[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Blaze Wizard needs more defense

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Problem: Blaze Wizard needs more defense. As a now level 200 (legit) Blaze Wizard, I am burning MP potions like crazy because of how 5th job affected Defense. I burn an average of 200-300 Power Elixers an hour, and that's kind of high for any class. I don't know how the other mages were effected after 5th job, but I know Battle Mage is safe due to their blue aura giving them a 150% defense passive. (3x Defense)

Solution: Allow INT to now affect the growth rate of Defense, but not nearly as much as how Strength effects it.

Reasoning: Mages used to gain Magic Defense from INT ap which helped them when fighting magic user mobs, such as hilla, arkarium, etc but now take quite a bit more damage with Magic Defense's removal. There was nothing to compensate for this, and now Magic Guard skills drink MP like water in a vast desert. Blaze Wizards consume 40% more MP which also effects the amount of MP used up by their magic guard skill, which replaces 85% of HP Damage with MP consumption.

TL;DR INT should at least give 1/3rd- 2/5ths as much DEF as STR would, since there was nothing to compensate the removal of Magic Defense for mages after 5th job occured.
JettLuvsU

Comments

• YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Blaze Wizards are designed to have high damage at bossing and mobbing, but their con is being a glass cannon. So having low defense on a blaze wizard is only natural and it's how the class got designed, without healing skills. Just once in a while 60% mp healed.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited May 2017
    Use the Boogie familiar or Mutant snail to recover some of your mana that you use, you hardly will use potions when they are active.