[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Breath of Divinity Ring

SavageAceSavageAce
Reactions: 2,325
Posts: 28
Administrator, Nexon
edited March 9 in Vault
Dear Maplers,

It came to our attention that players were able to obtain the Breath of Divinity ring from a Philosopher’s Book. This ring was not included in the list of available items from a Philosopher’s Book, due to issues with the ring’s functionality. The ring’s special skill was not working as intended, but actions to address the bug have been taken, and the fix was applied in today’s minor patch.

The fix was applied to all existing rings and players who have already acquired the ring will be permitted to keep the item. However, to closely monitor the ring for any other issues, we removed it from the Philosopher’s Book reward list.

We will continue to monitor player feedback and plan to release the ring again at a later date.

Thank you,
MegaScienceOneLetterIts2Sharp4UJulyMaplerOver9000pfislkdh

Comments

  • SadVirginSadVirgin
    Reactions: 2,076
    Posts: 200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 9
    It was listed among the rewards at first though, but was edited out of the post. I find it kinda silly to remove it halfway into the sale after you've already fixed the skill related to it.
    Xenon92
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 1,895
    Posts: 331
    Member
    edited March 9

    SavageAce wrote: »
    Dear Maplers,

    It came to our attention that players were able to obtain the Breath of Divinity ring from a Philosopher’s Book. This ring was not included in the list of available items from a Philosopher’s Book, due to issues with the ring’s functionality.

    This is bs. The ring was actually in the list then edit it out, scamming ass liars.

    but the again with such an op ToS, you guys can do anything you want.
    DoughYakudle
  • AcerBeastAcerBeast
    Reactions: 530
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited March 10
    This makes little sense. The ring was originally in the list b4 someone ninja edit it out and if it was not intended to be in the books, it shouldn't have been obtainable in the first place. If you fixed the skill than why would need to remove it from the rewards to monitor it (the only problem with the skill is not knowing the 2nd hp bar value)? Instead of keeping the ring in the book and benefiting philosopher book sales, your helping dupers make more profit.
    MaplerOver9000Ivangold
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,365
    Posts: 293
    Member
    edited March 10
    AcerBeast wrote: »
    This makes little sense. The ring was originally in the list b4 someone ninja edit it out and if it was not intended to be in the books, it shouldn't have been obtainable in the first place. If you fixed the skill than why would need to remove it from the rewards to monitor it (the only problem with the skill is not knowing the 2nd hp bar value)? Instead of keeping the ring in the book and benefiting philosopher book sales, your helping dupers make more profit.

    dupers will always make more profit. (take frenzy totem which in books as example)

    Ring not working 100% as intended at the moment, and some stuff is missing so..
    they removed it for a good reason, and i do understand why they don't want to sell a broken item.

    like they said, they monitor it and will try to fix it, and if everything goes well they will re-add it next time..

    MaplerOver9000
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 1,180
    Posts: 175
    Member
    edited March 11
    Then, there are people who are ready to trade a 15stars tyrant equip for that stupid broken ring... It happened to me lol. Last Friday, from second pack of 11 books, I got no boom AEE, LGR and this ring. I really had no idea what the skill was doing until a guild told me. But hey it's a complete pure cheat to have a 1min cooldown on Bishop Heaven Door. There is the idea of what kind of deal its possible to do. It's a guy who have 3-4 pure funded characters and loaded of NX in MYCKBN (or w/e it is, dont remember order) and is in Lethal.

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/154798791692648449/290016792846532608/unknown.png
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,365
    Posts: 293
    Member
    edited March 11
    thrakkes wrote: »
    Then, there are people who are ready to trade a 15stars tyrant equip for that stupid broken ring... It happened to me lol. Last Friday, from second pack of 11 books, I got no boom AEE, LGR and this ring. I really had no idea what the skill was doing until a guild told me. But hey it's a complete pure cheat to have a 1min cooldown on Bishop Heaven Door. There is the idea of what kind of deal its possible to do. It's a guy who have 3-4 pure funded characters and loaded of NX in MYCKBN (or w/e it is, dont remember order) and is in Lethal.

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/154798791692648449/290016792846532608/unknown.png

    Frenzy totem is a x2 exp&drop cheat.. and 6 months after its still in game.

    Breath of Divinity not giving Bishop Heaven Door, And 15 stars tyrant boots worth more.
  • RisingRainRisingRain
    Reactions: 340
    Posts: 18
    Member
    edited March 12
    July wrote: »
    thrakkes wrote: »
    Then, there are people who are ready to trade a 15stars tyrant equip for that stupid broken ring... It happened to me lol. Last Friday, from second pack of 11 books, I got no boom AEE, LGR and this ring. I really had no idea what the skill was doing until a guild told me. But hey it's a complete pure cheat to have a 1min cooldown on Bishop Heaven Door. There is the idea of what kind of deal its possible to do. It's a guy who have 3-4 pure funded characters and loaded of NX in MYCKBN (or w/e it is, dont remember order) and is in Lethal.

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/154798791692648449/290016792846532608/unknown.png

    Frenzy totem is a x2 exp&drop cheat.. and 6 months after its still in game.

    Breath of Divinity not giving Bishop Heaven Door, And 15 stars tyrant boots worth more.

    Frenzy Totem is the same thing as Kishin, except slightly better. Kanna's been in the game for years, and pre-nerf Kishin was better than Frenzy Totem.

    You're right, Breath of Divinity doesn't give Door. It's even better than Door because it saves you from any 1 attack when you use it, still regenerates its hidden HP shield afterward, and it has a 1 min CD.

  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,365
    Posts: 293
    Member
    edited March 12
    RisingRain wrote: »
    July wrote: »
    thrakkes wrote: »
    Then, there are people who are ready to trade a 15stars tyrant equip for that stupid broken ring... It happened to me lol. Last Friday, from second pack of 11 books, I got no boom AEE, LGR and this ring. I really had no idea what the skill was doing until a guild told me. But hey it's a complete pure cheat to have a 1min cooldown on Bishop Heaven Door. There is the idea of what kind of deal its possible to do. It's a guy who have 3-4 pure funded characters and loaded of NX in MYCKBN (or w/e it is, dont remember order) and is in Lethal.

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/154798791692648449/290016792846532608/unknown.png

    Frenzy totem is a x2 exp&drop cheat.. and 6 months after its still in game.

    Breath of Divinity not giving Bishop Heaven Door, And 15 stars tyrant boots worth more.

    Frenzy Totem is the same thing as Kishin, except slightly better. Kanna's been in the game for years, and pre-nerf Kishin was better than Frenzy Totem.

    You're right, Breath of Divinity doesn't give Door. It's even better than Door because it saves you from any 1 attack when you use it, still regenerates its hidden HP shield afterward, and it has a 1 min CD.


    Yea this skill give a slight advantage in bosses, while Frenzy Totem gives a huge advantage in leveling up and farming drops like nodes, symbols and event related stuff.

    Ofc those who don't have frenzy can look around for kanna, but also those who don't have this ring can look for a bishop.

    It's balanced p2w items.

    MaplerOver9000
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 1,180
    Posts: 175
    Member
    edited March 12
    Well, you understand what I mean about Door lol. Anyways on skill description on video, it mentions Immune knockback. But it looks like it doesnt do same thing as Hero hyper skill, Cry Valhalla, because I have seen Magnus pushing Santa when spinning. So I guess it's 100% Stance?

    The healing effect seems very nice on bosses with potion cooldown tbh.

    If you say 15star Tyrant Boots worth more, then why the guy was ready to trade one? o-0 It has legendary regular pot and unique bonus pot. He has like 3 chars, so he mains an Evan and Phantom, then he funded a DA. But I have seen him to say he quit DA. He is also loaded of NX.


    ***EDIT: Actually on my Hyper skill, it says Knockdown Immunity. So I guess i understand why lol.
    MaplerOver9000
  • AlexFAlexF
    Reactions: 5,640
    Posts: 1,291
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 13
    thrakkes wrote: »
    Well, you understand what I mean about Door lol. Anyways on skill description on video, it mentions Immune knockback. But it looks like it doesnt do same thing as Hero hyper skill, Cry Valhalla, because I have seen Magnus pushing Santa when spinning. So I guess it's 100% Stance?

    The healing effect seems very nice on bosses with potion cooldown tbh.

    If you say 15star Tyrant Boots worth more, then why the guy was ready to trade one? o-0 It has legendary regular pot and unique bonus pot. He has like 3 chars, so he mains an Evan and Phantom, then he funded a DA. But I have seen him to say he quit DA. He is also loaded of NX.


    ***EDIT: Actually on my Hyper skill, it says Knockdown Immunity. So I guess i understand why lol.

    He probably has multiple sets of 15*. I've had more than one piece of 15* tyrants myself.
    Comparing what's worth to one person, and not to another is very different.
    IMO, they have equal cost if the tyrants aren't legend legend with good pots.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 2,440
    Posts: 253
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 22
    Wow such a huge advantage.

  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,365
    Posts: 293
    Member
    edited March 22
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Wow such a huge advantage.


    Yea ring is broken.

    It have 2 buffs, first buff ('Dawn shield' 60 sec) have information in item description and second buff ('Divine Guardian' 30 sec) missing info about it in item description.
    The second skill should activate automatically when first buff ends, but for some reason its not working if your character moves and/or use skills, And if its not working it glitch the ring.

    That's why first buff works like intended when first use only (will work ok again only if you not move or use skills when 60 sec buff ends).

    going to cash shop or relog will fix it.
  • AlexFAlexF
    Reactions: 5,640
    Posts: 1,291
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 22
    July wrote: »
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Wow such a huge advantage.


    Yea ring is broken.

    It have 2 buffs, first buff ('Dawn shield' 60 sec) have information in item description and second buff ('Divine Guardian' 30 sec) missing info about it in item description.
    The second skill should activate automatically when first buff ends, but for some reason its not working if your character moves and/or use skills, And if its not working it glitch the ring.

    That's why first buff works like intended when first use only (will work ok again only if you not move or use skills when 60 sec buff ends).

    going to cash shop or relog will fix it.

    Its really annoying, I died in Lucid once yesterday because the ring didn't active when I needed it too.
    RiP my perfect run.