[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please dont remove gamelauncher my only wayto play

YakudleYakudle
Reactions: 2,085
edited March 2017 in General Chat
Please nexon i already tried nexon launcher for a month and it just doesnt work regardless of the many solutions i saw in the forums
i wont be able to play anymore please dont do it

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    With the direct launch being removed announcement I've seen many of the concerns over this decision.

However, I can assure you that because we're moving to a more centralized method of launching MapleStory, that we will be making huge improvements to the launcher. Not just the launcher, but the patching system as well since many players have made reports that the game forces the client to be patched on numerous occasions.

Despite this, if players are still unable to access the game, please let our CS team know and they'll do everything within their power to make sure you're able to get back into the game.

Contact Live Chat Support and make them live up to this promise.
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited March 2017
    i already did contact support a month ago before and they couldnt help with the issues sadly been trying to get it to work
    we tried the repair the nexon launcher and also a clean boot without any antiviruz installed
    yet the software gets stuck or just doesnt show a window at all sometimes
    i could play normally with the gamelauncher but if thats removed then i guess i wont be able anymore
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited March 2017
    This is stupid. now its 3x the hassle to relog into my other accounts, and not only that but it clogs up my task menu.
  • ShadowJoshXDShadowJoshXD
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited March 2017
    Same..
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    With the direct launch being removed announcement I've seen many of the concerns over this decision.

However, I can assure you that because we're moving to a more centralized method of launching MapleStory, that we will be making huge improvements to the launcher. Not just the launcher, but the patching system as well since many players have made reports that the game forces the client to be patched on numerous occasions.

Despite this, if players are still unable to access the game, please let our CS team know and they'll do everything within their power to make sure you're able to get back into the game.

lol do you understand? Nexon launcher is BAD it makes the game unstable and lacks features of the game launcher and it doesn't work for many people. Why quote a useless post? Customer support is rubbish and won't help at all.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

lol do you understand? Nexon launcher is BAD it makes the game unstable and lacks features of the game launcher and it doesn't work for many people. Why quote a useless post? Customer support is rubbish and won't help at all.

Don't you know me yet?
    Of course I understand. I hate the Nexon Launcher, and I objected vehemently to the removal of direct launch on multiple threads. The bit I quoted above is what CM @Arwoo replied to my own query about it. in his introduction thread.

I quote the useless post because I want as many people as possible to get on Live Chat support and make Nexon feel the pain we feel with this stupid decision of theirs.
    If we keep trying to solve it ourselves, or give up because we know Nexon Customer Support is utterly useless, nothing will ever change, and the CM will continue to spout these platitudes every time Nexon comes up with so-called "improvements" that make things worse.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

Don't you know me yet?
    Of course I understand. I hate the Nexon Launcher, and I objected vehemently to the removal of direct launch on multiple threads. The bit I quoted above is what CM @Arwoo replied to my own query about it. in his introduction thread.

I quote the useless post because I want as many people as possible to get on Live Chat support and make Nexon feel the pain we feel with this stupid decision of theirs.
    If we keep trying to solve it ourselves, or give up because we know Nexon Customer Support is utterly useless, nothing will ever change, and the CM will continue to spout these platitudes every time Nexon comes up with so-called "improvements" that make things worse.

What I am saying is going on live chat/support is just a waste of damn energy they will do what they want always and won't even be able to help most people. They don't care about what we want. "We are Nexon and we know what's best" is the mentality they have.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited March 2017
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited March 2017
    please nexon bring back the gamelauncher the nexon launcher doesnt work for me its been like that for over a month
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    have you tried the steam version?
    Invulgo
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited March 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »

i have issues with steam itself as when i launch it gets stuck with a window that says "updatin steam" they blame my antiviruz on it but i been using the same thing for a few years already soo its their software i also tried to run steam without antiviruz but i get the same thing so sadly for me steam is not an option aswell

the gamelauncher was the most reliable and faster way to just play the game at least for me i dunno why they want to reinvent the wheel when its already been done

even now am still trying to find a way to play the game with the nexon launcher but it always gets stuck on repair or updating i dont want to stop playing this game yet
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

Steam version doesn't allow XP
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited March 2017
    i found a way to play the game i made a backup of the game files unistalled maplestory and the nexon launcher
    then did a clean boot again installed maple in a new folder not in appdata or the default nexon makes
    then i installed the nexon launcher also in another folder but i did stoped it from running its auto updates cause it gets stuck there everytime closing the process then i changed the launcher default folder for maplestory and after a few tries of getting stuck in the "verifing" it did work
    somehow by the way am using win7 soo i wonder

something its weird tho
    i have the game files in a folder and the nexon launcher has also a folder for the game files but its not where i have the game files i hope am explaining myself properly
    also i didnt delete the default nexon launcher folders for the games this time i just made a new one if that helps anyone to run this game
    i guess ill make a backup of the gamefiles from now on just in case

damn after a month of attemps to make it run before the best way to play the game was removed am glad i can play
    even tho it takes me a few tries to get it to work
    thanks everyone that tried to help i just hope this issues get fixed soon
    Pleinair
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited March 2017
    I wonder if your issues stem from an issue with read/write in the C:/ folder. If the launcher wasn't able to read the files from that folder surely it would cause a loop?

i dunno i remember something tho
    way back then like 4 years or 5 ago i tried to play minecraft and i couldnt play it because i didnt install somethings in the appdata some programs just need certain files in appdata for some reason i still havent figured out why

you see i have the nexon launcher files all over the place
    i have some files made on appdata some in C:nexon and my own folders also in C: you would think its just the same file like a copypaste but each file has their own names and sizes i have no clue anymore whats up with this being honest
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited March 2017
    gratz
  • FluffyMooFluffyMoo
    Reactions: 765
    edited March 2017

Incompatible version, according to Steam. Next try?
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    FluffyMoo wrote: »

Incompatible version, according to Steam. Next try?

incompatible version?.... did you do a full reinstall of the game on steam?