[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Scheduled Nexon-wide Service Maintenance - Apr 19

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 19,100
    edited April 17
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    Is it only the login process that will be affected or will I be assigned a new random "ID" that's shown ingame when hovering above your IGN, like the new accounts have? Currently it shows my old user ID even when I am logged in via my email address.

OneLetter wrote above (in response to a different question) "We'll still have previous data in our system after this adjustment." So I assume your ID will remain the same.
    I have an old account that was compromized in the big MTS leak, and had its username "disabled" so only email login is possible. It still shows the old, unusable, username when I hover over the IGN.
  • AngelRose59AngelRose59
    Reactions: 830
    edited April 17
    AKradian wrote: »
    @AngelRose59 , don't worry.
    All characters will remain untouched, whether they are level 1 or 250.

The "username" that is being referred to here is a "Nexon ID".
    Many years ago, in order to register for Nexon games, you had to make up a name, your "username", besides your email address. You would log in to the Nexon website or to the game by typing in this name and your password. Obviously, once you were in the game, you could create many characters and give them all different names, not related to the "username".

After some years, they changed it so that your "Nexon ID" is your email, no need for an extra "username".
    If you made your account within the last few years, then you are already logging in with an email address, and nothing will change for you.

We do lose 12 hours of gameplay (at least) and forums and website too. We will see whether any events get extended or any compensation will be given out. For now, nothing has been announced.

Thank You Very Much!!! I really appreciate you getting back to me :D

I have most of my accounts on the North American Servers, but I have one account on LUNA the European Server, is anything going to change for the European Server?

NotoriousGMB
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 3,825
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 17

Thank You Very Much!!! I really appreciate you getting back to me :D

I have most of my accounts on the North American Servers, but I have one account on LUNA the European Server, is anything going to change for the European Server?

An account isn't the same as a character; you can have multiple characters per account (up to 40 characters per world, giving a grand total of 760 possible characters). Nothing will change for your character on Luna as long as it's part of the same account.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited April 17
    Tuba wrote: »
    Tuba wrote: »
    Welp there goes my beta account. I can't access my old email from when I signed up with my beta account because I had canceled my service with my email provider over 10 years ago lols.

Also, I'm not even sure if my main account is secure because a few months ago when I logged in, I would get a pop up message saying "this account is not verified" but I'm pretty sure my account is.

yikes

You can talk to live chat support about changing the email for the account.

They do that? How would they verify the account though?

They ask you a bunch of questions to try to confirm that you're the real owner of the account. They also ask you to send them some form of ID (like driver's license or passport). And then they'll set the email to whatever you tell them.

Wow cool I didn't think that was possible lol
    AngelRose59
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited April 17
    Detrivance wrote: »
    A simpler solution for those who are not able to access their email that they signed up their account with.

1. Log in and go to http://www.nexon.net/account/account-settings/
    2. Check what the email is on your account
    3. Go to that email service and remake the email
    4. Through nexon account settings, reset your email to your preferred email
    5. Confirm the change on the email that you just remade as well as new account email
    6. ???
    7. Continue playing nexon games

I have an old account which was locked for security reasons and I can't unlock it because the email has been deleted by the provider and they don't offer @live.com extensions anymore to remake it... So the ticket solution is actually pretty helpful.
  • MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 300
    edited April 18
    Detrivance wrote: »
    A simpler solution for those who are not able to access their email that they signed up their account with.

1. Log in and go to http://www.nexon.net/account/account-settings/
    2. Check what the email is on your account
    3. Go to that email service and remake the email
    4. Through nexon account settings, reset your email to your preferred email
    5. Confirm the change on the email that you just remade as well as new account email
    6. ???
    7. Continue playing nexon games

Thanks man you saved me a lot of headache and trouble trying to figure out how to save my old account and it worked so I'm very happy, Thank you very much. :)
  • justsomeonejustsomeone
    Reactions: 505
    edited April 18
    I sent a ticket as we were asked to do here, asking to change the e-mail to a 12 years old account. I even attached passport scan to confirm my identity.
    as a result, nexon stole my account. I do not have an access to it or the old e-mail (this was the reason for e-mail change request), I am getting an error message that the account does not exist or the password is wrong. it was a level 225 Kanna.
    please think 10 times before you play this game !
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 19,100
    edited April 18
    I sent a ticket as we were asked to do here, asking to change the e-mail to a 12 years old account. I even attached passport scan to confirm my identity.
    as a result, nexon stole my account. I do not have an access to it or the old e-mail (this was the reason for e-mail change request), I am getting an error message that the account does not exist or the password is wrong. it was a level 225 Kanna.

Try logging in using the new email that you asked them to change it to.
  • justsomeonejustsomeone
    Reactions: 505
    edited April 18

Try logging in using the new email that you asked them to change it to.

I did, its not working , I am getting the same error : the account does not exist or your password is wrong

• RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited April 19
    our old EMS account usernames are gone and are something like 45465@nexon.net_NXEU