[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon wtf m8

StellarDemonStellarDemon
Reactions: 1,270
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2017 in General Chat
Nexon continues to give males the crap end of royals every rotation. There are so many male players yet they keep putting in this garbage, like really. I don't want Luminous hair in my damn Royals. I want equality and new hair/faces just like the females. In KMS every new style that comes out has a male and female option yet only ever the female option comes out. Like sht, guys want to look good too, why are we being treated like garbage? New hairs = more money made, but I guess you can be trash for more weeks to come.
  1. Equality?18 votes
    1. Nexon should release new male hair/faces updated with the female releases (there's M & F versions)
       78% (14 votes)
    2. Keep bringing that inequality.
       22% (4 votes)

Comments

• ColorcipherColorcipher
    Reactions: 1,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Word.
  • StellarDemonStellarDemon
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Deathmobs wrote: »
    I hate to break this to you, but traditionally, in video games, female characters have always had WAY better selection of... everything.

but new selection almost every rotation? Guys havent gotten anything since like november
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited February 2017
    and ...did nexon just start to put exp hair styles in royal hair coupon?
    TubaKlara
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I hate to break this to you, but traditionally, in video games, female characters have always had WAY better selection of... everything.
    You were just proven wrong in regards to this game before you even posted. Pay attention.
  • emperor52emperor52
    Reactions: 1,940
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Yeah, it's getting pretty annoying. I contacted support and they gave me the generic response about forwarding it to the game masters. They also suggested I start a thread listing what I would like to see so I started one over here: forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10598/what-royal-hairs-and-faces-would-you-like-to-see#latest

Hopefully it makes a difference...
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I want this new male one
    tTZ4ZOU.jpg
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I want this new male one
    tTZ4ZOU.jpg

Ouu, that one is nice.

Too bad nexon will never give it to us
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited February 2017
    this is a sexist world.
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited February 2017
    They made sure that the "free" coupons we get from events are in the worst rotations.

Well played Nexon, it's too bad you aren't hiding your intentions. ;-;
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    MomTeresa wrote: »
    this is a sexist world.

lolno, just an incompetent one
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited February 2017
    Really? I find the male hairs a lot better
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    MomTeresa wrote: »
    this is a sexist world.

Well, it's driven largely by money. Females are the largest demographic of consumers, to the point of dwarfing men into obscurity. Even though at this point men and women are paid basically the same (within 1% factoring in all variables, including job type, education, time off, sick leave, family leave, etc), the majority of all consumer money is spent primarily on women. So women normally get a better selection... of everything.

Basically, women have privilege, but on the flip side, men have power. So it's sexist but technically on both sides (at the moment).

There are sometimes fun ways around such "locks" though. For example, a lot of console games, like Dragon Quest 9, have codes you can use to break the gender/class locks, which is nice because the majority of the gendered outfits are female only in that game.

I have no idea from where you are taking your information, but most would consider this to be impulse shopping. When you look at impulse shopping, men and women spend about the same. To say that women have privilege and men have power is factually incorrect when you're looking at impulse shopping. I've included the definition below:
    "An impulse purchase or impulse buying is an unplanned decision to buy a product or service, made just before a purchase."
    Simply put, since we don't know the sale - we can't plan for it, hence its impulse shopping.

Now to address the nx looks, It's most likely because the person who select the royal selection either;
    1) Is a lady, and favors the Royals for that gender
    2) Play a female character, so again favors the character.

We have no CM to pass along the requests that we make for Royals, sadly users have no input right now.

I would be open to the idea that its RNG and the system generates random styles - but I'm not sure if Nexon has ever said much on this.

Not sure I agree with you about it being impulse shopping.

Suppose I go to the mall with the intention of buying new shoes. I don't have a specific brand or model in mind. I shop around and eventually buy a pair of shoes and also a cool T-shirt that I saw in a shop window. The T-shirt is obviously an impulse buy because I was not planning to get any. But are the shoes an impulse buy, just because I did not know ahead of time which shoes I'm going for? Or is it a planned purchase because I knew I wanted shoes and was looking at shoe displays with intent to buy?

The people who open the Cash Shop Specials notice and head straight for the Royals list are exactly the same as me going to the mall to look for shoes. They know they want a new hairstyle, they have been planning to get a new hairstyle, they just don't know yet which style it will be (if any). It's not impulse at all, in my book. Impulse buyers are those who were looking for something else entirely and their eye got caught by an awesome new hairstyle in the notice.

Anyway, even if the person at Nexon who makes the lists is female or plays female chars, it makes no sense for them to intentionally put ugly styles for males. They, or the company, gains nothing from it (and as for the theory that the ugly styles correspond to the availability of free coupons - why not for females too, then?).
    I have to assume that either the selection generator is totally random and it's just the art department who made more ugly male styles than female, or it's not random but the Nexon employee just has odd taste or simply no clue what people like.
    There is also the possibility that the people complaining on the forums are a minority, and most maplers/henehoes like those styles and pay for them, which is why Nexon puts them in the rotation.
  • mon0mon0
    Reactions: 780
    edited February 2017
    Koreans have bad taste in hair styles that's the problem they're wanna look like little girls or emos.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    mon0 wrote: »
    Koreans have bad taste in hair styles that's the problem they're wanna look like little girls or emos.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I'd respond to the guy above, but it's easier to just post this...

Wage_Gap_03.jpg

Of course it's plainly obvious whenever you go the store. You look at the selection of, say, bathroom products for women vs bathroom products for men and it's very easy to see just how staggering the differences in selection are. Or clothing! That's a real big one!

And even in circles that were originally "guy only" like hardware stores, have become much more inclusive towards women in recent years.

Women are the dominant shoppers, that is an irrefutable fact, at least in American society. To the point where the female "shop-a-holic" trope/stereotype has become deeply ingrained into our society.

if you're aiming for accuracy it might be a good idea not to use an image titled "wage gap"
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    still waiting for new royals :(