[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Recommended stolen skills for Phantom?

GeminiaGeminia
Reactions: 2,370
edited February 2017 in General Chat
I remade my Phantom recently and need to steal skills from Explorers but am not sure what are the best skills to get. Right now I'm 3rd job and have only stolen Magic Guard and La Mancha Spear and want to get Holy Symbol as soon as I can find a Bishop, but what else is good to have, even for when I get to 4th job?

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    FYI: I don't have a good background around Phantoms or which skills in general are better or best so I'm just pulling stuff from Google search, mostly /r/MapleStory.

You can choose between Crossbones (Buccaneer) or Final Cut (Dual Blade). Many recommend for those who have 50% buff duration to go for Final Cut. Crossbones is a weaker alternative but has no cooldown.

Showdown (Night Lord) is a good skill to increase drop rate.

I'm not sure why some people would recommend Rapid Fire (Corsair), Cannon Bazooka (Cannon Master), or Arrow Illusion (Marksman).

I wouldn't recommend Sharp Eyes or Speed Infusion since those are obtainable as 5th Job Nodes in Decent form.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    edited February 2017
    Oh, I won't be getting to 5th job on this character. Just remade it because my old Phantom was kinda weak and I don't mind remaking characters who aren't really high level. But I'll keep an eye out for those classes. I guess the ones you said are 4th job skills?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    Geminia wrote: »
    Oh, I won't be getting to 5th job on this character. Just remade it because my old Phantom was kinda weak and I don't mind remaking characters who aren't really high level. But I'll keep an eye out for those classes. I guess the ones you said are 4th job skills?

Yes, all the skills I listed are 4th Job Skills. The jobs are inside the brackets so you know who to steal from.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    I had a buddy in-game steal Chain Lightning from my I/L mage because he commented it was one of the best skills for mobbing. I don't know if it's the ideal skill, though.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    edited February 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    I had a buddy in-game steal Chain Lightning from my I/L mage because he commented it was one of the best skills for mobbing. I don't know if it's the ideal skill, though.

I had Cannon Bazooka on my old Phantom because of its range, power, and mobbing ability, and it isn't held back by the Cannon's Slow speed since Canes are Fast.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited February 2017
    Phantoms who don't steal the steal skill from Bandits are only amateur thieves at best.
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited February 2017
    whatever skill build i need, i end up going back to ayumilove:

http://ayumilove.net/maplestory-phantom-skill-build-guide/
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited February 2017
    I am currently running
    1. Haste (there seems to be nothing good for 1st job...)
    2. Rage
    3. Cross Surge
    4. Recless Hunt: Bow (3rd job skill)
    5. Bleed Dart (would use Inferno Aura but it's hard to find an f/p in Luna)

Might be sub-optimal but works for me.
  • HiCreationHiCreation
    Reactions: 310
    edited February 2017
    1 haste/DS(Hmag)
    2 rage
    3 HS(training)/Cross surge
    4 bazooka or showdown(recommended for more exp) for training/FC(bossing)
    5 bullseye shot/inferno aura/ sacrosanity
    Invulgo
  • TalestoryTalestory
    Reactions: 830
    edited February 2018
    I'd recommend this:

1. Haste / DarkSight (Hmag)
    2. Rage / Hyperbody (survival)
    3. HS (grinding) / Cross Surge (more dmg to one shot, if necessary)
    4. Cannon Bazooka (Range; when you can one/two shot without cross surge) / Sharpeyes (to maximize Crit)
    5. Inferno Aura (hardest part is to find a Fire/Poison archmage) / Sacrosanctity (Paladin for bossing)

this is what i use for training:

1. Haste
    2. Rage
    3. HS
    4. Cross Surge (from 3rd)
    5. Inferno Aura

If you can Bazooka one shot without cross surge, you can change Cross Surge to Bazooka.

Choosing to Bazooka or to Mille Aiguilles is really depending on your capability to one-shot, and the terrain of a map.

This discussion has been closed.