea why (looks back to older suggestions) oh, thats it, the styles are becoming more gender neutral (still looking at older suggestions) guess things had to change.

and the female hairs are 50% straight up guy hairs. low key annoying tbh i picked a girl char because i wanted to look like a girl.
    VenusVSSinnered
    edited August 2017

and the female hairs are 50% straight up guy hairs. low key annoying tbh i picked a girl char because i wanted to look like a girl.

yeah but it became like this through popular demand, and it's safe to assume sales increased since what the popular suggestions asked for, were given. Ive had the same style of hair since maplehood watch, got lucky with the wolf tail, kitty hair and the rockstar one from maplehood, and 3 wolf tails on my phantom on reboot diff colors.
  • SinneredSinnered
    Reactions: 860
    edited August 2017
    Pretty sure these hairs haven't been introduced yet, so I'd love to see them.
    40adca1a5b6389fabed7baf7d1b800dc.png
    krskVenusVSEuphoriiaStarrySWolfHachuTimid
  • krskkrsk
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017

yeah but it became like this through popular demand, and it's safe to assume sales increased since what the popular suggestions asked for, were given. Ive had the same style of hair since maplehood watch, got lucky with the wolf tail, kitty hair and the rockstar one from maplehood, and 3 wolf tails on my phantom on reboot diff colors.

Actually i don't see anywhere in this thread where any females requested male hairs. I think you are mistaken. Additionally I doubt sales have increased. it seems more likely that whomever is in charge of the cash shop is just not doing their job.
    VenusVS
    edited August 2017

Actually i don't see anywhere in this thread where any females requested male hairs. I think you are mistaken. Additionally I doubt sales have increased. it seems more likely that whomever is in charge of the cash shop is just not doing their job.

Im referring to older threads where gender neutrality has been demanded in their items. which extends to hairs and faces. Maplestory styles have become stuff you see on tumblr.

Im not spending money on hair and faces, so I guess my opinion on this isnt relevant, unless Im not spending money because I dont like the options.
  • VenusVSVenusVS
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Please provide better pets!!!!!!! The pets you sell in cash shop are old, please give us Arcane pets or new pets like Korean maplestory!!!
  • BluejeansBluejeans
    Reactions: 2,130
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017

Im referring to older threads where gender neutrality has been demanded in their items. which extends to hairs and faces. Maplestory styles have become stuff you see on tumblr.

Im not spending money on hair and faces, so I guess my opinion on this isnt relevant, unless Im not spending money because I dont like the options.

You said it yourself. Gender neutral items have been requested. The difference between gender neutral hairstyles and clothes is that some NX clothes with gender locks aren't stereotypically male- or female-looking, meaning there is no reason to put a gender lock on those items. It's not like gender neutral item requests have been aimed at removing the gender lock on the speedos or the swimsuit.

Male hairstyles for females or vice versa on the other hand have not been requested, due to the fact that those are not unisex/gender neutral.

A female character with a gender neutral top/overall won't look like a male character, but a female character with a straight up male hairstyle will look somewhat masculine.
    krsk
    edited August 2017
    that still is an extension from the gender neutrality and nx covers. the arguments were girls dont have to look feminine, and males dont have to look masculine, there was a post about suggestions specifically for hairstyles, to break the gender norms and Nexon listened to those requests.

but it makes no difference to me, come monday I'll play less than I do now. Semester starts. Just wouldve wanted better hair options for guys when I was interested
  • krskkrsk
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    that still is an extension from the gender neutrality and nx covers. the arguments were girls dont have to look feminine, and males dont have to look masculine, there was a post about suggestions specifically for hairstyles, to break the gender norms and Nexon listened to those requests.

but it makes no difference to me, come monday I'll play less than I do now. Semester starts. Just wouldve wanted better hair options for guys when I was interested

I'm all for gender swapping hairs and faces within the right coupon. I like t play as a female as that is my gender IRL and how i prefer to play, so i utilize the gender swapping options on characters such as my mihile which is gender locked. That being said, I would prefer it to stay within a coupon like that. As we only get "new" styles (and i use the term new loosely) every 2 weeks, I would prefer the options given to my specific gender be for that gender. Otherwise sell two coupons, one for male styles one for female that can be used by either gender.

Additionally, tho somewhat off topic, if Nexon is going to blur gender lines then I feel Nexon should also be willing to allow for gay marriage and same gender crush rings. You can't really say hey gender neutrality is acceptable within this game, but same sex affection isn't ok.
  • krskkrsk
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    ALSO i'm STILL begging and pleading that these styles as well as NX return to the game

and ofc i'm still hoping for these hairs
    nzk22w.png

and this mermaid set
    cTyN7fq.jpg

StarrySWolfJettLuvsU
  • VenusVSVenusVS
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Can we please get this perm NX outfit called spring sheen set!! Also can we get these hairstyles!!!! PLEASE NEXON!!!! I want you to take my money!!!!!

IMG_1992.png
    IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1994.png
    IMG_1995.png
    upload your pic
    krskStarrySWolfJettLuvsU
This discussion has been closed.