[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I feel like...

AddiFantasyAddiFantasy
Reactions: 520
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Soloing by myself and not finding any friends/guild would make this game boring for me?
I love Maplestory, just started playing not to long ago.
But if I solo for so long without finding a guild/friend I can get bored quick.
And I don't want that to happen. I love Maplestory.

So, tell me, what was your journey like when you first started playing Maplestory?
If you can remember?

Right now I'm just leveling Mercedes for the Link Skill to give bonus Experience to all other classes I'll make. Every single one.

How do you go on about making new friends and finding a guild to be in?

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    AddiFantasy

Soloing by myself and not finding any friends/guild would make this game boring for me?
    I love Maplestory, just started playing not to long ago.
    But if I solo for so long without finding a guild/friend I can get bored quick.
    And I don't want that to happen. I love Maplestory.

So, tell me, what was your journey like when you first started playing Maplestory?
    If you can remember?

Right now I'm just leveling Mercedes for the Link Skill to give bonus Experience to all other classes I'll make. Every single one.

How do you go on about making new friends and finding a guild to be in?
    are you new here? if so try finding players I know u can't find players a lot but keep trying go to a friendly guild that accept any lvls let me tell you about my journey way back in maple I'm trying to find players and surprised iv seen so much players and the players accept me and I join in the party and joined the guild good memories :).

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    What server are you in? Finding an active guild should be easy enough. If you're in Scania, Windia, or Reboot, you probably have a lot of options, but if you're in, say, GRAZED, you can just look at what guild you see everyone else in and send a join request (I've noticed like, three active guilds). Can still use that method for active servers, you'll just have more to choose from.

As for finding friends...if you train at Drakes, you'll probably run into a lot of people. A lot of them might be the "cc noob" type, but others might be cool with training with you. Ditto for Sahel II in Magatia (though it's a bit harder to share). When you get higher leveled, you'll probably see people at Gollux (in whatever channel boss queue lands you in) and Commerci (mostly ch1). And of course, Henesys ch1 is always popular.

Lilyflower
  • bodhisativabodhisativa
    Reactions: 540
    edited October 2016
    My journey with MS started about six or seven years ago, I was a youngin during those times. I made some characters on a different account ( I really wish I could remember the log-in info) and I played on and off for a few months.
    Now six or seven years later, I've started playing again, and have run into the same problem I did when I last played, which is finding friends or guilds.

I've chatted to all asking if anyone knows of any cool guilds, would like to party quest with me, etc., but I never seem to get a response from people. Most of the people I come across seem to sit around and bask in the attention of all the beautiful cash shop items that they have. Seems like those kind of people don't really want to talk to me unless my character is decked out in the latest and greatest cash shop items.

Or, on the other side of the matter, I'm an adult, and most of the interesting people I come across are wayyyy way younger than me. I will play with them, but conversation can be limited because we don't understand each other much (just a difference in age) and I feel a little weird talking to kids and wouldn't want their parents to think something's up. The scenario that runs through my head is:

"Oh you made a new friend on the game you play, son! That's cool! How old is she?"

"oh she's 20 something!"

"Um.... what?!?"

Maybe a ridiculous scenario, but I guess now I understand why my parents were so protective of me when i was a young kid playing online.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    Honestly, i been jumping around in guildes for a while, in the end the buddies are the best thing you can have, some of em just come to you, others you better look out since they want to scam something off your friendship, as you get experience you notice who is really your friend(i got scammed once with a friend who changed after joinning a scammer guild...), also you can't be friend without talking =p(sometimes i don't grow relation ships because of that).

Guilds can be good, depending what you mostly do it the game can be more trainning/bossing guilds(sometimes i did look out for those), or social ones, yet for me a guild need to respectfull, and the leader need to care for the guild members too(i mostly leaved guilds cause of the leader).
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Personally I find it boring without friends I started going hard in Maple on the day Big Bang hit. I joined a guild and we did so much together it was great.... now mostly it's a single player game and I get bored quite quickly. Although I am enjoying the Halloween quest lines at the moment, but everything else is pretty dry. Maybe if I joined today it would be a different story as I wouldn't be used to playing this game with other people so much.

Just a shame so many of my buddies quit. One game back the other week and we pretty much talked for a solid hour. I just wish that happened more these days and we could train together like those old days.