[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why not combine all worlds?

starsiclestarsicle
Reactions: 200
edited September 2016 in Rants and Raves
why wont you just combine all the worlds, or have 2 worlds? who is running this company and how stupid can you be to not to this? all worlds are pretty much dead. for god's sake, grow a brain nexon. holy

Comments

• VerusAstrumVerusAstrum
    Reactions: 2,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Actually, most of the servers already have been merged through the server alliance system! I believe it was GMS's way of merging servers without having to tackle the issue of character limits for people who played in multiple servers. :)

The servers are merged as follows:
    • Bera
    • Windia
    • Reboot
    • Broa | Khaini
    • Mardia | Yellonde | Bellocan | Chaos | Kradia | Nova
    • Galicia | Renegades | Arcania | Zenith | El Nado | Demethos
    TiskoIts2Sharp4ULilyflowerOffBeatOddity
  • TiskoTisko
    Reactions: 600
    edited September 2016
    Yes, VersusAstrum they did do that. I think they did an excellent job. Do you realize the data that would be required to merge them all into two servers? That's just ridiculous; especially since it's a world-wide mmorpg and consists of multi-millions of players.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2016
    no more merging!.
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    nty no more merging please!
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Huh. I'm actually wishing for more merges (or rather, alliances). Would liven up the game. GRAZED is pretty deaded...

Maybe not two servers, but five? Reboot, Windia, Scania, Bera, and everyone else?

Or maybe Reboot, Windia, Scania, Bera + Khroa, GRAZEDMYBCKN. I dunno, just anything to breathe life into GRAZED would be nice...

And from what I've been reading, the EMS merge is just them moving their servers onto GMS's server list or something? Doesn't seem like that'd do much for the population of individual dead servers/alliances.

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    we need actual Merges not world alliances
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

I agree, but the logistics of such a move might make such a solution not worth the undertaking. They'd need a way to account for the fact that some people may have filled every server to the brim with characters. Which is entirely possible, what with the name change event last year and the special characters suddenly becoming allowed.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Fennekin
    Fennekin said:

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

I agree, but the logistics of such a move might make such a solution not worth the undertaking. They'd need a way to account for the fact that some people may have filled every server to the brim with characters. Which is entirely possible, what with the name change event last year and the special characters suddenly becoming allowed.
    I mean for the future instead of alliancing worlds just merge them. While it may take more effort the end result would be a lot morw organized and healthier than a world alliance.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016

Yeah, I don't think we need to have much more mergers and it was a great way to handle this without causing more headaches.
    I think when EMS does finally merge we will have allot more people playing into the worlds then ever before.
    Why do you think that? EMS is going to have the same exact content/client. Maybe in Reboot population will pick up but other servers not so much. Unless they make a Reboot server for Europe then population will most likely be the same for our servers.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited September 2016
    On topic:
    I would like to see more population density, yes, but merging worlds isn't exactly the solution I would be looking for. The world alliance I'm in (MYBCKN) tends to be empty in terms of collaborative training/hunting. We are very solo-ist, and I'm beginning to be utterly sick of it. The last time I hunted in a party or group was the Elite Boss event a few months back. I feel like combining server populations would be a inadequate solution because it doesn't address why server populations are low.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    MakazeKiba

On topic:
    I would like to see more population density, yes, but merging worlds isn't exactly the solution I would be looking for. The world alliance I'm in (MYBCKN) tends to be empty in terms of collaborative training/hunting. We are very solo-ist, and I'm beginning to be utterly sick of it. The last time I hunted in a party or group was the Elite Boss event a few months back. I feel like combining server populations would be a inadequate solution because it doesn't address why server populations are low.
    Agreed the game needs to change they need to bring back the party play aspect of training because when they removed that the games population has been in decline since. Also they should give benefits to bossing in a party for all bosses.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2016
    chaoscauser

MakazeKiba

On topic:
    Agreed the game needs to change they need to bring back the party play aspect of training because when they removed that the games population has been in decline since. Also they should give benefits to bossing in a party for all bosses.
    party play is the best than soloing if i remember long time ago we used to get exp while partying if im not mistaken.

• KittiesKitties
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I would honestly like more channels (or instanced mini-dungeons). The game feels dead until you approach a desired map during 2x and only 20 lucky players of the whole server get to enjoy the gains.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    don't forget that you also need a party to kill normal damien (1.2 trillion HP) and normal Lotus ( 2 trillion HP) unless your a maxed out Xenon, don't forget that.

also parties in general make said boss easier and less annoying. I personally think the amount of channels in the normal servers should cut in half.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    I would like world merges given that lots of worlds are dying cuz maple in general is dying. But given the real complications regarding to the number of guilds and etc / mule chars and blah blah -- fm prices and etc its very very annoying. Even with the mass influx of players through world merges -- nothing really will change. PQ's will still be dead, maybe FM will become a bit more lively.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

I would like world merges given that lots of worlds are dying cuz maple in general is dying. But given the real complications regarding to the number of guilds and etc / mule chars and blah blah -- fm prices and etc its very very annoying. Even with the mass influx of players through world merges -- nothing really will change. PQ's will still be dead, maybe FM will become a bit more lively.
    The real issues start with how the game will move forward for new types of equipment, mobs and bosses being all higher level content. It has to attract players and satisfy those conditions. Our market is beyond garbage because we've had CRA for 3 years and Tyrant for 5 years. Let alone the upgrade options being insanely difficult without NX or Events. There's nothing new coming into the market that really causes an impact besides new Permanent NX cosmetics, Gachapon items, or Marvel Machine. Sweetwater, Absolab, and even the coming Arcane Shade Set probably won't cause a huge impact due to stat differences when fully upgraded according to what I've read for the past few weeks.

Not only do we need better content moving forward but we also need to update content that may have been outdated for the past year(s). It's not an easy task for the developers but it is essential for the works of any MMORPG. There needs to be a path (not necessarily linear) that is endless which helps players improve their gear, play-style to the next level.