[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Reboot] Utgard Thief Xenon Weapon

RoshiRoshi
Reactions: 300
edited April 2017 in Bug Reporting
So I just finished enhancing and potting my entire thief pensalir chaser set just to find out that the thief utgard whip blade does not exist on Reboot. Is there a reason for this or is this a bug? If it's too much trouble to implement a thief whip blade at least just make the pirate one part of the thief set. It may be just one equip but the set effect makes a big difference.

Comments

• SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    How did you confirm that the thief utgard whip blade does not exist in reboot?
  • RoshiRoshi
    Reactions: 300
    edited April 2017
    I confirmed it from all the maps in my maple guide. It shows the entire set for both thief and pirate but for the weapon it only shows one, and it's the pirate one. Also lots of other people confirmed it on google. Although idk how reliable those sources are, there's no point for people to lie about that.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I'm not calling you a liar. I just wanted to know how you acquired the data to come to this conclusion. If you can show which steps you went through to come to that conclusion and demonstrate that other people are having the same issue it gives more credibility.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    Hi Roshi,

Our QA team has informed me that the whip blade you're in search of to complete your Pensalir Chaser set is the Utgard Energy Chain.
    Would you be able to confirm with us once you acquire this weapon that it completes your set?

Thank you,

Arwoooo~
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Hi Roshi,

Our QA team has informed me that the whip blade you're in search of to complete your Pensalir Chaser set is the Utgard Energy Chain.
    Would you be able to confirm with us once you acquire this weapon that it completes your set?

Thank you,

Arwoooo~

"once you acquire this weapon"
    Roshi's complaint is that this weapon is UNOBTAINABLE in Reboot.
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited April 2017
    I believe there's a misunderstanding between our QA and the original post.
    The misunderstanding may come from the naming of the weapon in the thread.

Roshi, by "thief utgard whip blade", were you referring to the Utgard Energy Chain?

If this is the case, I will relay the message back to our QA.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Actually, using the pet-ignore search function, I see that there is only one Utgard Energy Chain weapon in the data, and it is part of the "8th Pirate Set".
    So, it's not just an issue in Reboot, but everywhere. There is no Utgard Xenon weapon in the "8th Thief Set".

Steps to reproduce:
    0. Be a Xenon, level 140 or higher.
    1. Acquire Utgard Energy Chain
    2. Acquire Pensalir Skipper Hat
    3. Equip both.
    4. Open Equipment window and hover your cursor over the Utgard Energy Chain. Observe that the right panel of the tooltip shows the hat and weapon highlighted, as well as the set effect for 2 items.
    5. Hover your cursor over the Pensalir Skipper Hat. Observe that the right panel of the tooltip shows the same as it did for the weapon.

6. Acquire Pensalir Chaser Hat and equip it in place of the Pensalir Skipper Hat
    7. Open Equipment window and hover your curosr over the Ugard Energy Chain. Observe that the right panel of the tooltip shows "8th Pirate Set" and only the weapon is highlighted.
    8. Hover your cursor over the Pensalir Chaser Hat. Observe that the right panel of the tooltip shows "8th Thief Set" and only the hat is highlighted.
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited April 2017
    Thank you for the detailed response, AKradian!
    I have forwarded this to our QA team.

*UPDATE*

What steps were taken to reach the conclusion that the weapon is unobtainable in Reboot?

*UPDATE*

We've concluded that the weapon can indeed be found in-game.