[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Closed

A letter to the maplers, CM and GMs

SmadarSmadar
Reactions: 640
edited March 16 in General Chat
I am writing this post in order for every maple player to be able to learn from this case.
I beg you not to make this post a ' battle zone ' or a court and please forgive my English
I am playing Queen0fNova, a level 250 Kaiser. I am not a typical maple story player; I am in my very late 40s, married and a mother of 3 daughters. I started to play maple story 13 years ago when my daughter asked to play it but did not know any English. What always attracted me to play maple is the fact that I can chat with cute pixels from all over the world. I met many interesting people over the years and learned a lot from them. Maple story is the only computer game that I ever played.
Some of the facts in this post I learned only at the past 2 days.

Few weeks ago, hackers in Scania hacked lucid endless times while there is limits of 1 kill / week. I do not know how they did it but I heard that nexon patched it.
Even though nexon patched the exploit to kill lucid endless times, they were too lazy to look for the lucid ETC obtained from the exploit and ban the hackers.
As a result, about 10 - 20 players from Scania including myself bought a level 200 weapon that became available in the market.
I am not here to claim that it was a smart thing to do or that I did nothing. I do understand now that buying the weapon was a mistake and I probably did it only because I was too impatience to wait 6 months before getting one. I promise not to apply for the "saint mapler" title.

A week ago, I woke up to find out that 2 of my maple accounts are permanently banned for exploit.
I was able to learn from friends that every player who ever touched a level 200 weapon, even if it was for 5 minutes, got permanent banned by nexon.
The CM claim here: https://clips.twitch.tv/CallousCallousApeVoteNay saying that only those who obtained the weapons themselves are perm banned is 100 % not true.
Some of the permanent banned players never ever entered lucid map! Some of them never killed lucid.
AGAIN nexon were lazy, and did not care about years of hard work of loyal players and they permanently banned every account that TRADED the weapon.
I traded the weapon with 13 years old account that never ever broke the ToS – my bishop's account and my bishop was holding the weapon and used cubes on it only for few minutes. My bishop never entered lucid map and could not get the coins to obtain a weapon in any case but is permanent banned getting ridiculous answers from GMs.
My Kaiser did enter lucid map, to kill it with my friends. this was our first kill and since then we killed it 2 times more.
My Kaiser has only 3 Lucid ETC in my inventory, every GM can log in and check it. I never ever had even 1 fantasma coin on my account, I am sure that nexon can check that. Neither I nor my bishop did any activity in the weapon's coin shop.
My computer knowledge is very poor, but I am sure that nexon in 2017 can check those facts easily but it's much easier, to copy paste robot answers to those who spent a lot of time and money on their game.
When you log in to play maple, remember that nexon can take it all in a second.
They say that they got evidences but IT CANNOT BE because they can go and check 10-20 accounts for lucid kill record, number of lucid ETCs on them, if the account ever held fantasma coins etc. They are too lazy, and of course they will refuse to show you the "evidences".

While the game is full of hackers, dupers, botters, exploiters and much more that get no attention or action from nexon and still play freely, they chose to permanently ban a group of good , loyal players from Scania that usually do give a good example to the community.

I do not have many hopes for my accounts; it's hard to communicate with a 'copy' 'paste' robots.
When my Kaiser was bugged for 20 days nexon asked for my patience, my marvel code for 5 white cubes is not working for 3 months and they are still asking me for patience while they are "investigating" but they have no patience to check my account that never had any problem for many years until this moment.
Take this into consideration next time you log in or buy nx.
Thanks for reading.
sorluiMaplerOver9000Kokee

Comments

• MuminMumin
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 16
    Hii Smadar! i have to say i was really shocked when i read your post! such things make me think if i even should keep on playing because it seems like there are many dumb reasons to get perm banned, even tho those bans could be avoided if the Nexon Team would do their jobs right.

So what are you going to do now? start a new account if you dont get unbanned?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 16,370
    edited March 16
    Skipping, for now, the question of whether you deserve to be banned, one thing is obvious: what was said on the stream is not what actually happened. I've seen too many people say they got perma-banned just for coming in contact with the weapons, to believe they're all lying.

So, we have two possibilities:
    1. Nexon decided to ban everyone who touched the weapons, but for some reason doesn't want to tell us that. In other words, SavageAce was lying about how they decided to handle the issue.
    2. Nexon did intend to ban only the hackers themselves, but whatever logic they used to find out who actively hacked and who merely received the weapons afterwards, is faulty.

Personally I could believe either.

This obviously needs a better response from Nexon. Either state boldly that they intentionally banned everyone involved, or check their code and release those not guilty enough to merit a perma-ban.
  • MrHellbannMrHellbann
    Reactions: 670
    edited March 16
    You should have never even touched the weapon because it cannot be obtained yet legitly.
    AhriannaYonax
  • AlexandreFournierAlexandreFournier
    Reactions: 2,000
    edited March 16
    I also won't comment on the issue if YOU deserve to be banned or not.
    On the issue of what was said, and confirmed to have been said yesterday by SavageAce:

I agree with exactly what AKradian is saying here, the way they've said it was handled and the way it was handled isn't adding up.
    They've clearly ran a logic software that looked for people who ever had the weapon ID show up on their account, and then permad all those people.
    If this is what Nexon believed was a properly consequence, then they should reply and say this was the case.

I will say this:

Any experienced player knew these were obtained via exploit.
    No "new" player could afford what the cost of buying one of these weapons was.
    Was very risky to ever come in contact with one of these. Everyone assumes Nexon does nothing, this shows they decided to act.
    AhriannaYonax
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited March 16
    Send a ticket to nexon or talk in live chat with the GM's, SavageAce said that people who only purchased the weapons and didn't hack weren't banned or, in this case, shouldn't be, they just removed the weapon from those players and banned the actual hackers.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,500
    edited March 16
    I'm really happy people are not bringing up who deserves to remain permanently banned or not. As NO ONE knows exactly what happened except the players themselves and Nexon. I am surprised that you were permanently banned Queen0fNova. I've seen many of your YouTube videos and heard a lot about you. And even though I don't really know you too well, from what I've heard, you're as legit as they come. Sorry to hear about what happened to you.

But as AKRadian and AlexandreFournier have said, this is very conflicting because according to CM Arwoo and SavageAce, not everyone involved was banned. But obviously that is not the case. In Smadar's case, ok let's just assume she was crazy and irresponsible enough to participate in the exploit on her Kaiser (I said assume, let's not jump to conclusions), why on earth would she also do so on her Bishop? Also assuming her bishop can even get to Lucid, which I doubt. It makes no sense.

Anyways, Nexon you should explain yourself.
    Smadar
  • BeyondardBeyondard
    Reactions: 300
    edited March 16
    The bans relating to the selectable cube coupon exploit in the first instance(December 2015) were handled in this way too. Anyone who touched one of the cubed items were permanently banned. I think a few people got unbanned after constantly sending tickets though, so keep trying.
  • sorluisorlui
    Reactions: 315
    edited March 16
    i too have been playing this game since beta and in my own opinion, this is an unjust / unfair ban. from what I understand, nexon banned them due to participating in the exploit of these arcane weapons. however, instead of investigating it further, there was just a chain ban of whoever was holding the item for even just a second.

nexon should just track down the person/people who were involved in "hacking" and have them banned, and release the players and delete the item from their inventory.
    Smadar
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,500
    edited March 16
    sorlui
    i too have been playing this game since beta and in my own opinion, this is an unjust / unfair ban. from what I understand, nexon banned them due to participating in the exploit of these arcane weapons. however, instead of investigating it further, there was just a chain ban of whoever was holding the item for even just a second.

nexon should just track down the person/people who were involved in "hacking" and have them banned, and release the players and delete the item from their inventory.
    Yes^ but this has been said at least 10 times since this issue surfaced.

I don't understand.... when you enter the Magnus boss room it registers the time that you enter. I am 100% sure Nexon keeps that information in a log. Why would they not implement this same system into the games' hardest boss? Or, if the system is already implemented in Lucid, why would they not use this to properly find those responsible for exploiting? It can't be because "there are too many to go through" since only people lv 230+ and with a certain amount of Arcane can enter. This should narrow their list down considerably.
    justsomeoneMaplerOver9000
  • SmadarSmadar
    Reactions: 640
    edited March 16
    Mumin
    Hii Smadar! i have to say i was really shocked when i read your post! such things make me think if i even should keep on playing because it seems like there are many dumb reasons to get perm banned, even tho those bans could be avoided if the Nexon Team would do their jobs right.

So what are you going to do now? start a new account if you dont get unbanned?
    If my accounts are not back, I will never ever play any nexon games again.

This discussion has been closed.