[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Kinesis broken

SplashDamageSplashDamage
Reactions: 300
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: In-game

Brief bug summary: Psychic clutch and psychic smash are broken.

More details: I have tried logging out and logging back on, but it doesn't do damage and monsters don't die. I can use my other skills but not clutch which is the main attacking skill.

Steps to reproduce: Not really sure if it is all Kinesis, but it does the same thing no matter what I do

Character name: OathIess

Character level: 164

Character job: Kinesis

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 12/1/2016 6:28PM EST

Comments

• KinesisplayerKinesisplayer
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2017
    I have a Kinesis character (currently lvl 61) and I cannot use some of the skills in the 2nd job level (Psychic Blast) and in the 3rd level (Psychic Assault and Psychic Bulwark). All of these skills have at least one point/level on them but they do not work when I double-click them and they do not transfer over to the key bindings! My character is equipped with the psy-blaster so equipment is not the issue. This is bizarre because these skills should be able to be dragged from the skills window and transfer over to the keyboard so I can use them in battle!! Please solve this bug immediately!! I have used nexon cash on my character so I don't want to delete it! I currently can't play with my character because I am so frustrated that these essential skills do not work!!
  • KinesisplayerKinesisplayer
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2017
    I have this same issue! Wow Nexon STILL hasn't fixed this issue? Some of my skills don't work (Psychic Assault and Psychic Bulwark in 3rd job and Psychic Blast in 2nd job) and I found out in May 2017. I spent NX cash on my character and it's now virtually unplayable because my essential skills don't work!!
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017
    I had merged these threads because you had bumped both of them and they looked like the same issue upon first glance, but after reviewing Reddit and the Wiki as well as my own Kinesis character, you simply seem to be mistaken on how the skills work:

Maplestory has four different kinds of skills: Active, Passive, Toggle, and Buff. Attack skills are Active skills (either held down or pressed individually), Passive skills are always on and grant stat bonuses or different effects, Buffs temporarily increase stats when cast, and Toggle skills can be turned on or off.
    Psychic Assault, Psychic Blast, and Psychic Bulwark are passives and cannot be bound to a key. Psychic Assault and Blast improve Psychic Force. Cast Psychic Force and use the direction keys to use the different effects. Psychic Bulwark improves and changes the shape of Psychic Armor.

So in summary, Psychic Force, Psychic Blast, and Psychic Assault are the same skill. Psychic Armor and Psychic Bulwark are the same skill. These skills are functioning normally and nothing is bugged. I will be closing this thread. If the original issue SplashDamage has reported is still an issue, please recreate a new bug report thread.
    Kinesisplayer
This discussion has been closed.