[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Scheduled Nexon-wide Service Maintenance - Apr 19

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 19,100
    edited April 14
    Sparklee wrote: »
    Sounds good, though attendance would be nice to be extended, as well as nx items with expiry (like FM stores and such)

Cash items are always extended by the amount of time the game was unavailable.
    Unfortunately, non-cash items don't get extended, mastery continues to decay, time-dependent content is missed, etc. Downtime is never fun.
    Typing a long email address every time, instead of a short user ID, is also not fun.

Detrivance wrote: »
    A simpler solution for those who are not able to access their email that they signed up their account with.
    1. Log in and go to http://www.nexon.net/account/account-settings/
    2. Check what the email is on your account
    3. Go to that email service and remake the email
    4. Through nexon account settings, reset your email to your preferred email
    5. Confirm the change on the email that you just remade as well as new account email
    6. ???
    7. Continue playing nexon games

That only works in very few cases.
    If the service no longer exists or you lost access to it (for example, it was a mailbox provided by a school you no longer attend, or an ISP you no longer use), you can't do this.
    If the mailbox still exists but you've forgotten the password to it, you can't do this, either.
  • OrionTempestOrionTempest
    Reactions: 435
    edited April 14
    And because I don't remember what I put for the security questions 10 years ago, I can't change the email attached to my account, and I can't remake it.

So I guess I'm quitting with this. Thanks.
    justsomeoneTubaJubJub
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited April 14
    Nexon's weeding out the non-devoted players now.
    justsomeone
  • AKradianAKradian
    edited April 14
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    Nexon's weeding out the non-devoted players now.

I guess too many people survived the migration to Nexon Launcher.
    justsomeoneIvangold
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited April 14
    One wrote: »
    "We only need to verify your full name, date of birth, and photo on the ID. " (https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/204554239)

So you can verify the first 2 by checking it against what's on file but I don't think you guys have pictures of what we look like on file....

What if I forgot all of those.. I lost one of my account the old one cos i really forgot then I lost one also in Europe MS because I put another name , not my real name. Why didn't they use the way like Gmail or Microsoft did..like asking the second email address and phone # , and they will send the code so u can change with new password.

• AKradianAKradian
    edited April 15
    Know what's really hilarious?
    This important message is getting spammed in-game, tweeted, posted on fb, posted in bright red on top of every forums page, they even got the subreddit to put it on top as a red announcement. In addition to the normal posting on the website's News section.
    What's the only place it's not mentioned?
    Can you guess?
    That's right, the Nexon Launcher!
    The thing that was supposed to be the place Nexon puts all important information to make sure ALL players see it.
    Or so we were told.
    Apparently it's low-priority ad copy only. Real, relevant, important notices go everywhere but there.
    _Cas_
  • Kairoxursox2Kairoxursox2
    Reactions: 100
    edited April 15
    Meanwhile many of us are still waiting for the maintenance to talk about the burning character issue...hopefully before the event ends
  • AKradianAKradian
    edited April 15
    Three more things:

1. From the notice, it is not clear to me when and how those "change your ID to an email address" windows are supposed to appear. Is this something I'm supposed to do ahead of time (and if so, where?)? Will they pop up in the Nexon Launcher after I've logged in using my ID?

2. How do I know whether my email address is verified or not? I'd really rather not have to wait to be asked to verify it, because I expect lots of other people to be doing it at the same time, and quite frankly I expect Nexon's mail server to crash.

3. Please use the 12-hour downtime on the 19th to move server time back to PDT. It is the perfect time to do it, since the game servers (including game database) don't even have to be up for testers.

• AlexFAlexF
    Reactions: 2,755
    edited April 15
    AKradian wrote: »
    This important message is getting spammed in-game, tweeted, posted on fb, posted in bright red on top of every forums page, they even got the subreddit to put it on top as a red announcement. In addition to the normal posting on the website's News section.
    Can you guess?
    The thing that was supposed to be the place Nexon puts all important information to make sure ALL players see it.
    Or so we were told.
    Apparently it's low-priority ad copy only. Real, relevant, important notices go everywhere but there.

Capture.png

Isn't this in the launcher for you?
    Three more things:
    2. How do I know whether my email address is verified or not? I'd really rather not have to wait to be asked to verify it, because I expect lots of other people to be doing it at the same time, and quite frankly I expect Nexon's mail server to crash.

Edit: I had to go check on another account before I posted this.

Under "Your Account" > "Account Settings" when you add an email in that field a Bracket with (Pending Verification) pops up.

I was going to change something back in the day and noticed my email was still (Pending Verification) and I sent another email to myself and verified it. I would assume if you want to be proactive you'd go into this menu and add an email.

From the notice, it looks like it will ask you to confirm the email again after the maintenance is complete. Not sure about this part, new territory for everyone it seems.
  • AKradianAKradian
    edited April 15
    AlexF wrote: »
    Can you guess?
    Or so we were told.

Capture.png

Isn't this in the launcher for you?

Oh, what do you know, it is.
    Way down in the bottom, if I care to scroll past the game description and system requirements, that never change.
    In tiny text that hardly stands out.
    Yes, good way to make sure everyone sees the news before clicking on PLAY and minimizing the launcher.

Thanks for the info on the email.