[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Launcher crashing

innikuinniku
Reactions: 300
edited April 2017 in Tech Support
Win7 Ultimate x64
HP 8440p elitebook
4gb ram
240gb SSD
NVidia nvs 3100 M dedicated graphics
All updates, less the Get Windows 10 (GWX) spyware (telemetry)crap.

The message I get trying to install the Nexon Launcher is......

Nexon Launcher
Patch failed:
(u'nexon_launcher.exe', IOError(13, 'Permission denied'))
OK

^^^
This is a copy/paste from the popup dialogue window trying to get the, forced, Nexon launcher to load/install

I have 'take ownership' registry add and can promise, I have and can grant full permission to any directory on the drive.
This error started with letting the launcher to install to its own folder. Gave the same error message (as above).

Uninstalled failed instal, I tried installing to a sub folder to the Nexon one that already exists, the game worked from, updates could be applied to (working writable folder, sys, admin, user, guest) and still get the same error above.

I cannot get Nexon launcher to work. Game launcher works still but, seems to be in an update loop.

Comments

• innikuinniku
    Reactions: 300
    edited April 2017
    I've tried a few times since above to get the launcher to work (uninstall, reinstall) but, it fails every times.

This is the nexon_updater_debug text file
    2017-04-09 10:33:36,809:WARNING: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Nexon\\ Launcher\\patch\\10000.manifest.hash'
    2017-04-09 10:33:38,729:WARNING: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Nexon\\ Launcher\\patch\\10000.manifest.hash'
    2017-04-09 10:34:15,497:ERROR: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Nexon\\ Launcher\\nexon_launcher.exe'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "contenttools\downloader.pyc", line 149, in worker
      File "contenttools\downloader.pyc", line 96, in download_file_by_urls
      File "contenttools\filesystem.pyc", line 47, in move_file
      File "shutil.pyc", line 302, in move
      File "shutil.pyc", line 130, in copy2
      File "shutil.pyc", line 83, in copyfile
    IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Nexon\\ Launcher\\nexon_launcher.exe'

(That is an unfortunate color choice for the code text box)
  • yaboyoliveryaboyoliver
    Reactions: 660
    edited April 2017
    inniku wrote: »
    I've tried a few times since above to get the launcher to work (uninstall, reinstall) but, it fails every times.

This is the nexon_updater_debug text file
    2017-04-09 10:33:36,809:WARNING: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Nexon\\ Launcher\\patch\\10000.manifest.hash'
    2017-04-09 10:33:38,729:WARNING: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Nexon\\ Launcher\\patch\\10000.manifest.hash'
    2017-04-09 10:34:15,497:ERROR: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Nexon\\ Launcher\\nexon_launcher.exe'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "contenttools\downloader.pyc", line 149, in worker
      File "contenttools\downloader.pyc", line 96, in download_file_by_urls
      File "contenttools\filesystem.pyc", line 47, in move_file
      File "shutil.pyc", line 302, in move
      File "shutil.pyc", line 130, in copy2
      File "shutil.pyc", line 83, in copyfile
    IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Nexon\\ Launcher\\nexon_launcher.exe'

(That is an unfortunate color choice for the code text box)

Hi, thanks for the detailed report we will pass this along.