[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[PROGRESSION] Afterlands - Final door won't open

Comments

• JanaaastyJanaaasty
    Reactions: 400
    edited July 2017
    Bug type: Quest

Brief bug summary: Got all 10/12 of the keys unlocked some of the locks then I got the rest of the keys and unlock the door and nothing happened. Door has no locks and wont open

More details: no cut scene like what happen to my girlfriends character after she unlocked all the locks.

Character name: JugenFoo

Character level: 90

Character job: Hayato

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 7/19/2017 around 5am PDT
  • ProboszczProboszcz
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2017

Brief bug summary:

Unable to finish the Afterlands questline and impossible to receive the rewards.

More details:

After opening all of the locks on the big door nothing happens.

Steps to reproduce:

If any of the keys is used before collecting all twelve and is lost before key count reaches 12/12 then opening all the locks on the door will not trigger the cutscene and thus make it impossible to complete the story. Need to collect 12/12 keys before using any of them for a possibility to complete the questline.

Character name: Pr0boszcz91

Character level: 116

Character job: Dawn Warrior

World name: Luna

Date and time of the incident: 21st July 2017 at 19:47 CEST
  • DarkStorm007DarkStorm007
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2017

Brief bug summary:

Unable to finish the Afterlands questline cannot do Billys Quest due he has no more lightbulb in head in order to Billy paint the trees

More details:

After a lot of effort trying to figure out the tree branches (though was 1 in each spot) i finally realize should be 3 on each location. But in that instant i finished all billy paint tree available

Steps to reproduce:

After a lot of effort trying to figure out the tree branches (though was 1 in each spot) i finally realize should be 3 on each location. But in that instant i finished all billy paint tree available

Character name: DarkStorm007

Character level: 112

Character job: Mihile

World name: Renegades

Date and time of the incident: 30th July 2017 at 11:00 PDT
  • EverinEverin
    edited August 2017

Brief bug summary:

Unable to finish the Afterlands questline and impossible to receive the rewards.

More details:

After opening all of the locks on the big door nothing happens.

Steps to reproduce:

If any of the keys is used before collecting all twelve and is lost before key count reaches 12/12 then opening all the locks on the door will not trigger the cutscene and thus make it impossible to complete the story. Need to collect 12/12 keys before using any of them for a possibility to complete the questline.

Character name: Thiras

Character level: 112

Character job: Wind Archer

Date and time of the incident: August 3rd 2017 at 0:00 PDT.
  • OriginalSinOriginalSin
    edited August 2017

Brief bug summary: Although I have obtained all 12 keys during the Afterlands quest and I have unlocked all 12 locks, the quest is not prompted to finish.

More details:

Character name: EmoDiaz

Character level: Currently level 122

Character job: Kenisis

Date and time of the incident: 07/08/2017. 0207AM
  • FuGuaFuGua
    edited August 2017

Brief bug summary: Have pressed on all of the locks, quest won't complete b/c door wont open

Character name: SuperFuGua

Character level: 95

Character job: Luminous

Date and time of the incident: 07/06/2017 (around 5) EST
  • SvahnongSvahnong
    edited August 2017

Brief bug summary: After unlocking all locks and completing all quests the door in the Afterlands still won't open.

More details: After I had unlocked all locks the door still wouldn't open, instead just using the "It looks like you don't have the key to that particular lock" message. Of course I tried to log out and then in again. After I had logged out and then returned, all locks were back in place, but now above the sprites of the unlocked ones. I can provide image proof if necessary.

Steps to reproduce: Follow the Afterlands questline normally, except as soon as you receive a key, you unlock the corresponding lock. I think that's what causes it, but I'm not sure.

Character name: Svahnong
    Character level: At the time of writing this: 150
    Character job: Kinesis
    World name: Luna
    Date and time of the incident: Can't remember exactly when, but I know it was before 23-06-2017.
  • SoaiCaSoaiCa
    edited August 2017
    Unlock all 12 keys and the big gate still can't open.

Char name: AranSoaiCa
    Char Lvl: 114
    Char job: Aran
    World: Reboot
    Date and time of the incident: 2017/08/10
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited August 2017
    It's amazing that Nexon always finds a new way to break the Afterlands.
  • ATzuriATzuri
    edited August 2017
    Bug type: quest

Brief bug summary: finished all the afterlands missions and still wont end the event

More details:
    used all the keys properly but over a week and not in one go. noticed the 2nd time i played it reset my keys count as if i lost progress but the locks were still missing.

Steps to reproduce:
    did the entire quest and had to leave for a week after 8 keys. finished the other 4 today and it seemed to be reset other than the locks still being gone.

Character name:DonArbiter
    Character level:89
    Character job:Kinesis
    World name:Reboot
    thx
  • jurvinjurvin
    edited August 2017

Brief bug summary: After collecting all 12 keys, it displayed i had only 9 collected. the door didn't open even after the fact of unlocking all locks.

More details: Seems like I'm having the same issue as everyone here.

Character name: Jurvin

Character level: 174

Character job: Night Lord

Date and time of the incident: Aug. 7th 2017 around 11:30PM
  • moonstermoonster
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2017

Brief bug summary: Collected 12 keys, displayed only 9 as collected and door would not open after unlocking all locks.

More details: Keep getting the message "It looks like you don't have the key to that particular lock" despite all the locks being unlocked.

Character name: Helicona
    Character level: 120
    Character job: Xenon
    World name: Nova
    Date and time of the incident: Aug. 28, 2017 around 6:30 EST
  • FantasticAznGuyFantasticAznGuy
    edited September 2017
    Brief bug summary: Unlocked the entire door, but no cutscene to complete the quest
    Details: I keep getting the message "It looks like you don't have the key to that particular lock" although i unlocked everything
    Character name: 2Path2Die
    Character level: 177
    Character job: Dual Blade
    World name: Windia
  • SlayerKev2SlayerKev2
    Reactions: 620
    edited September 2017
    I run into this bug the first time i start afterlands on a new character, the only way I've found to fix it is to quit out of the character and log back into them BEFORE you unlock the entire door, that fixes the issues but i have no idea as to how you would fix it if you already unlocked the entire door. This bug seems to always happen the first time you start afterlands for each character.
  • BlackWoodBlackWood
    edited September 2017
    Bug type:
    Quest failure

Brief bug summary:
    When I first entered to Afterlands, I follow the quest line until I first entered to Land of Riches, then I surprised to find that NO QUEST I CAN DO, so now I don't have the foggiest idea how I can continue the subsequent quest of Afterlands.

More details:
    1.When I first entered to Afterlands, I talked to the NPC called Ashkaya, after I finished that, I was sent to Land of Warrior.
    2.After arriving Land of Warriors, I finished the first plot, then I got a quest that list 3 options, when I chose the first options called "It's a good place to be, but I don't think I can fight every day for the rest of my life." , I was sent to the Land of Riches.
    3.After I have been sent to Land of Riches, I couldn't find any quest at all.
    4.Now I can only be sent to Land of Riches from Land of Beginnings or Land of Beginnings from Land of Riches by Ashkaya.

Steps to reproduce:
    1.Accept the quest of Afterlands, then system will send the character to the Land of Beginnings.
    2.Continue to talk with Ashkaya, then the NPC will send the character to the Land of Warriors.
    3.Complete the first quest that ask you to defeat the 5 NPCs in Land of Warriors.
    4.After defeating 5 NPCs in Land of Warriors, RISE THE SUN DIRECTLY, then the system turn into daylight mode, choose the "Monster Subjugation" and complete it.
    5.After finishing Monster Subjugation, click the book on the head of character, then choose the first options called "It's a good place to be, but I don't think I can fight every day for the rest of my life." , the option will send the character to Land of Riches.
    6.No quest appear when arriving Land of Riches.

Character name:
    Diskenth

Character level:

Character job:
    Hayato

World name:
    Scania

Date and time of the incident:
    09/03/2017 About 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM PDT.
  • Ugauga678Ugauga678
    edited September 2017
    Brief bug summary: Unlocked the entire door, but no cutscene to complete the quest
    Details: I keep getting the message "It looks like you don't have the key to that particular lock" although i unlocked everything
    Character name: Toxicman
    Character level: 183
    Character job: Arch Mage F/p
  • Ugauga678Ugauga678
    edited September 2017
    bump still bugged
  • PixelcupPixelcup
    edited September 2017
    Hey I just finished the Afterlands questline to get the totems.
    I put all the keys in the door but dont get anything i didnt get teleported or something..
    What do I need to do?

World: Luna EU
    IGN: Kriibix
    LVL: 89
  • anntdoteanntdote
    edited September 2017

Brief bug summary: Could not complete Afterlands Storyline, even though I collected all the keys and unlocked all the locks. No cutscene, no rewards (totems).

More details: I collected all the keys to unlock the big door in "Land of Beginnings", and unlocked all of them, but I never got the cutscene, thus not getting the totems as a reward for finishing the questline. While completing the questline, it said I only collected 9/12 keys even though I really collected all of them. I did the questline in 2 days. I unlocked three one day, and then the 9 rest of them the second day. When unlocked the last key, nothing happened to let me proceed with the questline. I changed channels, and all the keys were back on the lock, but the hinges were undone. I go talk to Askaya and rotate through all the lands, and the locks are gone again but it says I don't have the keys. I've relogged onto Maplestory, restarted my computer, and have changed channels multiple times, but it still doesn't let me proceed and give me a cutscene. When I click on the empty hinges, it tell me "It looks like you don't have the key to that particular lock". I've clicked on each lock multiple times. I've relogged into Maplestory, changed channels, restarted computer, clicked all locks, etc for the last 5 days in hopes that it'll trigger the cutscene, but to no avail. There's also no way for me to restart the whole questline so I can't start from scratch to get keys again.

Steps to reproduce: Went through each quest to get keys. Unlocked first 3 locks with keys I got Day 1 and logged off for the day. Day 2, I logged on again, I unlocked the last 9 keys I received. The text in game proceeded to tell me I only collected 9/12 keys. I unlocked the door locks as I received keys. So I turned in like 3 keys at once, 2 keys, 5 keys, 2 keys at a time. When unlocked the last key, nothing happened to let me proceed with the questline.

Character name: anntdotes

Character level: 104 (now), 90ish when occurred

Character job: Evan

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 09/08/17 around 1:30AM PDT
  • SolisolSolisol
    edited September 2017
    Character name: Solico
    Character level: 180
    Character job: Buccaneer