[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Remove LGBT Censorship in In-Game chat

Comments

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,155
    edited April 14
    Is c8 still censored lol? And was Pianus always censored? I swear I use to have a guildie named blowmypianus way back in the day (I think the L was actually an i). Would be hilarious if Nexon censored the name of their boss just because people made jokes like that lmao.

Also, I'm pretty sure "gay" is still widely used as a way to voice discontent/as an insult lol. Not that it should be censored because of that, especially since we're more open to that sort of thing nowadays.

And yeah, same-sex marriage would be nice. Mainly because there are gender-locked classes (*cough* AB) (no one plays Mihile, let's be real) that are, ironically, forced to marry someone of their same irl gender lol.
  • SealSeal
    Reactions: 740
    edited April 14
    A filter system that can be just be toggled on/off would be nice.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • BXLBXL
    Reactions: 840
    edited 2:01AM
    Seal wrote: »
    Seal wrote: »

Isn't it there for the younger players or something? O_o
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 745
    edited 3:02AM
    BXL wrote: »
    Isn't it there for the younger players or something? O_o

Many newer MMOs have a toggle option and I would posit that the average age of a Maplestory player is higher then the average age of a newer MMO. I don't see any value in filtering words that children use with their friends in School.

Support for either a toggle for disabling the filter or the removal of many of the words from it.

Should most likely keep a few of the especially bad words on it I suppose.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited 10:18AM
    Only to be spammed by smegas
  • AlexFAlexF
    Reactions: 2,755
    edited 10:46AM
    Only to be spammed by smegas

You can already spam it with Smega by adding characters to bypass the filter.