[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

how to fix maplestory?

crackmonstercrackmonster
Reactions: 210
edited March 2017 in Tech Support
ever since the last maintanence about a week ago ive been getting a run time error every time i try to open the client. i followed the instructions nexon gave but nothing seems to work and i know it's not my laptop because i was playing maplestory the day before the maintenance unless maplestory was made incompatible with windows vista with the maintenance.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Can you clarify what the error is so that was can try to help?

Run time errors are generally caused by a missing or corrupted Visual C++ Runtime library:
    https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/the-program-cant-start-because-api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll-is-missing-f2702.html

But if you're running Vista you might try running the game in compatibility mode just to be sure.
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/204742315-Why-won-t-MapleStory-run-on-my-Vista-computer-
  • crackmonstercrackmonster
    edited March 2017
    i tried all of that and nothing works. zCpwbU.jpg[img][/img]5uu6yj.jpgZCL0Q0.jpgBSHgII.jpg
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    i tried all of that and nothing works.

And repairing the installation via the Nexon Launcher or reinstalling the game manually didn't work either?
    Just to cover all the bases you might try a full shutdown and look for any available Windows updates.

Runtime errors tend to be annoying and personally I'm getting mixed responses regarding the specific file it say you're missing.
    edited March 2017
    originally the error said api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll but i tried everything you told me a long time ago and it still said the samething so yesterday i was trying to figure out how to fix via youtube and that's when it changed to api-ms-win-core-string-l1-1-0.dll
    edited March 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    i tried all of that and nothing works.

And repairing the installation via the Nexon Launcher or reinstalling the game manually didn't work either?
    Just to cover all the bases you might try a full shutdown and look for any available Windows updates.

Runtime errors tend to be annoying and personally I'm getting mixed responses regarding the specific file it say you're missing.

maplestory is working for me again thanks for the help. i had to update windows.
    Neospector