[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Some bosses freeze after a few seconds/minutes

EternityMaxEternityMax
Reactions: 1,120
edited February 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Functionality, I guess...?

Brief bug summary:
There are some bosses that, every once in a while, freeze about 1 or 2 minutes into the battle. They just suddenly start walking in place as if they're lagging, and basically, this means an auto win. It may sound fun to most of you but I actually like good, epic boss battles, so it kinda bothers me. Bosses it happened with so far: Hard Hilla, Chaos Von Bon, Chaos Crimson Queen, Hard & Hell Gollux, and Hard Magnus.

More details:
This has never happened to me when I solo'd the bosses; I always had at least 1 more person with me. All of them said that they're never encountered this bug before. Also, one time when I was duo'ing Chaos Von Bon with a friend, I left the map after a while (Von Bon was still alive), and then my friend said he started moving again. So, apparently my character is somehow the cause of the bug? -.-"
I'd also like to mention that Hard Magnus' bug has two differences from the other bosses:
1. A few seconds after freezing, the meteors start falling like crazy, killing everyone and kicking them out of the battle.
2. I've heard that many people encountered the bug with Magnus, not just me.

Steps to reproduce:
No idea. I get into a battle with one of the bosses mentioned above, and sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

Character name:
EternityMax

Character level:

Character job:
Fire/Poison Archmage

World name:
Reboot

Date and time of the incident:
First time it happened was around December 2016 or so. (That's when I actually first started taking on difficult bosses with 1 or more people)

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    This usually depends on the connection of other players within parties.

The reason why is that when a monster aggro's onto a player it becomes dependent on their connection to react.

If there's any sort of delay from the player the boss can potentially freeze into place any if there is any anti-hack functions (Magnus, Lotus) it can cost you your run for triggering it.

To support this, I've bossed with several other people before. Those who had bad connection successfully froze the boss in-place as a party while others who had a stable connection had the boss moving as normal.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited February 2017
    Just a suggestion (not sure if it will work).
    Try restarting your computer or do a full shutdown of your computer (google window # full shut down) before you fight those boss in a party.