[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I miss the 2 exp & drop weekends :c

NyvorNyvor
Reactions: 1,720
edited February 2017 in General Chat
Title is the topic.
I know many of us are getting connectivity problems. But at least for me, it improved on last 2 weeks. A month ago, was like unplayable, but now is getting better and I hope it still do til we can just log normally as some time ago. Just telling you, that I miss them, being with this, 3 weekend without and before this, we got this event almost every weekend for a long time.

Comments

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Saaaame. At least for me, in GRAZED, I didn't lag too badly during the 2x weekends ~3 weeks after fifth job came out. Nexon spoiled us with so many 2x events so I feel like I'm wasting my time if I grind without it lol. Hoping we get one next week so I can buy the 2x cards from rewards shop before the end of the month.

(also lol RuneScape's biannual bxp weekend is this week.)

• BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited February 2017
    I miss the day before the recent times with 2x events. I do NOT miss the disgusting lag that came from an overpopulated Reboot with all the endless casuals logging in at the same time to try and cheapskate their way up a few %, disrupting the real players of the game.

Yeah I just said that.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2017
    ...I miss them slightly, Not much though...cuz I play in Reboot so the lag is bad.
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited February 2017
    no 2x = fewer ppl playing = less lag

sad equation
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    MomTeresa wrote: »

sad equation

actually 2x exp starting up caused the lag not the people.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    edited February 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »

sad equation

@bumbertyr - I sincerely want to know what you know about that, with the why and how the "starting up" is the root of the 2x lag issue. I was always under the impression that it was due to too much player activity at once overloading their server capability.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited February 2017
    I am looking forward to the next 2x event now! I don't know when next time is, but when we have 2x event "all the time" it's like "oh 2x again, hmm what do?". Now it's more like "oooo when is 2x? I am totally gonna plan it next time and power level a mule for fun. I am going to stock up on healthy and unhealthy snacks and just stay at home and MapleStory all day.

In my opinion 2x events are only fun when the stability of the game is good. I am glad we haven't had 2x events on top of the issues lately.

JettLuvsUPrizkilla
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited February 2017
    Invulgo wrote: »
    I am looking forward to the next 2x event now! I don't know when next time is, but when we have 2x event "all the time" it's like "oh 2x again, hmm what do?". Now it's more like "oooo when is 2x? I am totally gonna plan it next time and power level a mule for fun. I am going to stock up on healthy and unhealthy snacks and just stay at home and MapleStory all day.

In my opinion 2x events are only fun when the stability of the game is good. I am glad we haven't had 2x events on top of the issues lately.

I completely agree, in the last set of x2 weekends - my friends and I did 232 > 240. I feel obligated to train my main when there an x2 event, so it's nice to be able to take a break from grinding.

Also, I hope we see some improvements before the next x2, it ruins the fun for everyone when all you see is "xxx has logged in" every 2 minutes... dcing fest.

Unless its where people just can't log in so you only see three people online in your entire guild alliance and 1 in your buddy list...so you train all on your own cuz its empty.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited February 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Invulgo wrote: »

I completely agree, in the last set of x2 weekends - my friends and I did 232 > 240. I feel obligated to train my main when there an x2 event, so it's nice to be able to take a break from grinding.

Also, I hope we see some improvements before the next x2, it ruins the fun for everyone when all you see is "xxx has logged in" every 2 minutes... dcing fest.

Unless its where people just can't log in so you only see three people online in your entire guild alliance and 1 in your buddy list...so you train all on your own cuz its empty.

You must play reboot.. or have a smaller group.

But yeah, definitely agree that so improvements hopefully get made before the next x2

Indeed...I play Reboot...it kinda sucks when there was a time my entire party (except me) disconnected...and I was all alone for the remainder of 2x...
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited February 2017

sad equation

@bumbertyr - I sincerely want to know what you know about that, with the why and how the "starting up" is the root of the 2x lag issue. I was always under the impression that it was due to too much player activity at once overloading their server capability.

ask @Its2sharp4u he experienced it too. the moment 2x "turned on" the lag would practically double.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017

ask @Its2sharp4u he experienced it too. the moment 2x "turned on" the lag would practically double.

It's hard to prove it when 2x EXP/DROP hasn't happen anymore for the past 2 weekends and the fact everyone may not experience the same issues. But from memory when I was in the middle of killing mobs and the transitions from before 2x to after 2x gave me the results of "the moment 2x "turned on" the lag would practically double".
    JettLuvsUbumbertyr
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    edited February 2017
    It's hard to prove it when 2x EXP/DROP hasn't happen anymore for the past 2 weekends and the fact everyone may not experience the same issues. But from memory when I was in the middle of killing mobs and the transitions from before 2x to after 2x gave me the results of "the moment 2x "turned on" the lag would practically double".

That's cool, I just really wonder what exactly caused it before. I hope they are just holding off 2x because of seriously working on an effective fix for it. 2x events are fantastic, but only when they function properly.
  • mon0mon0
    Reactions: 780
    edited February 2017
    I honestly stopped playing because we stopped getting 2x events even when we had 2x events the game was so laggy. This game is a complete disappointment honestly their isn't a reason to play this game I mean all you do is...
    Do Dailies, Boss, Grind or AFK that's all people do in MapleStory.
    You gain nothing in this game other then wasting your life away on a company that runs the game like trash I mean its a complete joke how nexon hires these kids fresh out of college to be GM's and hardly any of them even know anything about the game.
  • NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited February 2017
    I never complained about 2exp & drop, i felt like unnecessary to tell how I just enjoy em everytime, would be some kind of repost hehe. Anyways, i hope it happens soon.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    2x events are fantastic, but only when they function properly.

couldn't agree more, 2x is always nice, cuts down on unneeded grinding time.
  • PrizkillaPrizkilla
    Reactions: 555
    edited February 2017
    Don't bring back 2x events until the servers are upgraded. It's been amazing grinding at weekend without this annoying 2x lag.