[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Favorite Moments?

MewBlueberryMewBlueberry
Reactions: 850
edited April 15 in Maple Lore
What are some of your favorite moments in Maple's storylines?

My personal favorite would have to be Gelimer forcing his robots to self-destruct with you... Only for them to gain emotions and latch onto their "father", blowing him up instead. After all the crap he puts you through in Black Heaven, it feels soooo good. I couldn't have possibly come up with a better punishment.

Pretty much anything that Angelic Buster says in her questlines is pure gold too.
Agent_Dragonfury

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 4,330
    Nexon
    edited April 18
    Id have to say my favourite lore would be that of killian and morgan le fay, the short story is very well written and helps give the headless horseman an awesome background, 2 lovers together forever, one as the horseman and one as the noble steed, poetic. Though its strange how he isnt present within masteria through time as (based on his background) he was supposed to be there at the time.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,446
    edited April 20
    LqINle4.gif

lol for real though, Secret Stories surprised the hell out of me. I actually almost passed on it. Since it was an event that was supposedly one-off, I thought it'd be low-effort garbage. But goddam, it played more cinematically than Black Heaven! They made actual cg portraits for the major characters (with different facial expressions, no less) rather than just enlarging their sprite. The music was on f-ing point (I heard some of it was recycled, but still, it really enhanced the atmosphere). Everyone stayed perfectly in-character (Stan hating whippersnappers, Phantom being sarcastic and witty but kind, etc.) and even had their backstories expanded upon. The characters introduced in the story had colorful backgrounds and had their personalities developed well despite the short amount of time they had. The sprite animations and scripted cutscenes (example above lol). And the humor was there, but not really cringey/forced/in-your-face/oversaturated (imagine Dunkey's comments on Andromeda's attempts at humor lol). The hunters' accents stand out. As do some of the dialogue choices in Maid to Order.

I liked Heroes of Maple for a lot of the same reasons. Portraits for the main characters, fitting music, the heroes staying in-character, a good bit of humor (everyone suspecting Phantom of lifting gold when it was actually the poor farm boy and his dragon lol), and them expanding upon the heroes' personalities, motivations, and relationship with each other. Phantom and Luminous especially. That huge argument that they had (which led to a fight) had me 100% engaged in the story lol. I wasn't a fan of the laser minigame though. Was kinda annoying.
    MaplerOver9000Agent_Dragonfury
  • cooliouscoolious
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2
    What are some of your favorite moments in Maple's storylines?

My personal favorite would have to be Gelimer forcing his robots to self-destruct with you... Only for them to gain emotions and latch onto their "father", blowing him up instead. After all the crap he puts you through in Black Heaven, it feels soooo good. I couldn't have possibly come up with a better punishment.

Pretty much anything that Angelic Buster says in her questlines is pure gold too.

I have to agree with you, Mew. I get a crack out of Angelic Buster's comments on certain things and how she reacts xD!!

If I had to choose a moment, it would be in the Black Heaven questline where Checky's ships were still not working, and he would turn his face and be furious. It's actually the best, because you don't expect him to be so ragey when he's in that teddy hat.
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 930
    edited June 16
    I love pretty much anything in any of the six heroes storylines. I've been pretty much obsessed with them since Aran ccame out, and I got so hyped with each one of their releases. That's why I love the Heroes of Maple storyline so much.

Having said that, my single most favourite moment would have to be in Act 3, when Phantom and Luminous started fighting. It started off so tense, but it still showed their dynamic. I especially love how the two of them were fighting, and then Mercedes, who wanted to break it up, just ends up joining in and escalating it. Those three have got to be my favourite trio ever.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited June 21
    Mine would be the original Masteria lore, not the fanfiction blockbuster we got.
    MaplerOver9000ChingTheMonkey
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,505
    edited June 22
    The part of Heroes of Maple where Damien and Demon Slayer meet again after such a long time wherein DS thought his younger brother had died. I love how emotional it was, how clearly their brotherly love for each other showed. I especially loved how it humanized and gave character to an otherwise stereotypically evil because evil character; it showed off Damien's insecurities and even a bit of self-loathing but also his unwavering will. I love how it also managed to show off the conflict between the two because of their different paths shaped by a singular event that left marks on them, good and bad. Everything about that one little scene gave so much perspective on the whole HoM arc and made the ending even more of a gut punch. It just took my breath away.
    Agent_Dragonfury
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,446
    edited July 12
    Jesus... I just replayed the Explorer questline on my breakthrough char (a Hero). I just loved everything about it. Exposition of the characters and Black Mage was spot on, humor was there ("Thief" with a capital T!), dialogue choices actually affected the dialogue (even though it didn't really affect the story, I liked that the characters ACTUALLY REACT to what you have to say, as opposed to lach where no matter what you choose gas mask guy's like "yeah w/e"), characters were reasonably fleshed out (Tess is a laid back old dude, Olive's a spunky bumpkin, Rondo's a snarky, sometimes over-eager thief, Sugar's timid but sweet), music was PERFECT (Maple Island theme managed to feel both nostalgic and beginner-y, RED theme gets you pumped up for adventure, SAD Maple Island theme still gives me chills, and omg the final boss... THE FINAL BOSS OMFG!)

The final boss fight has to be the best part of the entire game. The scenery (the supposed-to-be-serene-and-peaceful Maple Island in flames), the first phase music (fitting for a final boss), seeing your friends in peril and calling you an idiot for coming to their aid (cuz you'll just die too), they really drive in the feeling of hopelessness that everyone must have, facing the black mage like that. The whole thing just felt so much like the final boss fight on a AAA RPG, miles better than the other character questlines.

You fight his first phase and, just as your friends said, your attacks barely tickle him. The Black Mage pushes you and your party into a corner, and all hope seems lost. In a last ditch effort, your friends pour the last of their power into you, but it's still not enough, and then THE FREAKIN' RED THEME STARTS PLAYING AHHHHHH. Then you win in one shot (my only complaint - the boss doesn't scale to your level/damage range, making it hella anti-climactic...)

The only other thing I'd want is character portraits for S.T.O. and R. Maybe Y. too. Doesn't even have to be customized for whatever armor you're wearing; could just be one pic if you're a boy, and a different one if you're a girl. Even better would be if there was one for each class. Could even be the R.E.D. cast.
    MaplerOver9000
  • SrcionSrcion
    Reactions: 400
    edited July 14
    Xenon standing up to Gelimer despite as much crap hes been through shows in the black heaven arc being that he finally whether beryl is dead or not he willing to sarcifice himself so other robots and human alike don't have to suffer the same pain that he has gotten was my favorite moment. Also dead robot PTSD gives more character to xenon to show that he is human despite being a cyborg.