[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher not working. Networking error

Roni777Roni777
Reactions: 1,180
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2017 in Bug Reporting
I have been playing maplestory since december 2016 on reboot server. Since around yesterday, I cannot execute the nexon launcher. It says : Error : An unknown network error occured. I don't know if this is a bug on Nexon Launcher or in need of tech support. Please help, as have also spent my money on your game, so i hope you can help as as soon as possible, as i am one of your customer.

14d3808.jpg

This is from the nexon_updater_debugger hopefuly can help
651jco.jpg

Help pls. Internet is stable. i have tried ping using "ping google.com -t" and all connection is good, no request time out. But somehow when i tried "ping nexon.net" or "ping maplestory.nexon.net", it says request time out.

internet connection speed from speedtest.net
2uh7mev.jpg

ping using "ping google.com -t"
2uzqx45.jpg

ping using "ping nexon.net -t"
2gycaad.jpg

Ping to nexon.net is timed out and so to maplestory.nexon.net also timed out. But i still can access nexon.net and maplestory.nexon.net using google chrome browser. I also also have no problems opening any websites like youtube, facebook and all other websites using googlechrome or firefox mozzilla. Also there is no problem at watching videos at youtube. I have been trying reinstalling the nexon launcher 5 times but it still shows the same error.

Additional Information, I have maplestory on 2 of my computers. 1 computer is using windows 7 and the others using windows 8.1. Both disconnecting on the same time while i was playing yesterday. And when I tried to launch the Nexon Launcher again, the same error happening on both of the computers.

Comments

• TwizzzlersTwizzzlers
    Reactions: 2,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Hello, have you tried resetting your network browser? If so they try and redownload the game. They recently took off gamelauncher so it should bring up steam which you can play.
  • TwizzzlersTwizzzlers
    Reactions: 2,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Hello, have you tried resetting your network browser? If so they try and redownload the game. They recently took off gamelauncher so it should bring up steam which you can play.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    network browser?do you mean the resetting googlechrome and firefox browser? i am using Nexon Launcher. I can't even open up the Nexon Launcher. so not possible to uninstall the game. but i will try uninstalling the game manually from the folder. hope it will let me open the Nexon Launcher. Note: Have just tried uninstall manually, but there is no uninstall files on the maplestory folders. Probably because I used Nexon Launcher to download it. I also tried to uninstall it using windows uninstall program/application, but there is no maplestory application in it. Only Nexon Launcher. But i will try Uninstall Nexon Launcher first then deleting all maplestory files manually. Another tries, i have tried to uninstall Nexon Launcher and then delete all maplestory files and folders. After that downloading Nexon Launcher again from Nexon website and instaledl it. It still says the same error which i mentioned above
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Problem solved. The problem was on my ISP. EVenthough i still can browsing and watching youtube without trouble, it seems there was a trouble on the connection. so when i called my ISP, they realise there is trouble and they fixed it. now i can online and play maple without any trouble anymore. Also i sent tickets and got fast reply. thanks for the help. CHeers. case closed. Problem solved