x-post from reddit
Players in Reboot are very limited with the amount of damage that they can get from equips due to Reboot's restrictions. As such, in order for end-game bosses to be possible (Lucid, Hard Lotus, Hard Damien) many external buffs need to be used. All of the mentioned bosses have a 5 second potion cooldown, making reusing multiple external buff potions unviable. Even for mid-game players, buff freezers would be useful in boss fights like hard magnus/CRA. Buff freezers are useful to players at all stages of the game, but are a necessity for end-game bosses.
A few reasons why Reboot should have access to buff freezers:
• KMS Reboot has had them in cash shop permanently since V patch
• Non-Reboot servers have an NPC in town
that allows them to purchase 3 buff freezers daily for 1,000,000 mesos each
• There have been Cash Shop Events
allowing Reboot players to purchase buff freezers for meso in the cash shop in past, but these sales were only limited to 1-2 days, with a duration of 1 week
• Hard to obtain buffs (apples, hunters, V buffs, etc) are a valuable resource that are a necessary damage boost, that are only obtainable through events or daily quests
• Nexon has shown they're ok with giving out buff freezers from recent events (artifact/golden rocket rider events)
• Adding buff freezers to Reboot will not break the game
Adding buff freezers to Reboot is a much needed quality of life change that would help the majority of the playerbase. Given that KMS Reboot got them as a permanent addition to their cash shop almost a year ago, there is no reason why we shouldn't have buff freezers in GMS Reboot.