[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Windowed mode too small to see

TanyaTanya
Reactions: 1,230
edited March 2017 in Tech Support
I would love to play Maple in Windowed mode - however on my computer my windowed mode shows up EXTREMELY small - like maybe 1/8th of my screen if that (which on a 15" laptop, is incredibly tiny). If I need to be in windowed mode, I basically can't chat with anyone or do quests because the text is so small that I can't see it. I know other people have no problem playing in windowed mode & my friend who also plays maplestory with the same laptop & windows version has a regular sized windowed mode.

Has anyone else had this issue, and is there a way to change the size that Windowed mode displays in or a fix to make windowed mode playable?

Currently playing on a 15" laptop, windows 10, & I have tried using all of the available maplestory screen resolution sizes to no avail. I've even tried changing my laptop resolution to all of the available options, just to see if one of them will fix it. It does not.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I find it odd that changing your laptop's display resolution didn't help.

The Maplestory window, at its largest, takes up 1366x768 pixels.
    If your 15" monitor is 4k resolution, then Maplestory will only take up about 5" of that, and be impossible to read.
    But on the other extreme, if your laptop is set to 1366x768 resolution, "window mode" Maplestory will take up your entire screen (and more, because of the window border).

What display resolutions did you try?
    Tanya
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    I find it odd that changing your laptop's display resolution didn't help.

The Maplestory window, at its largest, takes up 1366x768 pixels.
    If your 15" monitor is 4k resolution, then Maplestory will only take up about 5" of that, and be impossible to read.
    But on the other extreme, if your laptop is set to 1366x768 resolution, "window mode" Maplestory will take up your entire screen (and more, because of the window border).

What display resolutions did you try?

You put me on the right track AKradian, thank you. The problem is I am noob at windows haha :P but on the bright side my windowed mode is normal now! XD
    I must have changed the settings that make icons on your screen bigger and smaller when I set up my computer - mine was set to 200% so everything LOOKED like the right resolution even though it was not... and when I changed it to a smaller resolution everything was HUGE except for maplestory and I just didn't get it. Now it is 100% and at the right resolution and maplestory and everything on my desktop is normal!