[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

being prompted to update

DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
Reactions: 8,980
edited April 2017 in Tech Support
anyone else being prompted to "update" maplestory but it's the 9 gig file?

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    edited April 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    That happened to me once, dood. I just played a better game while waiting for this garbage launcher to do whatever stupid things it has to do.

but 9 gigs again, i was playing like 2-3 hours ago
  • CartCart
    Reactions: 200
    edited May 2017
    Mine keeps doing the same thing, contacted chat and logged a ticket, go the same ole "We understand how frustrating this is" blah blah blah but no one can give answers as to why I have to redownload the whole game once a week even tho I could be on it literally minutes before
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    edited May 2017
    Cart wrote: »
    Mine keeps doing the same thing, contacted chat and logged a ticket, go the same ole "We understand how frustrating this is" blah blah blah but no one can give answers as to why I have to redownload the whole game once a week even tho I could be on it literally minutes before

What theyve told me before is that there was a file that had been corrupted, but the problem with mine was that since i have it saved on a ssd drive flash drive, the nexon launcher sometimes looks for maplestory file under c drive where it's not there, so since it's empty, nexon launcher tries to download it but it is already on the g drive, so downloading it again on the c drive corrupts the file, so when this happened to me, i had to delete it from the g drive (flash drive) for it to work after it was downloaded.