[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make Chaos Scrolls Visually Distinct

FennekinFennekin
Reactions: 2,941
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Holy crap, this has happened way too many times these past fever times. I try to use CoGs after getting a slot back. Instead I accidentally use the 100% REGULAR chaos scrolls from Hasty Hunting. I lose 3+ atk cuz the game hates me (I gain 6 MAGIC atk though, cuz the game REALLY hates me).

I just had a particularly bad case a few minutes ago. +5 atk from a CoG? YES! Let's try another one! ...Wait, I'm back to where I started? HNNNNNNGH.

You guys made the Potential Scrolls visually distinct, so I was hoping you could do the same for Chaos Scrolls... A bad Chaos Scroll is more disastrous than a wrong Potential Scroll since single rolls can't be reversed without innocence scrolls (as far as I'm aware - I know (think?) there's that one CS scroll that lets you choose, but nothing that can be used after the fact), whereas you don't lose much for using the wrong Potential Scroll now that none of them boom...

Comments

• OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I remember that someone once suggested to add visual distinctions to equip enhancement scrolls. Although unique potential scrolls look a lot like EE scrolls. Whoops.

Anyway, a simple way of implementing your suggestion is to make chaos scrolls that have the word "goodness" have an exclamation mark on their icon instead of a question mark and make chaos scrolls that have the word "incredible" or "miraculous" have their icon glow.

As for that one CS scroll, it's called Return Scroll, but it uses the same name as the consumables that warp you back to towns. Cash Shop's Return Scroll should be renamed to Rewind Scroll.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »
    I remember that someone once suggested to add visual distinctions to equip enhancement scrolls. Although unique potential scrolls look a lot like EE scrolls. Whoops.

Anyway, a simple way of implementing your suggestion is to make chaos scrolls that have the word "goodness" have an exclamation mark on their icon instead of a question mark and make chaos scrolls that have the word "incredible" or "miraculous" have their icon glow.

As for that one CS scroll, it's called Return Scroll, but it uses the same name as the consumables that warp you back to towns. Cash Shop's Return Scroll should be renamed to Rewind Scroll.

Or "undo" scroll.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited March 2017
    The chaos scroll should have a plus and minus.

Goodness should have plus only. Incredible would have 2 pluses and minuses.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I dunno, just changing the icon on the scroll might still be too subtle. I was sorta hoping they could get color-coded like the potential scrolls lol. Like, maybe not a unique color for each %, but just make all (i)CoGs one color, and all chaos scrolls that can reduce stats a second color.
  • NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    They could just remove this useless scroll from event rewards, less work, less pain