[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

run time error

Comments

• EMS4EVERktnxbyeEMS4EVERktnxbye
    Reactions: 710
    edited March 2017
    Joeru wrote: »
    before anything, my english is bad...

ty nexon, y have the same error, before march i played good, but when the new client come all go to hell, when i try to run it i get the error of API-MS "bla bla bla" and then the other error, i tryed installing the new C++ Visual studio 2015 and did't work, idk what to do, ill wait for the oficial nexon answer, that how you lose player nexon

i understand man :( am geting angry aswell but its not that much nexon fault they trying best i hope next patch makes changessssss for sure 1000000000000% its patch fault
    as they were makeign some system changes for stability

• JoeruJoeru
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited March 2017
    Joeru wrote: »
    before anything, my english is bad...

ty nexon, y have the same error, before march i played good, but when the new client come all go to hell, when i try to run it i get the error of API-MS "bla bla bla" and then the other error, i tryed installing the new C++ Visual studio 2015 and did't work, idk what to do, ill wait for the oficial nexon answer, that how you lose player nexon

i understand man :( am geting angry aswell but its not that much nexon fault they trying best i hope next patch makes changessssss for sure 1000000000000% its patch fault
    as they were makeign some system changes for stability

i hope they fix it, i want to play :/ my Battle Mage is waiting for me
    DemonStar
  • DemonStarDemonStar
    Reactions: 600
    edited March 2017
    error error >:(
  • AcceptanceAcceptance
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited March 2017
    FluffyMoo wrote: »
    searching around while downloading (takes whileeeeeeee people around thinks am crazy because game its 9-10gb but other topic)
    i found this https://community.box.com/t5/Box-Sync/How-Do-I-Resolve-A-Microsoft-VC90-CRT-Setup-Error/ta-p/138
    i saw we need (Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64)) but i cant get as its only able for 64bit machine
    PiTfhjs.jpg

so my other question would be evryone on 32bit machine that gets this error or there is someone with 64bit ?

I fixed both my comps by downloading and installing the 2015 version.
    Laptop (windows 7) used vc_redist.x64.exe
    Desktop (windows XP) used vc_redist.x86.exe

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

good luck!

FIXED!! :) YAY!! I downloaded the 2015 x64 version( since I have 64 bit). Then installed and restarted my computer. I was able to launch maplestory through GameLauncher without any errors.. :D This was for my desktop. For laptop I havent tested it yet. And no, you do not need to delete the previous Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages. I still have all of mines ranging from 2005 to 2015.
  • OthidistOthidist
    Reactions: 685
    edited March 2017
    Hmmm. I'm having this problem now too. Well I wanted to play but I guess I can't.
  • JoeruJoeru
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited March 2017
    i have fixed this... this is the process

this method is for ppl whit W7, tested for me
    before of anything... my english is bad, sry for that

YOU MUST HAVE UPDATE ALL THE WINDOWS UPDATES PACKAGES, from the windows update...

then you have to install Windows 7 SP1 from the windows update

then download and install C++ Visual Studio 2015 64 bits o 86 bits check your system arquitecture

that is all, you need to make that updates, i fight for 2 days trying to make maple work, and i did it

Good luck
  • KruzynnKruzynn
    Reactions: 320
    edited March 2017
    i tried to download C++ vis studio 2015 64 bits but it takes forever to download.
    it says "processing" and the green bar is filled up indicating its done downloading. but it doesnt finish.
    Maplestory/nexon screwed players over. Cant play this game anymore.
  • FluffyMooFluffyMoo
    Reactions: 765
    edited March 2017
    Acceptance wrote: »
    FIXED!! :) YAY!! I downloaded the 2015 x64 version( since I have 64 bit). Then installed and restarted my computer. I was able to launch maplestory through GameLauncher without any errors.. :D This was for my desktop. For laptop I havent tested it yet. And no, you do not need to delete the previous Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages. I still have all of mines ranging from 2005 to 2015.

Glad it fixed it for you too! ;]
  • vleckvleck
    Reactions: 200
    edited May 2017
    I have tried all of these things and I cannot figure out what is wrong, followed every list of instruction to download the new Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 specific one and didn't work. Any recommendations?
  • SnepSnep
    Reactions: 440
    edited May 2017
    Best People,

[FIXED] I found out that you need the install the C++ Visual Studio 2015 64x it didnt worked for me. Why didn't it worked ? It was because i had windows on my main hard disk and maplestory on the second. Disc C with the windows had 22gb and D 400gb with the maplestory. MAPLESTORY CANT FIND C++ Visual Studio 2015 64 if you have maplestory on a second disk and windows the first disk. You need to change partitions to 1 big disk or cut paste maplestory to the first disk with windows.
    So to be clear if maplestory isn't on the main diskdrive with windows this C++ Visual Studio 2015 64 update wont work. not even another update will work. When i made from those 2 disk drives into 1 disk drive maplestory was on the main diskdrive with the windows. i updated this with C++ Visual Studio 2015 64 This tme when i updated it. Maple story did finally work !

I hope this will help other people out !

Regards,

Snep
  • ZlroyaleZlroyale
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2017
    I just had this error happen to me today when I updated and I tried all of the above and nothing worked for me. I ended up researching to see if I can just replace the missing .dll file and I came across this -->

https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/the-program-cant-start-because-api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll-is-missing-f2702.html

Under Cause click the link " KB2999226" and it'll take you to Microsoft's website where you can download this update as a stand alone. I installed it and Maplestory now works for me.

I hope this helps! :)

• ArtaleArtale
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2017
    Thank heavens for this thread. I had trouble for a good 30 min before googling and finding this. pretty happy i was able to skip the frustrating uninstalling and re-downloading.