[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher stays minimized

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2017 in Tech Support
New problem on my Windows 7 laptop that's been running Nexon Launcher and Maplestory fine for the past 3 weeks: when I run Nexon Launcher it shows me the login screen, accepts the login, and then minimizes itself to the task bar. Clicking it, or alt-tabbing to it, don't bring it back. Hovering over the icon shows the full MapleStory page, but there's no way to get it to display that so I can click the Play button.

Tried restarting my computer, didn't change anything.

Any solution?

Edit: this only occurs on one account (which happens to be my main). I can log in to other accounts and the launcher behaves normally and lets me launch the game.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled the Nexon Launcher, and now the window stays open. But it wants to download MapleStory. I tried copying the game files from C:\Nexon\MapleStory to C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata but that didn't change its mind.

Any ideas?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Another update: I created a brand new Nexon ID, used that to log into the launcher, and only then it detected my old Maple installation and was willing to import it.

Can we please have GameLauncher back? The Nexon Launcher is so much more trouble-prone and for no extra functionality (at least for me).
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I don't think my laptop even has "Tablet mode", and anyway it didn't minimize anything but Nexon Launcher. It didn't even minimize Nexon Launcher for any account other than my main. This is definitely something the Nexon Launcher itself chose to do, Rhinne only knows why.

I did uninstall, reboot, and reinstall. Any decent application's uninstall procedure should remove its registry entries. Then again, this is Nexon, and I admit I didn't check whether the uninstall cleaned everything up.
  • por98paketespor98paketes
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2017
    im having the same issue, and i fixed it reinstalling the Nexon Launcher but it gave me another problem, i have to download maplestory again, i dont know why this keep going in this PC, its a new PC and im having this issue, i dont kow what to do because Maplestory need 9 gb to install, that's a lot of time downloading,

please help :(