[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Just make me a GM.

TigerAwokenTigerAwoken
Reactions: 580
edited March 2017 in General Chat
I've played since beta and have been a loyal player ever since the game launched. All I see is hackers all the time, in every abandoned map. I've made friends with a GM over the years who's told me how you make GM's only patrol certain areas of victoria, and no where else in the game. I've worked with him to hunt down hackers and give him IGNS of those hacking, and he banned them soon after. Believe me when I say GM's don't do anything and they're limited by Nexon who caters for these hackers by changing maps such as LHC/HOH/SDH, specifically because of botters. I would be the best GM the game's seen because I make it my mission to hunt these pieces of garbage down and remove them from the system, and I actually care about my community and my game. Think about it, Nexon.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    They have a "careers" page. Submit a job application through there, not through the forums.
    Raw
  • TigerAwokenTigerAwoken
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    They have a "careers" page. Submit a job application through there, not through the forums.

When it comes to getting rid of these people as fast as possible, I'm not interested in a career with Nexon or even getting paid. I would gladly do this for free, just knowing that the community is a safe place to be is good enough for me. Save your application.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    That's not how it works. This isn't a pizza slice where the admins make you a GM if they like you enough.
    Nexon will not give anyone the power to ban players, unless they are an employee with a legal contract and everything.
    And for that you need to apply like a grownup.
  • TigerAwokenTigerAwoken
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    That's not how it works. This isn't a pizza slice where the admins make you a GM if they like you enough.
    Nexon will not give anyone the power to ban players, unless they are an employee with a legal contract and everything.
    And for that you need to apply like a grownup.

No, really? I know how the system works. I'm plainly spouting how I feel and what my reactions are towards the game and it's corrupt GMs and employees. How I FEEL is that I should just be a GM. You need to learn how to properly read a post before replying. Look in my first thread, is there anywhere in there where I'm begging and pleading to be a GM? No, I simply implied the game would be better with me as one. I'm not expecting to become one at all, despite how much we as a community would profit. Because I'm a selfless person who cares about others.
    DoughChukki
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited March 2017
    Love the enthusiasm and your drive to assist the GM team sweep the streets of hackers, but I'd like to address this statement I've quoted. This is not how our GM team operates when banning illegitimate players in-game.

While our team does visit spots that hackers frequent, new areas are added when new trends are noticed.
    If you do spot a hacker in-game, please send our Customer Support team either a video or screenshot proof so that they may investigate further.

Thank you!

Arwoooo~
    I've made friends with a GM over the years who's told me how you make GM's only patrol certain areas of victoria, and no where else in the game. I've worked with him to hunt down hackers and give him IGNS of those hacking, and he banned them soon after. Believe me when I say GM's don't do anything and they're limited by Nexon who caters for these hackers by changing maps such as LHC/HOH/SDH, specifically because of botters.
    JettLuvsUMegaScience
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I had a friend like that once too, but he went away when I grew older.
    JettLuvsU
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited March 2017
    @TigerAwoken: I know how that is when a Bera GM threatened me for reporting a vac-hacker that was popping up, sucking up everything including things that had just dropped, and vanished before hitting the ground. Thankfully I've not seen him in a long time.
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    It is discouraging sure, but all we can do is press on. Keep in mind this is a free to play game unlike other games which have the monthly subscription model. If Maple were a monthly subscription model, then there has to be more moderators and several bot prevention measures because you are paying monthly and expect more professionalism.

With Maple now you pay nothing unless you feel you need to invest in something via cash-shop. Nobody can really expect the game to perfect, no free-to-play game is.

I too don't like to see botters or hackers run rapid in the game, but there isn't much I an do about it except for report it and move on to another map.

The system isn't perfect but all we can do is press on or move on. Stay strong (=
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    Welcome to the "I wanna work for yuo Nexon" club...where your job application collects dust for a while :T
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited March 2017
    Man that's some top cringe. I can tell you're probably 15 years old or near that.

Most GMs in-game and the ones responding to tickets are outsourced and are pretty incompetent. But it's obvious that a fresh entry GM coming in and banning hackers is not a fix and i'm sure Nexon has tried that sometime in the last 12 years.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited March 2017
    Probably before they realized many hackers were buying smegas by the Chinese boatload.
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited March 2017
    genji123 wrote: »
    Man that's some top cringe. I can tell you're probably 15 years old or near that.

OP said he played since beta... Could be older than you...
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    i know somebody posted something about the careers page before, but I'll link it.

http://www.nexon.net/corporate/careers/all-jobs/
  • TigerAwokenTigerAwoken
    edited April 2017

Most GMs in-game and the ones responding to tickets are outsourced and are pretty incompetent. But it's obvious that a fresh entry GM coming in and banning hackers is not a fix and i'm sure Nexon has tried that sometime in the last 12 years.

Nexon did not create MapleStory, Wizet did. Nexon truly doesn't care about the customers, they see MapleStory as a game they can just drain money from until it dies, which is what's happening if you open your eyes. In truth, hackers are only 1/4 the reason this game is horrible, there're bigger issues than hackers at-hand. The only cringe I see is people like you attempting to insult me when I stand for something bigger than myself.

P.S

I'm pretty sure I've literally been playing this game since you were in diapers.
  • TigerAwokenTigerAwoken
    edited April 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Welcome to the "I wanna work for yuo Nexon" club...where your job application collects dust for a while :T

Except I don't want to work for Nexon, if you read carefully. I just want the power to do good, and it's more of a vent, I'm not expecting anything out of it.
  • TigerAwokenTigerAwoken
    edited April 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Love the enthusiasm and your drive to assist the GM team sweep the streets of hackers, but I'd like to address this statement I've quoted. This is not how our GM team operates when banning illegitimate players in-game.

While our team does visit spots that hackers frequent, new areas are added when new trends are noticed.
    If you do spot a hacker in-game, please send our Customer Support team either a video or screenshot proof so that they may investigate further.

Thank you!

Arwoooo~
    I've made friends with a GM over the years who's told me how you make GM's only patrol certain areas of victoria, and no where else in the game. I've worked with him to hunt down hackers and give him IGNS of those hacking, and he banned them soon after. Believe me when I say GM's don't do anything and they're limited by Nexon who caters for these hackers by changing maps such as LHC/HOH/SDH, specifically because of botters.

It's too slow and the system never works. I've done it the way you're suggesting multiple times, with no results. The Gm I've helped in the past, got results right away. I would rather be a vigilante in-game than trust a system that doesn't actually care.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited April 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

Except I don't want to work for Nexon, if you read carefully. I just want the power to do good, and it's more of a vent, I'm not expecting anything out of it.

Well I wanna do good too...tis why I apply for the job...although nothing has come of it...I just wanna help :T
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Maybe it's time to revisit options such as captchas to give power to the players to moderate the game.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017

Nexon did not create MapleStory, Wizet did. Nexon truly doesn't care about the customers, they see MapleStory as a game they can just drain money from until it dies, which is what's happening if you open your eyes. In truth, hackers are only 1/4 the reason this game is horrible, there're bigger issues than hackers at-hand. The only cringe I see is people like you attempting to insult me when I stand for something bigger than myself.

P.S

I'm pretty sure I've literally been playing this game since you were in diapers.

Wizet was a sister company from Nexon