[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lots of lag and disconnects.

SabbmonsterSabbmonster
Reactions: 990
edited May 2017 in Tech Support
I've been getting a lot of lag and disconnects lately. This has been going on for the past week. Is this a common thing happening or just me?

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    I've been getting a lot of lag and disconnects lately. This has been going on for the past week. Is this a common thing happening or just me?

open up task manager, if any of the disk cpu and memory are over 60%, open control panel and search for updates. usually when your system needs updates, your cpu, disk and memory usage spike, in turn causes the laggy gameplay. in my case i lag at times because windows defender updates every day at least2 times a day. so when it updates, everything settles down
  • EshmanEshman
    Reactions: 1,425
    edited May 2017
    If you are getting heavy lag/disconnects when gaming and you notice your cpu usage is higher when running certain games more than others my first suggestion would be to check whether or not these games' executable have been added into your antivirus/firewall exception list because your they may be running overtime checking the heuristics of the games. Most games have internal coding/decoding for generating their own graphics and it often throws antivirus for a loop at least that I've noticed. Since I added MapleStory's executables into mine I don't have any lag or disconnects unless the servers actually go down or my ISP is messing with me.
  • SabbmonsterSabbmonster
    edited May 2017
    I checked the task manager and nothing was over 60%. I don't tend to get a lot of lag or disconnects but this past week it's been real bad. I just got kicked out again. Maybe it's the exp event this time. I've never had that happen before but I've read in the forums that this can happen.
  • SabbmonsterSabbmonster
    edited May 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    I checked the task manager and nothing was over 60%. I don't tend to get a lot of lag or disconnects but this past week it's been real bad. I just got kicked out again. Maybe it's the exp event this time. I've never had that happen before but I've read in the forums that this can happen.

Have you tried reinstalling the client?

Yes. I have. I just got kicked out of the Maple High. I guess it's just something I have to deal with.