[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Game Suggestion Survey pop-up.

SaifsSaifs
Reactions: 815
edited April 19 in Bug Reporting
Can you please stop this pop-up which asks us to rate the likelihood if we would suggest MapleStory to a friend after every time I try to switch characters or close maplestory?
This is really getting annoying it wasn't like this at all until this whole nexon-wide update. It would only ask us once like after an update and then stop harassing us. It's little things like these that add up and make this game annoying and I will not recommend MapleStory to anyone so just stop it STOP THE POP-UP.
  1. Get rid of the survey pop that appears after we switch characters or close maplestory?19 votes
    1. Yes
       79% (15 votes)
    2. No
       5% (1 vote)
    3. I love recommending broken games to friends.
       16% (3 votes)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 3,845
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 19
    The popup shouldn't be appearing every time you close the game.

Try performing a full shutdown of your computer and restarting, it might clear something.
  • AlexFAlexF
    Reactions: 2,755
    edited April 19
    Neospector wrote: »
    The popup shouldn't be appearing every time you close the game.

Try performing a full shutdown of your computer and restarting, it might clear something.

It shouldn't be, but if you read on reddit it is happening to allot of people and its a bug.

Just switching between characters has made this notice appear for me everytime.
  • DeeMonDeeMon
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited April 19
    I keep getting this friggin thing whenever I log out on one of my characters. I thought this only happens once per account, but for every character now?

7Uhvosc.png

Man, what a bunch of jokers, dood.
    Bellamazed
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 860
    edited April 20
    Same bug here, get this survey everytime I change character. And the worst part of the survey is that it opens in Internet Explorer.

Please fix :)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 19,150
    edited April 20
    Same bug here, get this survey everytime I change character. And the worst part of the survey is that it opens in Internet Explorer.

Please fix :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/66f1xv/every_time_you_change_character_now_nexon_please/dgi5za0/
    Go to control panel > programs and features > turn on or off windows features
    Uncheck internet explorer and restart
    SesomSlayer
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 860
    edited April 20
    @AKradian That worked for it popping up in IE, but still it should be changed, that it uses the default browser program selected in the Windows settings.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 19,150
    edited April 20
    @AKradian That worked for it popping up in IE, but still it should be changed, that it uses the default browser program selected in the Windows settings.

Obviously. But we've been complaining about that since the survey first showed up, and Nexon didn't do anything about it (you may draw your own conclusions about what that says about the attention they give our feedback in general).
    At least now it enables us to not get spammed by their buggy logout detection. I prefer not seeing the survey at all, to having it pop up in Chrome at every character change.
  • SadVirginSadVirgin
    Reactions: 1,360
    edited April 20
    Can't they just put a Leave Feedback option in the launcher that you can opt into when you actually have some new feedback to contribute? Right now I'm just spamming them with 0/10s and no additional comments, or just closing the window completely. That's not really constructive for anyone.
    BellamazedFennekin
  • thekenturahthekenturah
    Reactions: 520
    edited April 20
    From now until when you stop this pop up everytime we change characters even though we responded 2 minutes ago YOU GET A ZERO! Fix it please!
    Bellamazed