[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Resolved] Jett link skill "Core Aura"

SlatymateSlatymate
Reactions: 2,150
edited April 2017 in Bug Reporting
This bug can be resolved by doing a full computer shutdown or disabling Windows 10/8 fast startup. See my edit comment below.

Bug type: Functionality

Brief bug summary:
When linking the Jett link skill "Core Aura" to another character on the same account, the mentioned stats on the core is not given to your character with the link skill. On the screenshot below, you can see the upper part has no "Core Aura" link skill equipped and the upper part has the "Core Aura" skill equipped.

56a6cd02c1.png

Steps to reproduce:
1. Get a Jett level 70 or higher to share its link skill "Core Aura".
2. On the same account, use a different character and write down the character stats window information.
3. Equip the link skill "Core Aura" on the character selected in the step #2 and compared the character stats window information with the step #2.

Expected result:
My character should have obtained more than 35 STR after the %STR on my equipment is applied with the link skill "Core Aura" equipped. My character range should be higher with the link skill "Core Aura" equipped.

Observed result:
My character range and stats are the same with and without the link skill "Core Aura".

Character name: Naked
Character level: 230
Character job: Thunder Breaker
World name:Mardia
Date and time of the incident: April 21st, 2017 @ 16:00 PST

Edit:

After many attempts everyday to figure out the issue, I figured what happened. My Windows 10 updated recently and my computer was configured to do a fast startup. After I realized that, I decided to disable it again and do a full computer shutdown. It fixed my problem.

The issue was caused by memory/DLL corruption, but I did not know it was one of the effect of it. I suggest everyone who play MapleStory often to disable fast startup if you want a more stable game.

Comments

• SlatymateSlatymate
    edited April 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    I just tried this, and I lost the expected value of atk / str / range.

Is your core aura expired on the jett? Might it require you to relog on it and reroll it?

I am not at home at the moment, but I should have at least 60 days left on the Jett Core Aura.

I will do further tests, but this issue could be account related or case specific.
  • JohnnySquareJohnnySquare
    Reactions: 200
    edited April 2017
    Yet another thing broken about Jett. Have they at least made Jett's damage numbers display correctly yet?
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    edited April 2017
    So I got more details:
    1. I have about 99 days left on my timer to freeze my core stats.
    2. I tried to put the stats on another character, resetting the game and logging out few times. My character stats didn't increase after putting the link skill on and stats didn't decrease after removing the link skill.
    3. My Jett is level 250.
    4. I am been freezing the stats for at least 2 years and I did rotate my stats recently when I switched main.
    5. The last time I rotated my core stats and solidified it was the March 31, 2017.
    6. For some reason, the name of the character (Debt) I put and I removed the link skill Core Aura still appears as the user currently using the link skill on my Jett.

481f9fe088.jpg
    JettLuvsU