[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Wow, that live stream was a complete waste of time

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 19,355
edited March 15 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Not a single "answer" was given that hadn't been given before.
And I put "answer" in quotes because nothing was actually answered, just parroting the same lines over and over despite all the arguments we have given against them.

And sooooo muuuuuuuch filler. Started late, ended on the dot, kept talking about "how do we stretch the time between serious questions as long as we possibly can". Couldn't wait to get away from us.

Look, CM Arwoo, with all due respect: what the players want from you is information, not entertainment. You know, the whole "flow of communication" you promised?
I do hope that now that the stream is over, you'll start responding to threads on the forums. The threads you've been reading for weeks, you know?

Suggestion:
I suggest you re-read my last post in your Introduction/AMA thread.
Lilyflower
  1. Did you like the Twitch.TV/Maplestory live stream today?32 votes
    1. Loved it! Just what I wanted to see!
       16% (5 votes)
    2. Meh.
       19% (6 votes)
    3. Didn't enjoy it one bit.
       25% (8 votes)
    4. Didn't watch, and not planning to, either.
       41% (13 votes)

Comments

• AlexFAlexF
    Reactions: 3,000
    edited March 15
    I agree with you 100%, was a waste of time:

-The devs didn't even know what things are (Ex: didn't know what the ring is suppose to do)
    -You can tell they didn't listen to our feedback
    -You didn't answer the "questions" that I asked you.. and you clearly said you'd leave the answer for the live chat.

My suggestion:
    -Don't lie to us, not a great start.
  • RaysOffice2016RaysOffice2016
    Reactions: 1,430
    edited March 15
    He answered my question with the food Question. He liked Sushi!!
    MaplerOver9000
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 2,950
    edited March 15
    I agree with you 100% I wish the cm would take it more seriously we players don't want entertainment we want information! where's the promise that the cm would communicate with the players
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 1,950
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 15
    I'd personally note the discussion on Maple VVorld Record event and their decision of individuals holding multiple records, as they diverged from my expectation on that matter. And despite some of what was said mimicking public notice, between the lines I felt it more fleshed out. Just my personal feelings on the stream - I liked it for what it was.
  • AlexFAlexF
    Reactions: 3,000
    edited March 15
    I'd personally note the discussion on Maple VVorld Record event and their decision of individuals holding multiple records, as they diverged from my expectation on that matter. And despite some of what was said mimicking public notice, between the lines I felt it more fleshed out. Just my personal feelings on the stream - I liked it for what it was.

I mean, it was exactly what MapleSea said, except it took them 3 weeks less (isH? Might be 2) to give the same exact answer. It shouldn't be so hard that one must "read between the lines" to get answers. It was sad, I felt it, many people felt it. It was a 1hour conversation about his hair.
  • MaplerOver9000MaplerOver9000
    Reactions: 1,345
    edited March 15
    I think it was meant to be a welcome stream.
    I mostly went for Arwoo, but it was nice that they tried to have discussion on important things.
    I just hope someone took some notes on comments said in the chat.
    I really like these types of streams and hope that more like this one can happen in the future.
    Maybe next time they can do a pre-stream question thread so they can divide the fun questions from serious questions.
    MegaScience
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 1,950
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 15
    I mean, it was exactly what MapleSea said, except it took them 3 weeks less (isH? Might be 2) to give the same exact answer. It shouldn't be so hard that one must "read between the lines" to get answers. It was sad, I felt it, many people felt it. It was a 1hour conversation about his hair.

They differentiated on at least one point verses MapleSEA: MapleSEA restricted rewards to one per account, whereas in GMS an account may obtain multiple rewards. I'd surmise this is due to the fact they mentioned accounts were checked for legitimacy, as well as - due to runners up not being maintained - the rewards would otherwise be forfeit.
    MaplerOver9000
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,180
    edited March 15
    I found it pretty entertaining at least lol. I didn't really come in expecting any great revelations or anything. And it was still cool to see them actually acknowledging some of the hot issues rather than just hearing "I forwarded it" from the forum mods (not that I'm ungrateful for that).

I really dislike how little notice they gave of it though. I literally only knew it was today because of that snow post in the off-topic section. And even then, I thought I had the wrong date/time cuz I didn't see anything on the forums, reddit, facebook, or even twitter on it... Were they purposely being low-key about this? o_o
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 10,340
    edited March 15
    Fennekin wrote: »
    Were they purposely being low-key about this? o_o

Probably wanted to ease him into things. He isn't a regular player and is trying to learn the ropes. They were most likely trying to avoid him getting bombarded with real questions.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 19,355
    edited March 15
    KThxBaiNao wrote: »
    Fennekin wrote: »
    Were they purposely being low-key about this? o_o

Probably wanted to ease him into things. He isn't a regular player and is trying to learn the ropes. They were most likely trying to avoid him getting bombarded with real questions.

Yet he did ask for questions in his introductory thread http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10968/ahoys-from-cm-arwoo and kept teasing with "I'll answer this on stream" - so he was trying to generate viewership for the stream, and at the same time not?