[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple won't load after clicking PLAY on launcher

xxMikadoxxMikado
Reactions: 200
edited October 2016 in Tech Support
Hello! my ingame name is xxMikado and I played MapleStory for 1 day and it worked perfectly fine, the next day when I click PLAY the nexon launcher closes and MapleStory never opens, I have Windows 10 can you guys please help me?

Comments

• ChessMazeChessMaze
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    Having the same problem, Did you find the solution ?
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2016
    turn off your firewall and antivirus
    i kno it sucks but to play you often you need to add to maple to your whitelist or disable antivirus altogether
  • xxMikadoxxMikado
    edited October 2016
    I already turned off my firewall but it's still the same... When I click play the launcher closes but it says I'm ingame but maple doesn't load, 2 minutes later the play button on the launcher appears again but I'm not in-game
    edited October 2016
    sound to me like its ur antivirus then
    try turning it off
    i know it sucks to be unsecure while playing but if its what you gotta do to play right?
    if you dont wanna try that try running the launcher as admin
  • xxMikadoxxMikado
    edited October 2016
    alright ill try that
  • xxMikadoxxMikado
    edited October 2016
    I turned off my firewall and my antivirus, runned the launcher as admin but the problem is still the same..
    edited October 2016
    does it end with any errors?
    like you have been disconnected from the server or anything?
    if not try
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/49/troubleshooting-using-msconfig#latest
    if that dont work just reinstall personally i would of just reinstalled LOL
  • AustrayliaAustraylia
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2017
    hey did you find the solution by any chance, im having the same problem but ive re-installed the game twice
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    It happens to me, but when i press play again after and the other pop up about allowing access to the game, it works. just keep pressing play, itlll work.
  • ExcellDemonExcellDemon
    edited August 2017
    This **** ain't working who ever the **** genius who created this stupid nexon launcher should get fired been a lot people with problems and still can a solution
  • CrudeArtistCrudeArtist
    For anyone with this problem in the future, I fixed it by going to settings in the Nexon launcher, game configure and then repair installation. It took only a minute or so for it to install a small amount, then it started working.

Before I figured it out, I tried to do this after already clicking play, it won’t work this way, it will show a message about already downloading. You need to end both maplestory and the launcher in task management and open the launcher again so that the button is back to being orange.

I hope this works for everyone else having this issue, although it’s too late for this guy lol.
  • SKknightSKknight
    Reactions: 210
    ^^ I tried to do what you said but I could not get on to maplestory
    TheBestJess