NEXON AMERICA INC.
MAPLESTORY LOOK OF THE MONTH CONTEST (APRIL 2017)
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Sponsor: The MAPLESTORY LOOK OF THE MONTH CONTEST (APRIL 2017) (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Nexon America Inc., 222 N. Sepulveda Blvd., Suite 200, El Segundo, CA 90245 (the “Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to current players of Sponsor’s MapleStory game (the “Game”) who: (a) are at least thirteen (13) years of age as of the start of the Promotion Period (defined below); (b) are legal residents of a country that is within the service region of Sponsor’s Game (entrants may check whether their country of residence is within the service region by visiting https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/204080189-MapleStory-Region-Limitations
; and (c) have never been banned or suspended, or had an account banned or suspended, for hacking or similar violations of Sponsor’s terms of service. Any entrant that is under the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence must have their parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate in the Promotion, and must provide evidence of such permission to Sponsor in whatever form required if requested by Sponsor. Employees, officers and directors of Nexon America Inc., its affiliated companies, agents thereof, the immediate family of any such person (defined as parents, children, siblings and husband or wife), or those with whom such person(s) are domiciled, are not eligible to participate. The Promotion is void where prohibited.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Promotion constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Promotion begins at the time the Promotion is announced on the Sponsor’s thread dedicated to the Promotion (the “Thread”) on Sponsor’s forum at http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11422/april-look-of-the-month-contest?new=1
(the “Forum”) and ends on April 25th, 2017 at 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time (the “Promotion Period”). Submissions that are submitted before or after the Promotion Period will be disqualified. Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeping device for this Promotion. Entrants are responsible for calculating the difference in time zones.
5. How to Participate: To participate in the Promotion, entrants should capture a screenshot image of their MapleStory character dressed in participant’s favorite Game outfit and upload that image to Sponsor’s Official MapleStory forums submission thread at http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11422/april-look-of-the-month-contest?new=1
(the “Submission Thread”). Participants should include their in-game name, Game world, and a brief description of their character’s chosen outfit in their submission post in order to be eligible to win.
6. Submission Requirements. All images submitted to Sponsor as part of the Promotion must comply with the following Content Guidelines. Any submission that violates these guidelines will not be eligible to be judged or awarded a prize:
Content Guidelines - the image must:
a. Be uploaded to the Submission Thread;
b. Not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement;
c. Not in any way disparage Sponsor, any of its products or services, the Promotion, or any person or party affiliated with the Promotion, or alternatively appear to promote any direct competitor of Sponsor;
d. Not contain text or imagery that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion);
e. Not include threats (expressed or implied) to any person, place, business, or group;
f. Not violate the privacy rights or any other rights of any person, business, or group;
g. Not name or depict any real life third party without his/her permission;
h. Not contain text or imagery that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
i. Not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the image is created.
Limit one (1) submission per person or Forum account. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible or misdirected image, which will be disqualified/not counted (as applicable), or for any error, whether human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion, such as using automated submission or image generation software, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of Nexon.net ID account that is used to register for the Forum will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address that registered for the Nexon.net account.
7. Intellectual Property: By submitting the image as part of this Promotion, each entrant acknowledges and agrees to the following:
a. Entrant irrevocably grants to the Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use the image or any part thereof as-is or edited (with or without using any entrant’s name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from any entrant or any other party.
b. Entrant forever waives any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Sponsor’s use of the image, or require any entrant’s permission for the Sponsor to use the image.
c. Entrant agrees not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against the Sponsor on the grounds that use of the image, or any derivative works thereof, infringes any rights that any entrant or third party may have as creator (or co-creator) of the image including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights and moral rights.
d. Entrant irrevocably grants to Sponsor, its agents, licensees and assigns an unconditional, worldwide, royalty-free and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to use the entrant’s name, image, voice and other likenesses that are included in the image or which are shared with Sponsor as part of entrant’s participation in the Promotion, in any media now known or later invented for any commercial purpose, including without limitation advertising or marketing of Sponsor’s products and services, without further compensation or the right to approve such uses.