[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

KMS' 14th Anniversary Job Balancing in a nutshell

OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
Reactions: 2,750
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
Source: https://orangemushroom.net/2017/04/27/kms-ver-1-2-276-maplestorys-14th-anniversary/

oprah-free-car.gif
You get a buff! And You Get A Buff! EVERYBODY GETS A BUFF!!! except dawn warrior and blaster

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited April 2017
    My weird scarlet combo will be killed
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

On the bright side, Lucky items will now count toward multiple sets, as long as you have at least 3 parts of a set equipped.
    JettLuvsUbumbertyr
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Some nice things and some terrible things as usual who comes up with some of this stuff?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Some nice things and some terrible things as usual who comes up with some of this stuff?

What would you say is a bad thing? Just curious

I thought the new rune system would be bad for training mules, but they removed the lvl required on them.. so no concern anymore for me
    The super rough google translate version didn't make that clear.

I know allot of Blaster mains are disappointed in the nerf.

No need for Google Translate when there's OrangeMushroom: https://orangemushroom.net/2017/04/20/kmst-ver-1-2-049-voice-of-mapler-job-balancing/

Everything written in red in the skill updates is a nerf.

Personally, not liking the removal of the 150+ exception to "monsters of your level range". Makes attendances and event drop farming considerably more tedious.
    Also something that doesn't appear there but Insoya says is that Summon Duration buffs (from character cards or monster life) no longer apply to 5th job summons. That sucks.

As for the new rune system, I find it needlessly complicated (and therefore prone to bugs), and ultimately ineffective. Hackers can activate runes already, and non-hacking botters will simply change channel every 4 minutes, causing even more of a nuisance to players trying to use the map, and also stopping burning fields.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited April 2017
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

On the bright side, Lucky items will now count toward multiple sets, as long as you have at least 3 parts of a set equipped.

You might want take a look at this suggestion:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11616/suggestion-change-joker-item-functions#latest
    AKradian wrote: »

Personally, not liking the removal of the 150+ exception to "monsters of your level range". Makes attendances and event drop farming considerably more tedious.
    Also something that doesn't appear there but Insoya says is that Summon Duration buffs (from character cards or monster life) no longer apply to 5th job summons. That sucks.

Same here. I was like... wow we are gaining even more summon duration on Bourning Soul Blade :D... but after reading your post, awwwww dang. And I didn't even know we could get summon duration from Monster Life o-o I only have Rank S Corsair and Jett cards, so I can get my skill duration from 65 to 75.4 seconds.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Dayum they boosted the damage of vengeance of angel.
    I am kinda happy now.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    AlexF wrote: »

What would you say is a bad thing? Just curious

I thought the new rune system would be bad for training mules, but they removed the lvl required on them.. so no concern anymore for me
    The super rough google translate version didn't make that clear.

I know allot of Blaster mains are disappointed in the nerf.

So many things so many..

Senseless nerfs when they could just buff up classes to an equal level , Blaster isn't even that strong wtf.

The monster life change to summon durations

The whole monsters within your level range bs change it's like the Ascension update 2.0

The rune changes are complete rubbish screw that hope it doesn't leave KMST did you even read it properly?

Meh the fact we don't have Hekaton yet when it worked fine in EMS... and they removed it there for whatever reason.

Ursus is a buff really needed? I mean it's hard enough not everyone has broken asf damage. Ok meso reward increased great but it's just catering to funded players again.....

Like mining/harvesting wasn't broken enough because of the bug now they add a mini game in what is even the point? Do people bot these? Pretty sure they don't.......

Increase in minimum level for content when nothing changes in it They say it was an error that characters lower than level 100 could access it . lol no it wasn't it was always meant to be this way.

If it isn't broken don't fix it.