[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Thoughts on Disconnnection and Events...

ArchanIomharArchanIomhar
Reactions: 1,025
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So. Forgive me if my complaint seems a little misinformed, I've only been back here for a month. And I've been enjoying the Haste event going on. The damage skin for Week 2 looks awesome and I super want it! The requirement to do to obtain it... is to hunt 88,888 monsters by 3/14/2017. I'm sure this is pretty absurd on it's own, to the point where player character remarks that they find it absurd, but it's absolutely doable. I... think.

But... it's made pretty impossible with the constant disconnections. I'm 100% certain it's not a problem with my internet or router since it's consistently stable. I don't know what's causing the disconnections. All I know is that I log in, play for a few minutes, get to kill some monsters, and then... disconnect. After under 10 minutes of play. I go on less populated channels (world is Broa, North American server), accepted the lower quality for the sake of better performance... etc. I've done everything in my power to improve my gameplay experience except for writing my thoughts on here, in hopes that someone who can do more to fix the problems sees it.

Now. I'm not expecting an immediate solution. Things are buggy and sometimes things get all screwy. Thank you for all the attention y'all at Nexon give to make sure the game is still enjoyable, but right now, it's still rather frustrating. I would have been up for the challenge of 88,888 monsters within the next few days to get that awesome damage skin, but with this instability, disconnection after just a few minutes of hunting at a time, I'm a little sad to think I may never get to achieve that challenge. So, I guess what I'm trying to say, is if things will be unstable, maybe the challenges for these things could be curbed a little.

I know that posting a complaint or suggestion will not actually get me the item I want, but I'm just hoping that my feedback is heeded and that future challenges are a little more doable when the server is all... screwy. Thank you for reading.

Comments

• gvnalmanzagvnalmanza
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited March 2017
    I have fast speed internet and i used to lag untill i got a new better gaming laptop :o now I don't lag at all. SO its probably your laptop specs that srent good enough. However, its ridiculous that anyone lags at all on ANY computer for maplestory.