[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[SYSTEM] Nebulite Fusion provides lower rank neb.

CrystalOraCrystalOra
Reactions: 3,135
edited April 2017 in Bug Reporting
What is up with neb fusion? A nebs keep turning into B nebs when fused. Four times now I have fused and been given a B rank neb! No place does it say that nebs have a possibility of becoming a lower rank when fused. The skill actually says that you have a chance of gaining a rank. I also keep getting A nebs with really bad stats like Dex +2 on an A? Can someone explain what is going on here? No place does it say that nebs have a possibility of becoming a lower rank when fused. The skill actually says that you have a chance of gaining a rank. This need to be fixed! I'm not going to invest in fusion tickets from the cash shop if I don't even have a chance of obtaining a neb that I can use from it!!!
  1. Have your A nebs lost rank when fused?9 votes
    1. Yes
       89% (8 votes)
    2. No
       11% (1 vote)

Comments

• CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited March 2017
    CrystalOra
    Mardia
    228 DrK
    Just fused some A nebs and got a B again around 2am central!

Oh an I also have a B rank neb in my inventory that had Dex +1...what the hell!!!!
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    This is odd. I've forwarded the issue with fusing [A] nebulites resulting in nebulites.

As for DEX nebulites, note that there are currently two kinds of DEX nebulites and the "lesser" ones you have were converted from obsolete nebulites.
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited March 2017
    Nebulite rank-downs seems to be a thing that can just happen right now. I've also had it happen when fusing a couple Bs to get a [C]. Not sure if it's part of the design this happens, like with higher level star-forcing or using certain types of cubes on gear, but it would be nice if this rank-down possibility was noted somewhere if it's intentional.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited March 2017
    I've put two B-rank nebs that were for armor... And got a C-rank face.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited March 2017
    Dex +1 is a D rank neb not a B rank. There should not be any such thing on a B neb! I also had an A neb that was Dex +2. There is a problem with the system that needs to be addressed. Even if the old A nebs were obsolete fusing them should not result in A nebs with stats that exist on much lower D and C rank nebs!
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited March 2017
    So any news?
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    It should be recognized. Apologies for the wait.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited April 2017
    So what do I do with the A nebs with stats that should not exist? Will this be fixed anytime soon?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    So what do I do with the A nebs with stats that should not exist? Will this be fixed anytime soon?

My guess is that even if they're fixed, the stats they get will be some other kind of useless stat. This is because you actually rolled "%avoidability" or "%accuracy" or something like that, but since those were removed from the game, they were replaced with something else that's equally trash. Since the low DEX on A nebs is confusing, Nexon might put something else on them, but as I said, it will be equally worthless because of the way the reward pool is weighted.

So, personally, I recommend treating them as if they were %avoid. Would you fuse that? Then fuse these, too. (Though the thing with the rank-down is worrying, and maybe one shouldn't fuse anything right now, until that's cleared up).