[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Suggestion] Tone down Arkarium!!! PLEASE!!!

Comments

• SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Detrivance wrote: »
    Arwoo wrote: »
    3.) Hard Hilla, since the new status resistance changes it's impossible to survive hilla's cage trap without killing her in 5 seconds or having a skill that has i-frames or using bind.

Perhaps the intention was to introduce a boss that requires teamwork? Though the cage takes a large amount of effort to break. We'll be sure to provide this as feedback as well.
    Arwoo wrote: »
    I was under the impression you could break Hard Hilla's cage by basic attacking it. Was I misinformed?
    Perhaps this explains why I tend to be the only one who attempts to free my allies...

It has been tested before and the cage needs 5 people basic attacking at max attack speed in order to break it. This is fairly impossible for most classes to even reach such attack speed without buffs that would increase it.

We both know breaking that cage is not possible. With the status resistance changes, unless your other 5 party members don't get caged too and with Hilla's other attacks that force you to go in the protective barrier to not take a 1-hit kill attack from that too, etc.... Really too much going on for any party to get someone out of that cage. They should just make the cage similar to "Petrify" where you mash left/right to get out or something that makes more sense.
    PirateIzzy
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    I read that Arkarium's snakes lost their physical immunity in KMS a long time ago, but ours kept it for some reason. I don't play KMS so I don't know for sure.

Confirming. Arkarium's snakes in KMS now have 100m HP, 200% PDR, and 10% MDR. The thing is, I get the feeling MDR is irrelevant now, since the 360 Arcane Force gargoyle has 930% PDR (yes, really), and, get ready for this, 103,837% MDR (proof:)
    8643016_zps3thookla.png

So I've come to two conclusions, because clearly magicians aren't doing 1s on these guys. Either there's a cap on how much MDR a mob can actually have, or MDR is irrelevant now. I'm going to do more into it.
  • xNailKaiserxNailKaiser
    Reactions: 2,440
    edited April 2017
    The focus of the topic was primarily Arkarium. Unlike other bosses, his mechanics make him far too impossible to defeat even with a party at times. Cygnus is bad but survivable. Lotus, I just tried and he is a pain but doable. Arkarium, however is in a class all his own.

I tested this yesterday on my 205 Demon Avenger just on EASY mode. I knocked Arkarium down to about 75%, locked him in place with Blood prison, then used a full power attack spam on him including the new V skill (name I forget to drop demon blood and hit him for a ton of damage). He got down to about 45% and Blood prison wore off and immediately he used his screen crack. When I respawned, he immediately used it again, and then again after a second respawn. I reentered again after waiting for Blood prison to clear and tried to relock him but immediately he used screen crack yet again, and again upon reentry, and again upon my last entry and I was knocked out of the battle.

If someone can explain those mechanics, by all means do so.

As far as other bosses go:

Chaos Zakum - Yes the arms are a pain to avoid and the lack of a respawn area is less than optimal. Originally the text given regarding the boss stated that the only instant death attack was the jump attack done by Zakum. Nothing was said about the hand slap, lasers, etc. about being instantly lethal. The damage ratios were really never clarified and explained. Other than having someone with high damage and 100% Ignore Enemy Defense and a bind skill, defeating him is a messy challenge.

Hard Hilla - Yes, the instant entrapment cage is a pain and destroying it to free a player is next to impossible. Soloing this boss currently is not an option. It would be nice to have the cage breakable by special attacks, or if solo, have the <-- --> key sequences pop up to break the cage yourself.

Lotus - The lasers are a pain to avoid as they do lag heavily at times. This however is not as bad as other bosses though.
    JettLuvsU