[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

lagging when hitting multiple monsters

sapphi29sapphi29
Reactions: 1,225
edited March 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: I'm lagging very hard when I hit multiple monsters near my level. Also, my pet kitty literally glides behind me and when picking up items from afar. As if it's slippery like in El Nath in every Map.

Brief bug summary: No more smooth playing after the newest patch v183. + Messed up movement of pet!

More details: I have redownloaded the game and launcher twice, but it doesn't work.

Steps to reproduce:

I jump between monsters, attack with Skill ( Staggering Strikes, Wrath of Enlil, Spikes Royale) Lag heavy, take alot of hits
Character name: Conselicata

Character level: 177

Character job: Mercedes

World name: Luna

Date and time of the incident: 3-2-2017, 3-3-2017 and 3-4-2017 (m/d/y) 12:30 PM CET (no more 2x exp 2x drop event)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/936/quests-that-count-kills-cause-lag

As for the pet movement - the last patch made them move faster and further. I guess that makes the animation speed no longer match the movement speed.
  • sapphi29sapphi29
    edited March 2017
    really is that the problem? the auto quest? and when it's done, no more lag? might just wanna hang in to it then...

EDIT: nope, still experiencing the lag even when done doing the 999 monsters quest.
  • DominikoDominiko
    Reactions: 240
    edited March 2017
    Na you just accepted the hasty hunting quest that makes you lag... try to log to another account or character that you didnt accept... and see the difference.
  • sapphi29sapphi29
    edited March 2017
    shoot. Can't foreit it either? GG.. :(
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    It's because your doing a killing quest, but yeah they need to fix the lag when doing them. It never used to happen. It's been going on for long enough!
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited March 2017
    sapphi29 wrote: »
    really is that the problem? the auto quest? and when it's done, no more lag? might just wanna hang in to it then...

EDIT: nope, still experiencing the lag even when done doing the 999 monsters quest.

Do you have any other quests active? Hasty Hunting has multiple counters so you may have to finish that off every single day. Other quests can be affected too.

What about massive loot on the ground? That can also contribute to massive freezes.
    It's because your doing a killing quest, but yeah they need to fix the lag when doing them. It never used to happen. It's been going on for long enough!

I'm in agreement with you. I've been though hell itself getting things done such as Hasty Hunting and making Moon Bunny Rice Cakes at the same time.
  • YodaYoda
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited March 2017
    This lag is literally killing me :S