[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Classes that could use some changes.

HoneyWaterHoneyWater
Reactions: 2,245
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello ^^ I'm making this post for fun? i guess. I wanted to see what people thought of some classes you don't see a lot of people main.
As in
-Angelic Buster
-Mihile
-Jett
-Mechanic
Those are the one that i THINK should get some new changes
I'm pretty sure the reason why people make Angelic Buster is because of her link skills, without her Link skills you'll barely see people Main the class. Her skills seems pretty cool and cute, since she is Angelic Buster, But i think its hard for people to main her since her skills doesn't make a lot of hit lines, that's important for event's when they spawn thing in town and the more hit lines u can make the more faster you can kill it.

I feel like Mihile is the same thing :/ people make him for his Link skills.

I know Jett got revamped like some time ago, but people still doesn't like him, like before the revamped he just looked like another Corsair to me. Now...well i just haven't seen it played at all, and im pretty sure people would make him for his link skills =_="

Mechanic's just have some latency issues i heard. So maybe just fixing that would help.

Just so you know these are just my opinions. These are my Thoughts if you don't agree with me that's fine and i wouldn't mind reading why just don't be such a female dog about it :| . If you want to add on to the list you are welcome to.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    Jett needs a serious buff or something...its Damage is extremely low (similar to Kanna)
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited March 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Jett needs a serious buff or something...its Damage is extremely low (similar to Kanna)

But Kanna is a great and support bossing class. I personnally know one Kanna who is a tanky at bossing. And the best class for grinding.

Look at one of his vid and some more on his ch:

• AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited March 2017
    Mihile could use a safety net for whenever he fails to land Royal Guard... Like a 75% cooldown reduction (6 seconds for fail/successful guard ~> 6 seconds for success & 2 seconds when failed). Sure there's Mihile's new 5th job skill that gives his royal guard some longer duration but it's only enough for 1 more guard chance before the buff disappears.
  • Bahamut_XBahamut_X
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited March 2017
    Could agree with Jett needing a bit of love. Not much fun when I've got 125 points left with nothing to spend it on. Tried using mastery books without any success, and this is after resetting my points to check what I have available to me. A few skills look like they could easily be 20 or 30 points instead of the current allotment.

On the other hand, Battle Mage feels like a one trick pony that has been beaten to death. Teleport Mastery drops my ability to like the class down through the floor and into the sewers. I'm just not a fan of the philosophy behind the current design. When a class design feels and looks like a crib note on how not to design a class, someone in development needs to spend time on looking at what worked and bloody meditate on it. For crying out loud, I had more fun as a freaking bean compared to the train wreck of a class.

I usually get told that I haven't played mine enough. Considering that I have the bloody character at level 160 already, nothing to date has been able to sway my opinion on the class. Only thing they are good for is the character card, otherwise I'd consider having my BaM turn into a DK.

Kanna is where I'm willing to defend as being nice where they are. They feel like a decent challenge to actually level and not feel so bored compared to the other two classes mentioned earlier.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Petalmagic wrote: »

Kanna are crazy buffers when they are paired with another mage though, so idk - I feel like that a trade off.
    HoneyWater wrote: »
    Hello ^^ I'm making this post for fun? i guess. I wanted to see what people thought of some classes you don't see a lot of people main.
    As in
    -Angelic Buster
    -Mihile
    -Jett
    -Mechanic
    Those are the one that i THINK should get some new changes
    I'm pretty sure the reason why people make Angelic Buster is because of her link skills, without her Link skills you'll barely see people Main the class. Her skills seems pretty cool and cute, since she is Angelic Buster, But i think its hard for people to main her since her skills doesn't make a lot of hit lines, that's important for event's when they spawn thing in town and the more hit lines u can make the more faster you can kill it.

I feel like Mihile is the same thing :/ people make him for his Link skills.

I know Jett got revamped like some time ago, but people still doesn't like him, like before the revamped he just looked like another Corsair to me. Now...well i just haven't seen it played at all, and im pretty sure people would make him for his link skills =_="

Mechanic's just have some latency issues i heard. So maybe just fixing that would help.

Just so you know these are just my opinions. These are my Thoughts if you don't agree with me that's fine and i wouldn't mind reading why just don't be such a female dog about it :| . If you want to add on to the list you are welcome to.

Angelic Buster can actually be very very strong, they have crazy high Critical Damage - and now that Star Gazer stacks with Decent / Sharp Eyes, you gain another 8 or more critical damage from that alone. Of course, then you can add Union to the mix for a further 20% critical damage. They are just somewhat tricky, and absolutely require you to roll Attack Speed +1 for you to see any major improvements on the overall DPS.

Mhile has such unique mechanics, I wish they would make this class more viable.

Jett.. well its Jett, they need some love.

Mechanic, I think it's just computer and internet dependent - maybe some network upgrades will see some of the lag come down. They kill such huge portions of teh map that its just allot happening.

Yes i understand how Angelic Buster can be strong at a later time, but the issue with her is she literally does 1 hit line... i feel like nexon should just give her more hit lines in her attack and decrease her attack damage. Since no one wants to play her in what i see. Like i made my friend play maplestory, they end up choosing angelic buster because how adorable or cute she was. They all quit before the 3rd job... well i guess i can blame them for being impatience, but angelic buster is an annoying class just able to do 1 hit line and the only way people can actually enjoy playing her is when they fund her really well and keep playing through her 1 hit wonder lines.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    For Angelic Buster, I think people don't main the class much because she was bad at bossing pre-V patch. V patch fixed the biggest issue with her (low lines + dmg cap - even I was able to hit cap on some bosses pre-V patch lol) but most people just stuck with whatever main they had for the past few years. It's not like the removal of damage cap suddenly made AB's #1 or anything to incentivize people to make one; she's just decent now. And I actually kinda like hitting fewer lines if it means we hit higher numbers per line. I wouldn't mind giving her more lines in exchange for skill % though.

Also, Corsairs are a class that I never ever see lol. I think that I see more Jetts than Corsairs. Doesn't help that Corsairs don't have a link skill, but I still see all of the other Explorer classes pretty often. I actually made one and kinda liked it. But I'm guessing they're not good at bossing or something lol?