[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Boss Queueing Hijack

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I am usually the party's leader when I carry my guildies to boss battles. Sometimes after queuing, my party is being lead by a stranger. Please change it so this stranger isn't given control over the party.

I don't care if the Boss Queue system forms random parties with partyless bums and the leader is chosen by level or whatever, strangers should not be able to join your already formed party.

EDIT REASON: REALLY PISSED OFF WITH RANDOMS RUINING PARTIES

Comments

• RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    I agree, this is incredibly frustrating, as it makes bossing, a chore in itself, take way longer than it should. It's worse when the random stays in the party and expects a free carry.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited April 2017
    I agree, this is incredibly frustrating, as it makes bossing, a chore in itself, take way longer than it should. It's worse when the random stays in the party and expects a free carry.

If you are the leader, you can get rid of that unwanted guest. The random becoming the new party leader is unacceptable.
    JettLuvsU
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

If you are the leader, you can get rid of that unwanted guest. The random becoming the new party leader is unacceptable.

That's nice in theory; however, the random is always given control of my party whenever I queue in a party. I'm not entirely sure how the queueing algorithm determines who gets control over the party, but if I'm already in a party when I'm queuing to a boss, I expect to stay in that party and not risk having a random take over and ruin a boss run.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited May 2017
    The biggest issue for me is when I'm going on boss runs while under in the influence of a Rune. Reforming, or waiting for the new party leader to leave the party is a hassle. When you have a rune, you want to kill the boss ASAP and get as much EXP as possible. Shenanigans like this can easily occupy precious time.

During 2x, me and my training party were queuing in for Horntail. It just so happen that another group had the same idea and we ended up merging into a 6 man raid. The new leader kicked my character, and my 2 party members after the queue. It took 30 seconds to reform everything and the rune has a short buff duration.

Please DO NOT allow parties to change after queuing; it just makes a lot of complications.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017
    Or they could just change the whole boss queue system into a teleport, so it doesn't require waiting for other people, and with parties, there'd be no risk of losing control to randoms
    Its2Sharp4UKlara
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited July 2017
    Ranmaru runs are ruined by these randoms taking over and taking all the drops.