[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Inactive IGNs

MrsCuteMrsCute
Reactions: 790
edited October 2016 in Rants and Raves
*sigh*
I kinda find it ridiculous that you can't take IGNs that are clearly inactive (don't appear in the rankings).
Before they released the name change coupon, shouldn't they have at least purged the IGNs that were inactive beforehand? There are at least 3 IGNs that I wanted to try and get, all of which are inactive and not on the rankings, yet aren't available because some person decided to hog the IGN and stop playing, potentially making it unavailable for a really long time.

Comments

• UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited October 2016
    Didn't they just purge IGNs last year?
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    If the IGN doesn't appear on rankings, the character could possibly be an adventurer under lvl 10 since those don't appear. It's also possible that the person was banned.

The biggest problem I would say are the IGN bots and hoarders - they snatch IGNs just to sell them or make it so nobody could use them.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

If the IGN doesn't appear on rankings, the character could possibly be an adventurer under lvl 10 since those don't appear. It's also possible that the person was banned.

The biggest problem I would say are the IGN bots and hoarders - they snatch IGNs just to sell them or make it so nobody could use them.
    yep this is one of the biggest issue yet nexon doesn't figure out a way to stop botters.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

Didn't they just purge IGNs last year?
    Yes, but only if the account had had no activity on it in the past three years prior to that.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    they did purge igns, but they should continue purging igns! 1 way to make a percentage happy. and ban the bots that jack names.