[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

EU Reboot server

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Why would someone from Europe, after the merge, want to join an already populated server with bad ping for them?

The whole fun of reboot is being there from the start, not hopping in after a merge and being so behind, its not motivating and people would give up, specially with the item pickup lag on NA servers.

Give the people what they want, give us rEUboot.

And yet, some (many?) Europeans did join NA Reboot.

Your argument would have been a lot more convincing before or shortly after the merge.
  • BloomBurstBloomBurst
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2017
    I took a 4 month (maybe more) long brake from Maple Story, since I fell in love with a game called Paladins, the game is super fun, and I ignored Maple Story since its such a grind. I found very old discussions about this topic, regarding a Reboot world in EU, mainly not long after the merge: Will there be a Reboot world in the EU server? It was confirmed that it will be added in the near future. Here I comeback hoping for that, and here I stand and ask this question myself:

Was this project cancelled?

Edit:
    Oops, I wanted to make a thread with these words, but I have no clue why its here, but I do hope someone will respond since this thread is strongly related to wath I wanna know.
  • EmilEmil
    Reactions: 1,200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Any update on this?

Honestly, just saying anything at all is better than nothing, no matter what it is.
  • BfortbattleBfortbattle
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited June 2017
    Okhura wrote: »
    I'll ask if there are any updates.

Still no answer? Been over a month now, nexon would've already sent me an e-mail saying the matter is forwarded by now.
    Forwarded to the thrashcan that is.
  • OzPitOzPit
    Reactions: 520
    edited July 2017
    I'm a EU player, I really love the reboot system, but Can't play it...cuz I have so much delay on picking items and using potions while playing in NA server...we need a Reboot world in EU server plz..
  • TimesRefluxTimesReflux
    Reactions: 555
    edited July 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Why would someone from Europe, after the merge, want to join an already populated server with bad ping for them?

The whole fun of reboot is being there from the start, not hopping in after a merge and being so behind, its not motivating and people would give up, specially with the item pickup lag on NA servers.

Give the people what they want, give us rEUboot.

And yet, some (many?) Europeans did join NA Reboot.

Your argument would have been a lot more convincing before or shortly after the merge.

Well your point would be valid if there was an NA reboot and an EU reboot to choose from and the majority went with the NA one...
  • xCoraxCora
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited July 2017
    i would really hope for a eu reboot server
    i cant stand to fight a invisible and only flashing vellum.....
    looting lagg makes everything impossible to do without a pet ( try to use my snail only when i really need to loot a lot..)

and a fresh start what is so bad about it ?
    you know some people wanted to start fresh but got discouraged by the fact we would be already over 1 year behind everyone else
    they wont expierience the same trill like does guys that first manage to get cra gear there
    or the first ht run with a whole guild :D

now when i log into reboot i always see *Looking for cvell carry*, *Looking for hmag carry*, *Selling cra and hellux carry* and not to froget
    botters everywhere. they need to change their security every week since they always release new bypass codes shortly after a new patch.

if you check youtube you find tutorial how to hack maple everywhere, they really need to work against that.

maybe even ask privat server what they do against hacker since they also have some good anti hacker detect system.

any way i would really like to have some updates here cant wait to start fresh with a clean slate :D
  • AlmightymagikarpAlmightymagikarp
    Reactions: 620
    edited July 2017
    I would love a reboot server, the system is so fun. I keep coming back to maple every 4 month but it gets stale very fast.
    But with reboot the grind seems worth. probably will take a break till we hear from reboot cuz simply put the original game is not fun any more
    the whole friendship thing is out the window, every single aspect of the game is solo and you get punished if you do it in a party of friends.
    Hate to see a game i loved go like this
    Lets hope for Reboot.
  • DiscordOfColorsDiscordOfColors
    Reactions: 965
    edited July 2017
    Agreed with what the previous person said, I would also like to get a reply from arwoo, OneLetter or Savageace preferably from savageace on this matter since he is the product manager of maplestory (if im not mistaken o.o)

since you're a VFM now do you have any insights about it? do we or do we not get get it *eventually*?
  • MajmanMajman
    Reactions: 660
    edited July 2017
    It's insane how they tease us with a EU reboot in a Q&A and then doesn't give us any information on the matter afterwards.

Me and 4 of my friends are waiting for a EU reboot since NA is laggy and is overcrowded which makes the lag even worse and why bother investing time into a NA server when we (probably?) will get our own server sooner or later.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2017
    Majman wrote: »
    Me and 4 of my friends are waiting for a EU reboot since NA is laggy and is overcrowded which makes the lag even worse and why bother investing time into a NA server when we (probably?) will get our own server sooner or later.

Honestly hope that if an EU Reboot happens, the timezones could be separated along with it. UTC's obviously just fine for Europeans but it's horrible for the American population.
  • BfortbattleBfortbattle
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited July 2017
    Asked a GM during the GM-event he said it's still being discussed *sigh* takes ages
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited July 2017
    Agreed with what the previous person said, I would also like to get a reply from arwoo, OneLetter or Savageace preferably from savageace on this matter since he is the product manager of maplestory (if im not mistaken o.o)

since you're a VFM now do you have any insights about it? do we or do we not get get it *eventually*?

All i know is that it is still being discussed :/
  • MajmanMajman
    edited July 2017
    Asked a GM during the GM-event he said it's still being discussed *sigh* takes ages

Can mean anything, they might release it tomorrow or in a year.
  • TimesRefluxTimesReflux
    Reactions: 555
    edited July 2017
    EU just constantly gets no attention... Nexon, just drop a dead NA server via a merge, then use that money to buy a server in the EU, make rEUboot, ???, profit.
  • MajmanMajman
    edited July 2017
    EU just constantly gets no attention... Nexon, just drop a dead NA server via a merge, then use that money to buy a server in the EU, make rEUboot, ???, profit.

Well they would for sure make money from doing a EU server but they might think their server issues they already have is to much of a issue so they don't want to make an other one until they fixes that and that can take forever.
  • xCoraxCora
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited July 2017
    remember when they closed a server to fix this issuse (suprem world) and it didnt fix anything.

im sure 1 server that isnt even really conected to na server is going to affect them soo much.

but at least we know they still have it in mind even though i wished they would hurry up. we are missing some really good events right now :S
    overrider damageskin looks so nice would have love to had it on my new reboot char </3
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    ManiOh, what do you mean? forced, how? A new server with good ping for EU players, some will put money in it yes but it's not P2W so i don't see the problem in a new server.

I would KINDA agree with you if we were talking about a "Luna 2" server since it's basically P2W on the standard servers.

yea exact what you said good server (decent ping and all that ) but we cant see that on normal server or any other why EU reboot will be better? + we cant even have our EU time as we wanted ... so yea

i dont care for p2w thing as people make their own decision i dont care if someone goes and spend thousands of euro/dollars to make his/her items, good for them

i just care and want to log and enjoy with my friends without worry of lag/bugs/hackers and other things we face for years after all YES bring EU Reboot but if its all same then whats the point ?

ps: i did try/play for a bit GMS reboot and with my super known bad net wasnt that bad almost same as normal server so yea people can play eazy GMS reboot if want
  • MajmanMajman
    edited July 2017
    @ManiOh

Depends where in the world you are, i can play rather fine at low levels. Small de-sync but playable but later on when theres alot more stuff on the ground, animations and what not it's really hard to enjoy it.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    @ManiOh

Depends where in the world you are, i can play rather fine at low levels. Small de-sync but playable but later on when theres alot more stuff on the ground, animations and what not it's really hard to enjoy it.

am close to the mid part of eu and true its not perfect but its playable enough so people can get idea of reboot
    (also that many items on ground its allready a issue in main server with pet loot lag )

again am not against Reboot style ,but i see it as add more problems to one we have