[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

May Not Change Forum Name? Misunderstanding?

MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
Reactions: 800
edited March 23 in Account Billing Support
So a Forum moderator changed my name from MisterPANG to MisterPENGUIN because i was in violation to Code Of Conduct. I had no clue that someone's IGN was MisterPANG, Also had no idea you can't have someone else's name on the forum if they have it In Game. I thought your forum name was your IGN to start off with and you can choose to change it.
Also i would like to revoke the warning as i didn't know this at the time.
Also i cannot change my forum name at the moment? Is this because he changed it? If so may i please be able to change it? I've helped this community in game alot. To get on the forums and try to help without reading the rules was my mistake but for an IGN trying to copy someone else isn't my thing.
I would like to speak with someone personal about this? Also i don't know where to post this so if it's in wrong section please move~
Thanks~
CookiesXD

Comments

• ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 4,940
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited March 29
    Ahoy, MisterPENGUIN cutename

For this case, you should contact any of the VFMs or myself when requesting a new name.
    Please PM either myself or a VFM your new name you'd like.

Additionally, there are no warning associated with your account so no worries there! A verbal warning will leave no negative marks on your account.

Cheers,
    Arwooo~
  • Leighton_Leighton_
    Reactions: 520
    edited March 29
    So a Forum moderator changed my name from MisterPANG to MisterPENGUIN because i was in violation to Code Of Conduct. I had no clue that someone's IGN was MisterPANG, Also had no idea you can't have someone else's name on the forum if they have it In Game. I thought your forum name was your IGN to start off with and you can choose to change it.
    Also i would like to revoke the warning as i didn't know this at the time.
    Also i cannot change my forum name at the moment? Is this because he changed it? If so may i please be able to change it? I've helped this community in game alot. To get on the forums and try to help without reading the rules was my mistake but for an IGN trying to copy someone else isn't my thing.
    I would like to speak with someone personal about this? Also i don't know where to post this so if it's in wrong section please move~
    Thanks~

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/37954/#Comment_37954

t2PsBEI.png

wow, no way!! you didn't know?

EDIT: Also, nice personal quote:

e30dca5d11.png
    SadVirginPangus
  • PangusPangus
    Reactions: 500
    edited March 31
    Hello fellow forumer,

Besides the quote that @Leighton_ pointed out, I highly doubt that you had no idea that ign was being used in-game. Okay, so even if that happens to be your name, what are the odds that you would capitalize the same letters as my ign, hmm... Also, if you are an active forumer as you claim, it is unlikely that you thought your ign has to be the same as your forum name.

You've helped this community out? May I ask in what possible way?
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/37954/#Comment_37954
    In this particular link, all you've done is make false accusations, cursing, flaming, and creating drama which eventually led to the thread being closed. Also, even if the so called claims are true, why would I accuse myself of breaking the ToS?

I also know who you are in-game, but I've got better things to do than to create drama or even mention your ign here.
    Clearly you were violating the Code of Conduct, but hey, that's not my business.
    Good day to you sire!