[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Run Time Error Upon Launch

RawRaw
Reactions: 515
edited March 2017 in Tech Support
So I try to launch from the new and "better" Nexon Launcher, and get a runtime C++ error. Here's what it says since I'm on a Mac and can't screenshot on windows side.

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata\maplestory.exe

abnormal program termination

Probably 2 weeks ago, I was all good and actually really saw the merit of deleting those NPC's that were deemed useless to the game and experiencing less lag. Now I get about 10 minutes online, and crash; or I can't log at all. I get this is a new process, but to give more information I've tried the repair download feature (twice in three days or so) and have redownloaded maplestory completely from Nexon Launcher (delete/reinstall). Very frustrating, but I get at the start of things sometimes it's not always smooth. Help would be appreciated. =)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Runtime errors are generally caused by a missing or corrupted Visual C++ library unique to Microsoft's system.
    https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/the-program-cant-start-because-api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll-is-missing-f2702.html

Since you're on a Mac and probably running via Boot Camp or something, I can't guarantee this will work. Maple isn't supported on Mac and the runtime error specifically is due to a Microsoft library. I can find a library used for Wine, but I still can't guarantee you success.
  • RawRaw
    edited March 2017
    Thank you for the update, I'm looking into it. I haven't had any problems on my Mac apart from what everyone else had, but this is unbearable and definitely different.
  • RawRaw
    edited March 2017
    I had 8 GD optional updates for windows that I had no idea even existed, I am currently trying to install them. After I restart I will try MS again and see if the problem persists; if so, I will continue with your handy article. Thanks again. =)
  • RawRaw
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, I still am experiencing the same issue. I have upgraded to windows 10, updated the holy heck out of my computer, tried redownloading maplestory entirely after deleting it, and to no avail. I just submitted a ticket, super frustrating. I feel like I'm spending about 50% of the time in game and 50% of the time logging in and going through the loading screens, etc.
  • yaboyoliveryaboyoliver
    Reactions: 660
    edited March 2017
    Hi Raw,
    Sorry to hear you are still having issues...
    Could you PM me your ticket number?