[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Golden Hammers can only be applied once per item

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in Bug Reporting
Original report http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=79792&p=1316315&viewfull=1#post1316315
It looks like with the new Golden Hammer (double clicking to use), we've inadvertently inherited KMS's one hammer per equip limit. It'll give you an error upon trying a second hammer, but they did remember to change the error so that it says two hammers have already been used, despite the fact that only one has.

Bug type: Item functionality

Brief bug summary: Golden Hammer, which adds an upgrade slot to a piece of equipment, can only be applied to an item once, when it should be twice.

More details: GMS has two hammer slots per equipment item. KMS only has one. v183 changed the hammer use interface, from having its own special window to using the same interface as other scrolls and upgrade items. However, the new interface only allows the use of a hammer once. The funny thing is that the error message that shows up when attempting to use the second hammer was changed to say that two hammers have already been used on the item...

Steps to reproduce:
1. Acquire a clean equipment item that has upgrade slots (and is not a Horntail or Chaos Horntail necklace).
2. Acquire two Golden Hammers
3. Use one Golden Hammer on the equipment. Observe that a slot has been added.
4. Attempt to use the second Golden Hammer on the equipment.
5. Observe the error message stating that two hammers have already been used on the item.

Comments

• ForumKousForumKous
    Reactions: 1,085
    edited March 2017
    Jup had the same issue :(
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Acquire a clean equipment item that has upgrade slots (and is not a Horntail or Chaos Horntail necklace).

Speaking of which, how are you supposed to add upgrade slots to Horntail Necklace and Chaos Horntail Necklace, now that Vicious Hammer has been removed from the Cash Shop?
  • ReallyUnluckyReallyUnlucky
    Reactions: 400
    edited March 2017
    Bug type: Error

Brief bug summary: When attempting to hammer an item for the second time a pop up will state that you have already hammered it twice. It is super strange because even the hammer number on the bottom of the item only says 1 hammer has been added. The math does not add up Nexon.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. tried hammering my badge once and it passed
    2. tried 2nd hammer and my badge got a pop up that said it has been hammered twice already (maxed)
    3. tried hammering my belt once and it failed
    4. tried hammering my belt for the second time and it got a pop up that said it has been hammered twice already (maxed)

Time and date for the most recent hammer
    03/03/17 @ around 2:30 pm PST

Character: Piggycookies
    server: windia
  • RawRaw
    Reactions: 515
    edited March 2017
    I began experiencing a problem after the changes made to Golden Hammer 50%'s, where after applying one, it tells you "2 upgrade increases have been used already." This is clearly not working as intended, as it says hammered once and won't let you max the slots. Just incase someone hasn't mentioned it, I didn't feel like sifting through a lot of forums. Thanks guys.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Raw wrote: »
    Just incase someone hasn't mentioned it, I didn't feel like sifting through a lot of forums. Thanks guys.

It was on the first page of the bug reports forum...merged.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited March 2017
    I can confirm this bug. Happens to me too with basically everything i tried to double hammer.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited March 2017
    nexon pls fix this in next scheduled maintenance.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Workaround
    To bypass this attempt to hammer any other item that can be hammered and bring up the interface. Then drag the item you wish to hammer a second time into the interface and voila.
    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5xfzcm/work_around_for_2nd_hammer_on_items/
    Shroomster
  • ShroomsterShroomster
    Reactions: 630
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for that link